Page 3 of 223 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Times (TR9 news and updates)

new blogpost from officialtombraiderblog

Fanart: Mini Croft by Ledacroft

I squealed a bit.

Fanart: Lara Croft by CartoonCaveman

I love the style of this one!*

Exclamation new tweet from @tombraider

tombraider: This episode we discuss the history Crystal, evaluate Tomb Raider?s reception at E3, and address the most popular questions of the month!

More tweets...

tombraider: Take a listen to the first official Crystal Habit podcast over on the Tomb Raider Blog: http://bit.ly/kOtuy7

More tweets...

The Crystal Habit: #1

Returning to the studio after E3, Crystal Dynamics kicks off the first official Crystal Habit podcast. This episode, key staffers discuss the history of the development house, evaluate Tomb Raider’s reception at E3, and address the most popular questions of the month. Hosted by Meagan Marie.

Editor Note: We’re in the midst of the the approval process over at iTunes, so expect an archive to be available soon!

Glad you enjoyed! As Karl is a pillar of the Tomb Raider team, I’m sure he will be making regular*appearances*on the show

As a general note to all listeners, feel free to leave comments, suggestions, and requests via Disqus below. We want to ensure that the Crystal Habit feels fresh and fun, so feedback is*appreciated!*

tombraider: Game Reactor: Crystal talks Lara's Survival Instinct - http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/7960/...ival+Instinct/

A few bits and pieces of E3 coverage continue to roll in. Check out Game Reactor’s coverage of Tomb Raider above,*featuring*a*lengthy*chat with Karl about the decision to start fresh with Lara Croft.

The*Tomb Raider Forums*super-sleuths noticed a little crustacean companion at the 1:56 mark in the Turning Point trailer. Complete with an endearing mark on its shell, they have dubbed the crab “FeeFee” and dedicated an entire thread to celebrating the little critter. Fanart has been made and a story fabricated, as evidenced above.*

Enjoy.*

Comic strip by*Underhoe.

The thing's got its own Facebook page!
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

tombraider: RT @Bitmob: New Mobcast is live! All about gaming reboots/reinventions. Guest @_MeaganMarie_ from Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider). http:/ ...

Mobcast 103: The Reboot Edition: I was recently a guest on Bitmob’s Mobcast for a special episode all about reboots. While we don’t talk too much about Tomb Raider, if you’re up for another dose of my midwestern accent, take a listen!

Fanart: TR by SugarSnail

Fanart: Tomb Raider Sunset edition by Braaj

Fanart: Tomb Raider Underworld by AndersonMahanski

She looks like a Street Fighter character ^^
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

tombraider: We're excited to share a behind-the-scenes look at creating the Turning Point trailer, exclusively at GameInformer.com: http://bit.ly/oIWpEj

tombraider: RT @gameinformer: Behind The Scenes Of Tomb Raider's Debut Trailer http://bit.ly/oXRZLY

We’re very excited to reveal a behind-the-scenes look at the Tomb Raider Turning Point trailer.*

The Turning Point trailer took over a year to develop, and required collaborative efforts from multiple studios and entertainment entities. The video illustrates just how massive an*endeavor*it was to create three minutes of footage. Take a look for never-before-seen clips, animatics, interviews, and insight from the individuals that brought the trailer to life!

Crystal Tidbit #4

I like cereal. As a result, this cupboard is one of my favorite things in the office. It never runs out of tasty, tasty cereal.*

Fanart: The Beauty of Lara Croft by Amirulhafiz

Hi there! I made a point to address this question during our most recent Crystal Habit podcast. You can listen to it here.

To save you some digging, I’ve transcribed Karl’s quote below:

Karl Stewart: [Laughing]*“There will be no mansion unless her parents had sent an architect off to the island to build it without her knowing. And no, there are no butlers in the game to lock in any freezer.”

I loved prancing about Croft Manor in the early games (and exploiting the corner bug to run along the rooftops), but the luxury of Lara’s abode doesn’t fit with the story we’re trying to tell. Thinking about it makes me want to brush the dust off my PlayStation, though.

It seems that everyone wants us to spoil the conclusion of Tomb Raider! We’ve received dozens of questions like this one, asking if Lara’s adventures will continue on the island after this first title draws to a close. Check out Karl’s thoughts below, via the Crystal Habit podcast:

Karl Stewart: “Let us at least get this one out so you can play it first and see what you think! Of course, though, we’re reimagining the entire franchise, and this is step one. Enjoy it, play it, and we’ll tell you later what our next plan is.”

Yes, we’re answering a question with a non-answer. Tomb Raider is about exploration and discovery, and we’re not going to ruin that experience for you!

This is another question we*addressed*in the recent podcast. When asked about the*possibility*of a Mac version of Tomb Raider, Karl*enthusiastically*responded*as follows:

Karl Stewart: “Yes! We are in the middle of discussions with a company to look at doing that. I’d love to be able to see it day and date, but there is a technological aspect to it as well that we have to make sure we can achieve. But my goal is yes, I want a Mac version, because I love my Mac.”

Don’t give up hope!

tombraider: Lara Croft Crashes Steam?s Summer Camp - All four of Crystal D's Tomb Raider titles available at a massive discount! http://bit.ly/o8Tpwn

Page 3 of 223 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast