Thread: What colour eyes does Lara have?

What colour eyes does Lara have?

Ok I know this sounds stupid because Lara's eyes are classicly brown but in some screenshots, concepts and the trailer Lara's eyes appear green or blue. Even in the banner on top of the forum her eyes are greeny... Does anyone know what colour her official eye colour is?

Well, her eyes on the banner are sure brown And her official eye colour is brown
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Well, her eyes on the banner are sure brown And her official eye colour is brown
    You'd say they're brown?? It must be my monitor then... But in Turning Point her eyes a definately blue aren't they?

In the trailer they only *appear* to be blue in some scenes due to the reflections of certain objects or lighting effects. Her eyes are a "complex" brown, as officially stated by one of the graphics artists.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^ was going to say that
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

oh good. I love Lara's eyes brown the way they are. That's good to know

I asked Lara. Seemed to make sense...

(Don't think she was happy with me! )
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post

Lmao. Ok, ok Lara!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Her eyes are a "complex" brown, as officially stated by one of the graphics artists.
    I can see that...I have seen a few people who have brown eyes that look like they have some blue in them as well. I personally think that is more interesting because they seem to change with her mood and environment.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
    I can see that...I have seen a few people who have brown eyes that look like they have some blue in them as well. I personally think that is more interesting because they seem to change with her mood and environment.
    And maybe her eyes can turn piercing hazel when she goes into survival instinct mode! I know it'll be in black and white but it'd still be a very good addition...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    And maybe her eyes can turn piercing hazel when she goes into survival instinct mode! I know it'll be in black and white but it'd still be a very good addition...
    that would be cool, and I can relate to that...i have been told that my eyes turn grey when I get mad I haven't seen it personally, but i can imagine it would be pretty freaky
    signature image

Lol. It isn't as uncommon as people might think when peoples eyes turn a different colour when their emotions change. So it's very possible that your eyes do turn grey when you get mad if they're say for example blue or green, pretty peculiar if they're brown lol. Most of those cases come from people with hazel coloured eyes though so it may very well be lighting because hazel eyes can change drastically through light but it has been researched i believe...

Lol. It isn't as uncommon as people might think when peoples eyes turn a different colour when their emotions change. So it's very possible that your eyes do turn grey when you get mad if they're say for example blue or green, pretty peculiar if they're brown lol. Most of those cases come from people with hazel coloured eyes though so it may very well be lighting because hazel eyes can change drastically through light but it has been researched i believe...
    That is just the strangest thing. i wish I knew how it happens My eyes are medium to light blue with just a bit of hazel in the middle, and grey on the outside edge. I was told that my eyes were solid grey for about a week after I was born, so I guess they revert to that sometimes. Since Lara's eyes are "complex" brown, it would be easy for CD to do that with her.
    signature image

Yeah and it would have a true basis. I think the science behind it may not be a particular emotion but say if you are excited/angry/drunk, your pupils dilate a bit more so relflect more light and may go lighter or take in the colour of the room a bit more. It isn't that bizarre when you think about it but lighter eyes are obviously going to change a lot more dynamically for example your light brown/ hazely eyes would be more likely to change. My eyes are light brown too but I haven't really looked into it, maybe i'll see if it does happen to me...

I find all the reflections stuff just silly. Honestly I would rather they just stick with brown in every light and focus more on important details of the environment. I don't like seeing her with blue eyes whatever the justification in term of lighting conditions.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    I find all the reflections stuff just silly. Honestly I would rather they just stick with brown in every light and focus more on important details of the environment. I don't like seeing her with blue eyes whatever the justification in term of lighting conditions.
    I'm not sure if they did that purposely though, I think it may just be the way the engine is built or they came across it while building Lara and just didn't wanna change it...

I'm not sure if they did that purposely though, I think it may just be the way the engine is built or they came across it while building Lara and just didn't wanna change it...
    well, if it was on purpose or not, I like the effect. If the game is after realism, then environmental reflections in a person's eyes certainly happens in real life, so it would not be wrong to do so. If they did, though, the effect should be subtle, so that her natural eye color would not be covered, like Gemma mentioned.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post

HA HA very funny
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    It's probably the realism programmed into the game engine which is causing her eyes under certain circumstances to appear different, unintentionally. It is what happens in real life to. Stand in front of a red brick wall and your eyes will change too.

If you want her eyes to always look exactly the same, you are actually making the devs spend time on trying to prevent something which occurs naturally. It's like saying, "make Lara wear purple colored contact lenses because I like purple".

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

in the trailer they do look like there Blue,Greeny couler but from the pics there Brown and she always had brown eyes , so there brown
    signature image

She would be more beautiful with green eyes.
    tank trouble