Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official wishlist for the TR9 development team

Official wishlist for the TR9 development team

I've seen already so many ideas and wishes (and anti-wishes) here on the forum and elsewhere and I decided to make a dedicated thread for it.

Use this thread to list what you would like to see implemented in TR9. Likewise, if you want something to be not implemented, you may post that here too. Or any other ideas or suggestions.

Every wish will be added to this first post and sorted on the amount of votes, to keep track of which ones are most popular.

Once we've collected a good number of wishes/ideas/suggestions, the most popular ones will be personally delivered to the TR9 development team at Crystal Dynamics by our very own Jason Walker, Mastering Manager at Square Enix.

So your voices will be heard!

-------

Now, there are a few rules. In order to keep this list maintainable, you need to post short and sweet wishes, preceded by the red text "My wish:". If you just write long texts about why you want something, there's a big chance I won't have the time to read it and will therefore not be included in the list. You are welcome to explain why you (don't) want something in the new game, but then be sure to start off your post with "My wish: [short description]", instead of lumping everything in together and making me look for what your suggestion is.

Also, before posting, make sure that the thing you are about to wish for isn't already covered in the list in this first post. All entries in this list will receive a number. If your wish is already in the list, then just post the number of the wish to give it your vote. But remember that voting for every single item you like even the slightest will not be a good idea, as then we will just get a whole bunch of items with the same amount of votes, which prevents a few good items from really standing out and getting the attention of the developers. Don't vote for things just because "it's nice to have". Try to limit your votes to a maximum of 5 items you really REALLY like to see the most in TR9.

Furthermore, don't post a wish that has already been posted by someone else recently but isn't added to this first post yet. Wait for it to be added and then cast your vote for the wish instead. I will not be processing duplicate new wishes, as this is way to time consuming for me. You're free to discuss new wishes with each other, though

Here are a few examples of good and bad posts.

Good:

My wish: customizable outfits

Bad:

Whenever I play a Tomb Raider game, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah which makes me very blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah so what I would like to see in this game, which promises to be an awesome game, is customizable outfits, because that would be really cool and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I am a fashion designer so I would like to have a choice of what Lara wears in the game and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Good:

My wish: no quicktime events

I don't like QTE because it would spoil blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

good:

My wish: #2 of the list in the first post
    My wish: #4 of the list in the first post
    My wish: #23 of the list in the first post

---

Finally, please include your forum name, so that I can easily copy&paste it. Write the following at the very top of your post:

Forum name: Driber

(replace "Driber" with your own forum name)

---

Here is the list of wishes which we have collected so far from you guys:

(If the above iframe containing the wish list does not show up, or is cut off, click here.)

UPDATE!

The final wishlist has been compiled and has been sent off to CrystalD.

Here is the letter to CrystalD containing the wishes that made the cut:

(If the above iframe containing the letter does not show up, click here.)

Great job, everyone

BUT...this doesn't mean you guys will have to stop posting wishes/votes, because the dev team is watching this thread for new wishes, so just keep 'em coming and I will continue to update this first post

Disclaimer: This "poll" is merely a way to have your voices heard by the developers. If they like your wish they may include it in the game at their discretion, but there is no absolute guaranty that any wish/idea/suggestion posted in this thread will make it in the final game.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

My wish I want to be able to play the game without feeling like a pervert

My wish I would love to see how Lara gains her double pistols.

My wish It would be awesome if Amanda Evert could make an appearence or Natla

My wish It would be cool if you could get flashback levels where you play as Lara wondering around Piccadily Circus or something, just to shake things up.

My wish I want a comic book tie in.

My Wish: PC friendly controls.

That means M/KB - NOT 'please attach controller'.

My Wish: Good graphics for PC.

High definition and/or DX 11 support without having to download massive patches. Should look vastly better than the console versions.

My Wish: To fall in love with Lara all over again.

Guess time will tell on that one
    signature image

Driber's wish #1 and 2: optional icons and QiX's idea of a Grim Fandango inspired hint system, but also optional: there are those who don't want any hint at all.

Not Silvermoth's wish #3: no Doppleganger, no Natla, specially no Amanda Evert. At least not yet.

Yes to Silvermoth's wish #3 and 4: flashbacks are good if they have a meaning in the plot, and yesyesyes to comic books.

Elliot Kane's #1 and 2: PC friendly control system and graphic settings. As for PC controls don't come with XBox or PS controllers. Keyboard and mouse, please. WASD setup with customisable key bindings.

Elliot Kane's #3 I take for granted. I did fall in love over again already.

My #1: Lara and Roth models from Turning Point ported to the game engine. Not like the current game models are not good by now, but in Turning Point they're just so freakin' amazing... Pretty please??

#2: a GPS without database installed as a map system. waypoints and locations marked by Lara on it as she discovers them. Map all empty at the begginning, containg just the island's shore and low def topography.

#3: optional fast travel.

#4: Low real time over game time ratio, maybe adjustable. I don't want one in game day to last one hour.
    signature image

Wishes added to first post.

Remember guys, you are of course free to add your vote for every single thing you like in the list, but that will not make anything stand out.

We will then end up with a whole bunch of wishes that all have the same amount of votes, which will tell Crystal Dynamic nothing about which wishes are the most desired.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

My wish: #1 of the list in the first post.

My wish: #7 of the list in the first post - specially if we had Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic from Top Cow doing the books!!!

My wish: #10 of the list in the first post - but cut the "At least not yet" and make it NEVER!!!!

My wish: #12 of the list in the first post.

My wish: Related with Wish #12, get an actual physical map of the island coming with the game! (Similar to what Rockstar does with GTA)
    signature image

First of all, I wanna thank Driber and Jason Walker, this is an awesome idea! Cheers!

So, my wishes are:

My wish: Wish#1 and Wish#2 of the list in the first post (Driber's wishes)

My wish: Wish#8 of the list in the first post and NOT wish#9 of the list in the first post (Elliot Kane's wishes)
    - I don't think graphics all that matter, they need to focus on the gameplay and the story... However, things do need to be smooth (no patches and stuff like that)

My wish: Wish#12 of the list in the first post (QiX's wish)
    - The GPS thingy which improves as Lara discovers new places.

My wish: Wish#15 of the list in the first post - dark7angel's wish related to the GPS - it would be cool to have an actual map ^^
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

dark7angel: wishes added to first post

dino: you'll have to re-write your post; that is way too much puzzling which I don't have the time for

Next time wait for new wishes to be added to the first post, guys. Posting "I second member xxxx's wish #3" will be too much work for me, so I will ignore it.

I edited my post ^^ Sorry.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

much better. added

I'm sorry. I read this thread too quickly when I posted before. I forgot to use red and I didn't make my comments on everyone else's wishes clear and short enough. Just one correction, please. Take my vote out of wish #5, no returning villains please.
    signature image

My wish: #1 of the list in the first post.
    My wish: #6 of the list in the first post

--
    I know it won't happen but I wish if there was some words written on the wall in Arabic with some 1 blood
    "If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

done and done

My wish: Lara's breast size is increased a bit to add plausability and continuity - not as big as before but bigger than now. (know it's controversial but I HAVE to say it)

My Wish: Re-use some original version TR1 music scores in the game (no remixes). Especially this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRst...eature=related

My Wish: Unlockable outfits - Classic and Japan dress

My Wish: More backtracking to increase completion time

My Wish: Coloured secret system from legend and anniversary

Wish #4 from list find out how Lara gets duel pistols

Wish #3 from list cut down on heavy moaning

added

My Wish: Huge NO to Wish #19! Pointless padding is NOT the way to extend a game's play time!

My Wish: minimum 15-20 hour play time with no padding.

My Wish: I do like Wish #6. The idea of filling in more of Lara's background through flashback is a very good one. Shows us more of who she is.
    signature image

My wish: cover system.

My wish: some hand to hand and stealth elements added to the combat.
    signature image

My wish:
    #7 of the list in the first post

My wish:
    #8 of the list in the first post

My wish:
    #1 of the list in the first post

My wish:
    #3 of the list in the first post

My wish:
    #6 of the list in the first post

And I don't see that this wish was added:
    My wish: no quicktime events
    so please, if it is, add me.

Right so here's the ones already on the list I agree with thus far:

MY WISH #'s15,2,4, and 18.

Here's my own:

MY WISH Flares at some point in the game.

MY WISH Artifacts and relics ala 'Legend', 'Anniversary' and 'Underworld', complete with rewards for finding them.

MY WISH Mini optional side-quests of some sort.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

My Wish: #1 from the list of the first post

My Wish: #4 from the list of the first post

My Wish: #10 from the list of the first post

My Wish: No Quick Time Events, or at the very least don't make the overall game heavily dependant on them.

My Wish: For the unlockable outfits to return in the NEXT game. I don't think they have a place in this one, where they would break the reality of the survival context.

My Wish: An explorable mansion with its own mini games and puzzle, in the NEXT game. Again would have no place in TR9, but I'm thinking more long term here.

My Wish: To see the return of evening gowns in some level/mission specific scenes. Yes that also goes into NEXT game (context being just as relegvant). I do realize that this is a reboot, but the freshness should be accompanied by familiarity too. One of the distinctive features of Lara has been her strong and adventurous image also being contrasted & complemented with one of culture, refinement, and sophistication. It would be a tragic shame to lose that in this re-envisoning of our lady.

** Now I do realize that 2 of the items on my own personal wish list seem identicle to what someone else already contributed, BUT, I'm emphasising that they have no place in THIS upcoming game, and have differentiated that they should be in the following game. I feel compelled to express my strong feelings on the long term direction the series takes from this new starting point.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    My Wish: To see the return of evening gowns
    Just say it's #18 then adobe. I LOVED seeing Lara in the classy sexy Japan dress and classic outfit is always a winner. I 100% want to see them or similar again.

My Wish: more dark humour from Lara

My Wishes from the list #16, #17, #3, #5 and #18

Quote Originally Posted by Flintmelody View Post
    Just say it's #18 then adobe. I LOVED seeing Lara in the classy sexy Japan dress and classic outfit is always a winner. I 100% want to see them or similar again.
    The thing is, I'm being realistic that I don't expect extravegant gowns in TR9 taking place on a remote island where Lara doesn't have access to a wardrobe. In fact having any kind of choice in outfits would break the reality and atmosphere of the game. I can accept not having selectable outfits for one game. Same with the mansion.

That why I put these into their own sub-category of things I'd like to see for future instalments. I'm looking not just at this one title, but long term for the series as it progresses from game to game.
    signature image

All wishes so far added, except for adobeARTIST's last one, which was too long. I need short and sweet description.

Might it be worth adding a separate 'wishes comment & discussion thread' to avoid cluttering this one with comments that are not actually wishes?
    signature image

My wish: NO artifacts like Excalibur or Mjölnir that Lara wields as a weapon or gives her special abilities ala Thor's collection in TRU.
    signature image

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast