Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C'mon, show me what you've got...

Lightbulb C'mon, show me what you've got...

Greetings, All!

Your resident Vampiric Lady of The Sith is in need of your assistance for some "research" she's conducting.

I'd like you to submit your favorite images of the LOK series. Images may include:

• Official wallpapers
    • Official promotional material
    • Game screenshots
    • Fan art (please include the artist - e.g. yourself or another individual)

Please post your submissions here in this thread (preferably) with either the [IMG] BBcode or as a link. As a courtesy to everyone, please utilize the [THUMB] BBCode if you're going to post images the size of the Grand Canyon.

Additionally, please make sure you're not submitting duplicate images and that your images are TOU-friendly as they will be removed if they're not. If you're unsure as to whether or not an image you wish to post is TOU-friendly or not, PM me and I will do my best to assist you.

DO NOT HOTLINK TO PERSONALLY OWNED WEBSITES. Some of our members (and LOK Community members-at-large) pay good money to host their LOK content for us. Let's be courteous to those site owners and refrain from leeching their bandwith.

I will be collecting "research" material until July 9th, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST, after which the thread will be closed and the actual project will begin.

I'm looking forward to all your submissions!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

I love this screenshot:

And I love this wallpaper:

(click image to enlarge)

There is a fan altered version of this wallpaper where it looks like it is all on fire, but I can't find it

The box art for defiance and Soul Reaver 2 are also awesome
    -Raziel: [to Elder God] "I'm beginning to think the vampires committed suicide only to escape your singing!"
    -Kain: [after failing to paint the Mona Lisa] "I always was considered artless!" (both improvised )

the uncertainty is killing me!!

These are my fanworks

<<< IMAGE REMOVED >>>

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

More to come!!!

Thumbs Up Great work, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    the uncertainty is killing me!!
    Good!

Do me a favor and crop your first fan art. It's really cool, but for the purpose of this particular "research", I can't include the nude statue. (PM me the original though!)
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    Good!

Do me a favor and crop your first fan art. It's really cool, but for the purpose of this particular "research", I can't include the nude statue. (PM me the original though!)
    No problem!! I will PM u the link!!!

This fan art I found has been my wallpaper on my computer for a while...

http://www.phungdinhdung.org/gallery...ngdinhdung.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    No problem!! I will PM u the link!!!
    Me too please. love the images
    -Raziel: [to Elder God] "I'm beginning to think the vampires committed suicide only to escape your singing!"
    -Kain: [after failing to paint the Mona Lisa] "I always was considered artless!" (both improvised )

I almost don't know where to start... work on the wiki means I get a lot of images and screenshots for illustrative purposes. A lot are brilliant and it's difficult to choose between over 1800 images.
    But If I have to choose I think I'd have to go with this one. Just for the effort it took to get the timing right ... and goodnight Marcus!
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

This is by far my favourite concept art in the entire series. I hope this research is leading somewhere good (you know what I mean)

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    This is by far my favourite concept art in the entire series.
    That is indeed a good one. I really enjoy Kory Heinzen's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    I hope this research is leading somewhere good (you know what I mean)
    Are you doubting my intentions?
    ~ Voltaire

Man, you've got me doing some major refreshing of the brain and hunting here, but here goes:

First, I'll add my art here:

(click image to enlarge)

A depiction of Kain pondering the action he's just taken against Raziel, happening right after Kain tore the bones from his wings in SR1. Daniel Cabuco's piece with Kain holding Raziel's clan banner inspired me.

Now, for actual concept art from the games:

I would have loved to have seen Nosgoth more open, showing how vast and epic a land it was/is. Images like this do so. Imagine being able to traverse from the building in the foreground to the one in the center of the lake and to see the scale unfold (or, to fly there in batform in real time; not a cutscene). Both of these structures invoke images from Blood Omen 1. Perhaps the one on the hill is was a Spirit Forge, and the one in the middle of the lake, one of the secret locations you teleported to. Or, something akin to those areas. But the scope is key.

Contrasting the above is this. Depending on the when and the where, showing the ravages to Nosgoth was never quite done so vividly as this. Imagine the detail that could be shown with entire cities lying in intricate rubble by either post corruption, or post war, on these next gen consoles and on PC.

Similarly, again showing the epic scale, imagine being able to head from atop a cliff like this all of the way down into a city under siege. We've seen Avernus in flames a few times, so it doesn't have to be Avernus. Something even bigger. Willendorf or larger, if it's in the past. Like an city of the Ancients. Raziel's role is done (at least, as a Wraith), so substitute Kain in the foreground.

The Pillars are the most iconic locale for Nosgoth and LoK. Imagine seeing them newly forged in a beautifully rendered Nosgoth, with lush pines and grand mountains in the background. I'd also prefer this more open feel to the area than in both SR2 and Defiance, where gates and narrow paths truncated the view of the Pillars.

This feels so much more than what was able to be rendered in SR2, and also Defiance. The grand scale of the statues and the marble of it. This court feels huge and real. I'd love to see locations with more of this grand Lord-of-the-Rings-like architecture.

While I am not saying the location of the Abyss is what's the draw, it's another example of open and lush environments. The scale and layers of the water falls and the bridges over it, with the spires and mountains in the background. It feels like a world.

Kain:

<<< IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT REASONS >>>

Back to Kain, like my own artwork of him, these are how Kain should look to me. The one thing missing in Defiance was the correct detail on Kain's face and body. The patterns of how his skin has cracked and evolved and the subtle nuances in the color on his lips and under the eyes, and all else on the model and artwork for it for both SR1 and SR2's intros are what made Kain unique and always have been the pinnacle of what his character should look like, and what I've heard anyone say they'd love to finally see rendered in game.

I'll break this up here because I think there's a limit on how many pics you can post at once. I've got more, though.

Some more fanart!

Author: Wulfsbane

(click image to enlarge)

Author: Infernauta

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Author: Philiera

Author: demitrybelmont

Author VinRoc

(click image to enlarge)

Author: Tetsugem28

Author: Chansemweje

And one of my favourites:

(click image to enlarge)

Author: ChibiJ ( I will upload more from this author!)

More to come!

Here's a cool Kain one:

And this one I really like:

Author: pstchoart
    I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!

some of the stuff that makes me happy:

(click image to enlarge)
    by Splurch2006

by Hieronymus7Z

http://www.nosgoth.net/Blood_Omen/gallery/DC04.jpg

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

It's a shame that there were a ton of great wallpapers and promotional art for Raziel from SR1 through Defiance, but hardly any, full body anyway, for Kain (Elder Kain, that is). By the time we got some in Defiance, Kain was all wrong in them. I did like the box art for Defiance's pose with Kain, at least, but the detail was still flubbed.

You have to go back to the SR1, or SR2 intros to get good pics, but they hardly show him close enough, or in full body shots. You know, it was only his series, lol. Why bother promoting him

From SR2's intro.

Onto screen caps that do the series justice:

Love the fight in the Stronghold's upper levels, tossing characters here and there. You almost wish Kain could have just simply crushed him to paste while holding the Sarafan soldier up. How crazy would that have been?

Again, great fluid shot of the combat. And very cinematic. However, it works better in still than in practice. I look at this objectively, and it feels like Kain should be launching forward at this soldier for a super-powered strike. Combining Kain's super long jumping abilities into a powerhouse of mighty and bloody destruction. It would have been far more epic than the stopped-in-the-air combat that occurs.

These cinematic reveals of grand and open spaces were more prevalent in SR2, but here's a rare one in Defiance. The scale and grandeur is felt in this shot.

Here's another. You feel every word Kain says as he views these towering edifices.

The fire demon bursting up from the ground like the altered form of Mortanius in BO was a nice touch here in SR2. And the feeling of the overpowering nature of these beasts is felt in this angle. The era of epic battles with grand beasts that are even bigger is here. Some super demon monstrosity that is like the bigger black versions of this guy you face, but with a better and less cheap combat system, would be amazing in today's graphics.

What was missing in Defiance, truly awe-inspiring spectacles like this. The light forge is one of many great moments where the reward is seeing this epic scene of fantastical power and energy explode once Raziel forged his weapon. The music rose to match it. These moments were great and each was unique. Something with the Ancients and the Hylden fighting, magic vs. magic, or Kain battling some horrific element of their war machines, opening some new dimension. Something this grand would be amazing to see.

Again, the ferocity of the combat looked better in stills then it played, but it can't be denied that you want to see Kain tearing through people in mid-air and with super-human rage like this.

All of the forges were different in SR2, and they all had influences from our own past civilizations. That alone was great, but the air forge stood out as even more otherworldly, or from some civilization totally foreign and yet familiar to us. I think it fit in its fantastical color pallet and shrines and the center monolith that looked so much like the snake coiling around Moebius' very staff, more for the Ancients then any other of the forges and, if ever we would return to the time of the ancient vampires, I'd love to see more of this incorporated into their cities and temples of old. I loved the glowing red gems that powered the place with light. The winding stone that melded into walls in places, to the figures and effigies -- truly inspired. I also loved the sky. It felt like it all belonged. Plus, so much went on in this forge, it still feels like it needs further explanation.

I mentioned earlier that Kain has uniqueness in his detail that I think is absolutely vital to his character and should be preserved. Well, so, too, is the detail of the Soul Reaver, itself, this important. Defiance simplified the blade. Gone were the worn textures and it had less curves. The skull had grown in size, etc. This is how the blade should be, only made even more realistic. The sword is every much a character by its very specific design as the one that now wields it.

I have a couple more, but I have to see if they are ok to post.

Edit: looks like bloody images are fine, from my refresh of the terms of use

I'm posting these to illustrate what felt like it was missing in the combat. Dismemberment and other impacting visuals. Look, you've got Kain, a super-strengthened demi-god, wielding a 5-foot broadsword like it's a butter knife, and instead of hacking foes to death, it felt in Defiance like I was bludgeoning them to death. Gone were the head decapitations in SR2 and BO2. And, even though I got that Kain is wielding the Reaver, so why would he use anything else to kill argument that CD made, I feel sometimes even Kain feels like getting creative, or just getting his hands dirty, and would decide to simply rip them apart with his bare hands. You know, this!

At the very least, he should be now and then hacking off limbs, heads, even cutting people in half. The Defiance comic went a bit overboard with it, perhaps, but then again, given Kain's strength, probably not. However, even if he doesn't hack people into human bits each time he swings the sword, cutting through armor and leaving slices on the character model and now and then the aforementioned destruction to cut off their limbs, heads, or slice them in half (vertically and horizontally) would be welcome. Finishing moves of especially nice head chops, like this:

...would be great. Still keeping the Reaver impale and reave their soul option also, and make sure the reaver actually impales the subject, unlike sometimes in Defiance when it went any old place. Something like this rendered in game:

On the subject of blood, as in when limbs go a' flyin' and such, I'd prefer seeing it like thick, dark liquid, like they rendered in FEAR 2, or in the Ninja Gaiden games, than the misty light red vapor in the LoK games of the past. A steady stream of fluid when Kain drinks, like was originally shown in BO1 with Vorador here:

And one last thing about violence: I'd love a return to his varied spells that do things like this:

Those would do wonders to making the game the unreal awesomeness it should be.

Yeah I miss some of the creative violence from earlier games

Exclamation

You all are providing me with very good "research" material.

I'd like to re-emphasize something I originally posted, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post

As a courtesy to everyone, please utilize the [THUMB] BBCode if you're going to post images the size of the Grand Canyon.
    A few of you have overlooked this aspect of my initial post (as my "EDITS" have indicated). Posting full sized images drastically distorts the forum layout. The participants and visitors of this thread should not have to scroll a mile sideways to see your submissions. Again, please utilize the [THUMB] BB code when necessary so as to avoid distortion of the forum layout.

A comprehensive tutorial on utilizing the handy-dandy [THUMB] BB code, can be found here (along with the rest of our BB codes). If you require additional assistance utilizing the code, let me know and I will do my best to provide it.

Thanks and keep 'em coming!
    ~ Voltaire

Just another little "heads up":

Be wary of submitting magazine scans. They are acceptable so long as they do not contain any text pertaining to the article or photo captions. If you're unable to remove said text from these images yourself, PM me and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks!
    ~ Voltaire

Hylden, - your talking about MK9 physics here...you know like the bone breaking/fatality cut ins.

I think we have the means to do stuff like this for kain in future games now so I don't see how it would be impossible to do for a new game.

and I also agree on the Cinematic kain model being used instead of a low poly one.
    XD
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Yup, MK has some nice blood and dismemberment physics, and damage physics.

Ugh, you know that scan has been up elsewhere for years. It didn't even cross my mind that it would be a problem.

Well, thou hast fixedeth this problem

Anywho... A few I forgot:

I think this has been the best rendition of the EG thus far. Except that I love the Moebius strip added to the shape of its eye later on. This looks like a squid, not parts of some undulating thing and not too bright like in Defiance, nor small like in SR2. The color is dark and foreboding for its skin (I realize the color would not be so blue in the physical world, where Kain would view it/him) and it has barnacles/bubbles on its skin where appropriate. It just feels the most like a dark and dangerous being, out of all of the EG renderings. That spiraling, segmented tentacle on the ground is great as it slowly moves along.

I would love to see the Hylden pre-fallen like this. BO2 did a great job of making you understand that they were once humanoid, more so than the ruined forms they've become.

This was looked at by the Gaston Brothers, as Divine Shadow has unearthed for us, for the (Dark Prophecy, if it was called that) canceled last LoK game. Their work here:

(click image to enlarge)

I'd love to see where they were going with this incorporated. And they stated they'd "work on this again in a heartbeat." So...

I realty liked these found images of what the ruined area around the Pillars might have looked like after they went boom. It's very dynamic, with the ground cracking and the lava inside, and the ruined, charred, smoking remnants of trees.

Well, off to think on this some more, and stuff

hylden i have that issue with the kain model!

i love that kain model as well as lt raz from the intro...<3

"are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Last edited by Umah Bloodomen; Yesterday at 06:48 PM. Reason: Again, lets use the [THUMB] code when necessary. Thanks.
    Hm, Photobucket doesn't have pics larger than 800 width, I thought. At least my own are never more than that. Maybe Divine Shadow has a premium account, or something. Sorry. (While I am on the subject: I am pretty sure 800 pixels is the limit, right? I did search the TOU and through the FAQ, but I didn't see it. I remember seeing it before, which is why I know to just use Photobucket, since it automatically resizes an image for me, but maybe others haven't seen that this is the limit.)

Yeah, maginkura, this was pretty sweet. The face just had its own unique character. GlyphX was amazing at that:

On to some fan art, I came across this first piece just now by accident while searching for another work:

By Vidar Rapp; you can find his work here:

http://www.vidarrapp.se/2007/05/13/kain-and-raziel/

Does this not remind you of an old Greek, or Roman statue? It really has that feel to it and that's pretty awesome. Romanticized and sleek, this tells the story of the slaying of Raziel, without being a literal effigy.

This has always been one of my favorites. And I can't remember the artist's name.. There was a question a year, or two, ago about this piece with someone else asking who the artist was and it's an Eidos forum member. I am just blanking on the name, but it's "ecc" something, I think. Sorry to the person; you aren't forgettable. I just have a hard time remembering unusual forum names if it's been a few years...

Here's the best darn fan work of the Soul Reaver, as it's an actual blade. If ever swordsicle finishes it, lol:

I'd love to have that blade.

Edit: btw, I meant to note earlier that I love that demonic depiction of Raziel up there by pstchoart. He doesn't have the ribs and usual detail, but he sure does look scary, heh.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Hm, Photobucket doesn't have pics larger than 800 width, I thought. At least my own are never more than that. Maybe Divine Shadow has a premium account, or something. Sorry. (While I am on the subject: I am pretty sure 800 pixels is the limit, right? I did search the TOU and through the FAQ, but I didn't see it. I remember seeing it before, which is why I know to just use Photobucket, since it automatically resizes an image for me, but maybe others haven't seen that this is the limit.)
    My resolution is set to 1366 x 768 (at home) and 1024 x 768 (at work) and the layout has been distorted with each of the pictures I've edited (although yours was not as much as the previous submissions - just enough to be annoying, though ). Any time the forum is out of alignment with each post, I add the [THUMB] code to fix it. I'd rather you guys do it yourself, but it does give me something to do when I'm sitting at work bored out of my mind because of the limitless downtime.

Part of the reason we implemented the code is to compensate for the various photo hosting websites that auto-adjust the images. I don't believe the 800 px requirement was set in stone, it was more of an "implied" requirement as 800 x 600 was a pretty popular resolution back-in-the day.

Still, your images are looking great! I too, love the SR image.
    ~ Voltaire

Here are some pictures for you Umah (I hope I haven’t mucked this up with it being the first time and all I’ve uploaded anything to this forum - if I have please repair all damages!)

PS: I apologise as I can't seem to comprehend this thumb tagging, I've read the destructions and my brain cannot take it, so sorry!

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(I’m not sure who drew this as a friend emailed it to me at work to cheer me up but its awesome) so here’s one for the lols…

(click image to enlarge)

PPS: I couldn't get the images to upload, so hopefully the links will work instead!

Your links are working, yes. The reason the image code didn't work, however, is because you're linking to Photobucket, not to the images, themselves.

In any of your links, if you right click on the image, you should see an option to view the image, or something like that. Clicking that option will bring up the naked image, without any Photobucket stuff. That's the image URL you need. You can also find this by viewing your Album in Photobucket and hovering your mouse under any of your images' thumbnail (small) pics. You'll see a box that has different options. The one you want is Direct Link. All you then have to do is click anywhere in the highlighted blue text and it will copy the link and you can paste it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast