Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C'mon, show me what you've got...

Thumbs Up

You've included some blasts from the past there, lucinvampire. Great job!

The [THUMB] code works like this:

[THUMB="http://www.yoururl.com/image_name.extension"][/THUMB]

Additionally the [IMG] code works in a similar fashion:

[IMG]http://www.yoururl.com/image_name.extension[/IMG]

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Thank you for your assistance and tutorial there Hylden & Umah, I’m completely new to this picture posting and photobucket (opened account just before posting). I hope I’ve got a handle on this now…hopefully here are some more pictures which are fully functional. (If they work I’ll go and amend the other ones, if not I'm going to put the dunces hat on and sit in the corner!)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

http://www.ucforums.com/attachment.p...1&d=1165286829

There were another couple that I'd like to submit but which were on an old hard drive, which
    makes it doubly annoying since I remember them so well.

One was from Soul Reaver 2 of Raziel standing in a container of liquid scratching his head, looking mightily confused/bemused with the whole situation.

The other was from Blood Omen 2 and was briefly known as the 'best screenshot in the world', it was a Sarafan Knight flying absolutely towards the camera after being hit by one of Kain's Fury attacks. It was great because the Sarafan was looking right at the camera as he was projected backwards.

Sadly Google couldn't help me find either - hopefully somebody knows which one's I'm talking about.

Exclamation

As a courtesy to our members who actually pay for webspace on which to host their images, please refrain from hotlinking directly to those sites (you should really refrain from hotlinking anywhere as you subject yourself to anti-hotlinking images which could be in violation of our TOU).

Example sites we should NOT be hotlinking to:

The Lost Worlds - Owned by Blincoln
    The Dark Chronicle - Owned by Ardeth Silvereni
    Nosgothic Realm - Owned by Tenaya

You can either save those images to your PC and upload them to Photobucket, or simply post the link to said images. I'm also willing to provide temporary hosting if need be.

Thanks!
    ~ Voltaire

Er, ok then. But what about those linking to Nosgothic Realm (Tenaya's site)?
    An awful lot of terms and conditions in this thread to say the least

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    Er, ok then. But what about those linking to Nosgothic Realm (Tenaya's site)?
    An awful lot of terms and conditions in this thread to say the least
    I'm currently in the process of checking to see what has been hotlinked to at this point so I can update the list of sites. I agree, Tenaya should be included as (I'm sure) she pays good money for her site and (I know) she contributes a lot to us as a Community. The least we can do is be considerate of her bandwith. Bandwith leeching is not only annoying, but can be very costly to a site owner (web host depending). We're looking out in those site owner's best interests.

I can appreciate your distaste for the "terms and conditions", and you're free not to contribute if you find them too demanding. They are what they are, though.

Thanks.
    ~ Voltaire

No distaste for them, if only because they imply you're gearing up to something important

Lightbulb

Just an update to the previous couple of posts: While many of the images posted previously may appear on NR, only one was actually hotlinked from it. (Which I've now fixed).

The majority of images that have been posted are being linked from personal Photobucket and Imageshack accounts. There are additional images being hotlinked from commercial websites (e.g. IGN-type sites) and DeviantArt pages. Bazielim runs the LOK wiki so it's up to him if he wants to hotlink to it.

The one that flagged this issue was the one that was clearly marked as originating from TLW. (Which caused me to check the URL). I did check the URL's previously, but admittedly missed the actual NR image. I have questions regarding a couple of additional images (which I'm about to check into) which I will most likely resolve by changing them to a link instead of an image.
    ~ Voltaire

Just in case anyone's wondering; The Wiki is free to run etc and there don't seem to be any (or at least I'm not aware of any) restrictions on this type of action from the Wiki Staff (being a very large website network, I'm assuming they have some way around the problem). I don't really mind anyone hotlinking the wiki and I'm sure the Wiki Staff would let me know if they have a problem with it - so go ahead if we have the images. (I'll let you know if they kick up a fuss)
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Alright! let's continue

The next fan arts author is Abed Al-Tall and they are one of the best Raziel illustrations I've ever seen!!

More to come!

Ber - whered you find the first pic from???
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

That first pic and the one with half Raz, half Kain are great

here's my contribution.(not drawn by me)

(dunno why raz's spine is so.....spiney......)

<<< DUPLICATE IMAGE REMOVED >>>

(saved the best for last)

signature image

here's a few nice ones, going through my lists: (for some reason I'm feeling the architecture today)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    A couple of Isabelle Lemay environment concepts

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    more architecture and environment

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    ...and some pillars stuff

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    and relating to the first one

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Very good choices, Bazielim

Edit: another thread just down from this one forced me to hunt for more of swordsicle's awesome fan-made Soul Reaver sword pics Might as well post 'em up!

If anyone owns, or has held, that Kain figure, then you know just how giant that skull and hilt is in comparison. Like I said earlier, he made it to be to scale

Finally after hours searching a good image host!

Chibi J's LoK fanart...

Great pieces, some unfinished, still great stuff!

More to come!

I will post some really good fanart such as kainthevampirelord and CarletDukaine from DA, and thesadly unfinished Spirit Noir by Chansemweje

Well one more for the day...

This is the best fanart I found about the Sarafan/Hylden Lord... it's just stunning!

The author is Mecoiy in DeviantArt

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

some old fanart from me. i did these just to learn how to paint and color in photoshop

this one is really old, i think its one of the first i ever colored.

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

I'll get these in before I forget. Apologies for weird sizes, anyway ... Kain today methinks

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

and I'm surprised Ranjeet Singhal's Dark Prophecy Kain hasn't made an appearance

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

The forum allows only 40 images per post, so I will have to divide this into parts.

First - some of my favourite artwork that has not been posted yet:

I wish that the team had chosen that early Kain concept.

I also have no idea how this wallpaper hasn't been posted yet :

And now - time to decrease the quality of this thread by posting my miserable fan-"art" . I started it long ago and never found the time to finish it, so it's still work in progress, and it's (literally) rough around the edges. Maybe one day I will actually learn how to draw. In the meantime:

At least now you know where my avatar comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    On to some fan art, I came across this first piece just now by accident while searching for another work:

By Vidar Rapp; you can find his work here:

http://www.vidarrapp.se/2007/05/13/kain-and-raziel/

Does this not remind you of an old Greek, or Roman statue? It really has that feel to it and that's pretty awesome. Romanticized and sleek, this tells the story of the slaying of Raziel, without being a literal effigy.
    Actually it "reminds" me of a XVI century painting by Tintoretto called Kain and Abel:

Part two - the screenshots. I took these during my last playthroughs. Relatively high resolution (for all you asking for the LoK HD collection). Unfortunately with no AA (I currently don't have a hardware for that). I hope it won't be considered as spamming - It actually took some time to pick these out of the set of about 7000 .

Blood Omen 2:

And the Hylden Queen:

Oh wait... Forget that - that one was from Tomb Raider .

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    [/URL]

At least now you know where my avatar comes from.
    I did wonder. I thought it was General Grievous from Star Wars lol. (great artwork btw, saved)

Loads of good pics you posted
    -Raziel: [to Elder God] "I'm beginning to think the vampires committed suicide only to escape your singing!"
    -Kain: [after failing to paint the Mona Lisa] "I always was considered artless!" (both improvised )

Part 2 of part 2 - Defiance screenshots. That would be all from me because I don't have currently any screenshots from other games (I would definitely post the pictures of the Sarafan Cathedral, Dark Forge and ruined Uschtenheim from SR2 if I had).

Paradoks - dude that drawing is awesome!!

i'll post my crappy drawing in a little while..

signature image

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast