Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An amazing Soul Reaver replica!

Your idea sounds great about a split blade, what would be cool is a Hylden skull with their bony type bat wings, similar to the reaver guard design with bits coming off it and maybe something odd on the pommel.

Though in the murals the Hylden champion had the flaming sword doesn’t mean they Hylden didn't have other awesome physical weapons back in the day!

Can I ask a quick question, the cored/foam ones you are planning to do for the reaver, could you do these to British LARP safe standards? I think there is something somewhere to say how much foam is required over the core to technically be safe for battle. (I'm sure there is anyway for the system I take part in).

Reaver Done
    That's right folks the Reaver is finally done, Roughly 9 years and 9k in learning how to do this, this baby is now done and in a copy stage. At the moment I have the parts made for 3 swords to go out the door. 1 stays with me so I can use it as a reference and try a few things with it. Only thing I would really like to get done is a great paint job before shipping it out but you have all waited so long so I can either give it a simple paint job of your call or send them out unpainted so if you have the paint skills or know someone that does then that's your call to.

I will very soon be setting up a website so I can start selling these to you all. But for now I am taking names of the people here and on the other forums I posted on about this and seeing if they still have an interest in the early completed versions. I must say as I am a perfectionist at heart I plan on tweaking my process so the later versions may be a bit lighter in weight, but right now the non lights and sound version weighs in at 2 Lbs 14oz. at 59.5 inches ( 4'11" ). The Light and sound version should be just over 3LBS. The blade weighs only 9-10 oz. I plan on gettng the hilt down to 16oz in the later weeks but I need to make a roto casting machine to do that. So for now these will weigh under 3 LBS and not under 2.
    So for all of you interested in LARP (I am planning on making this available in a flexible foam.) because of its length it constitutes as a Hand and a half weapon.
    Hand-and-a-Half Weapons: Hand-And-a-Half weapons can be used in one or two hands, but the other hand must remain empty. If used with only one hand, the weapon becomes thrust-only and should not be used to slash. No weapon longer than 5'10" (or 7' if the weapon is exclusively thrust-only) can ever be considered Hand-and-a-Half.

I still have to find a box I can ship it in and get it weighed to determine shipping rates so for the next week I will be finding that out and painting the pillars and the swords I do have. As soon as I sell 1-2 of these I will be able to purchase more material so I can make more. As it is right now I used up the last of the materials I had to make these 3-4. Also this week I will be messing with the paint scheme as I personally feel its to "happy" looking all bright looking, but that's up to you to determine. Please toss in your thoughts as to the color scheme but from the bulk of the Reaver images it goes as black (pommel), tan (handle), gold (handle end), black and off white (hilt), Black and green (blade). I plan on trying a more grey and black scheme to keep it dark but not sure yet.

And now its the preliminary "done" pics.

Ohhhh it looks fantastic ! I can’t stress that enough! Congratulations on finishing it…I can’t get over how cool it is (followed this since you first posted picks online) so yeah AWESOME!!!!! *faints*

Yes in the words of Urgo “me me me me me me me” please – yes I want a sound one and maybe a LARP one too (just to hit people with because it’s funny…yeah - LARPing wise of course). Please hook me up with a new Reaver!

Very nice!
    The hanging mechanism is a nice touch.

Wow, congratulations, looks fantastic! Can you maybe make the the whole handle part golden? How much do you estimate the price for it?

I have finally finished this sword prop and am in the copy stage (sadly I need more plastic to make more of them but that's like 3 days away). It took me only a 2nd thought on the paint scheme and I had it simplified. I went with the full gold handle look (but if you really wanted game colors *black, tan and gold I can do that but it looks off some how) I have so far been unable to get the blade to work from the fiberglass. so unfortunately the glowing blade is not an option just yet (though I will be trying still)

As for price I did some initial shipping attempts (without shipping anything) and so far the shipping is at about 80$. so I feel the 200 base unit price may be dropped a little as I found the materials are not to bad. So the idea is now $250 with built in shipping, that's the idea anyway. Until I get my prop site set up I may contact you via PM and direct you how to contact me or get one.

And now some pics

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Well I have a Reaver up on ebay now. If your interested just PM me and I'll give you the link to that. I made it so its got some customization to its color scheme.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

that is so awesome!!!!
    i'd love to see a light up version if possible to construct one.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Actually when I took these pics I had put together a blue and red high powered led in them. I just didn't post those pics as I wanted to show the base model. I always did have the intention for offering a night light mode (with lights). If you want to see them here is the link to my photobucket.

http://s914.photobucket.com/user/livebyhonor/library/

Note the blue became sort of a purple with the camera.

Dude this looks epic...is the blade got gold down the centre or is it silver? – I can’t quite make it out exactly. I know I said it before but you've done a fantastic job

Yes I did make 1 with the same gold down the middle as the handle has just to keep its 3 color color scheme. As you add more color to a war sword it starts to look odd, though the green I used looks good to.

Cool ...then I think I personally prefer the gold version - and thank you for answering my dumb question I should have viewed on a computer rather than a phone.

(click image to enlarge)

Bearded man got himself another Reaver... it looks hreavy haha
    signature image

Oh, they´re awesome, especially the last one! Want!

Cool thanks for sharing - it's good to see the progress/changes he has made to making it...shows there are people wanting them if he's making them!

The third one in that pic, Ber, looks pretty damn near perfect. Best metal replica I've seen.

I agree that newer metal one looks quite impressive. I'm wondering if its aluminum and done with the lost foam method like ID like to do at some point or if its just a TON of slow grinding a big block of steel. Either way it's very nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123