Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Compass Podcasts | update Aug 26 - Episode #30 live!

Im finished With listening now.
    Thanks for answering my question, Meagan and Noah!
    It's really sad, It looked pretty awesome.
    I hope someone tries to make this in TRLE.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

It's a huge one
    No kidding, phew.

Thanks for posting. And Meagan and the guys for doing it.

--

I had no idea there was alternate ending first, with Sam dying. "Not fair to the players"... Bah! It should've stayed in.
    - signed -

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    I had no idea there was alternate ending first, with Sam dying. "Not fair to the players"... Bah! It should've stayed in.
    Totally agree!!! It would have been such a great ending!!! I can just imagine the angst!!!

-----------

Thanks Meagan and the guys for taking the time to answer these questions!!!
    signature image

Transcription of podcast 19:

Download in Word format: http://driber.net/os/tr9/The_Crystal...nscription.doc

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

MEAGAN MARIE: We actually get questions quite often, including this one from Gumy in the forums. They ask, “Would you ever make Ascension its own sort of game or spin-off?” I think we know the answer to this, but does somebody want to tackle that?
    Lol, it's actually GUMI, i gave them that question lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Perhaps he should.......fire......the translator?
    Don't even think of firing Meagan.

Thanks for the podcast, Meagan, Kyle, Noah and Brian!

I read the whole thing! It was amazing!

They could have made 2 endings though. Now that would be perfect!
    signature image

I just listened to this, my favorite podcast!
    But I didn't really like that they didn't go into the detail level I was expecting.
    Anyway...

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, ADD MORE DOWNLOADABLE TOMBS AND STORY DLC (Alex Survives, please).

Quote Originally Posted by GUMI View Post
    Lol, it's actually GUMI, i gave them that question lol.
    Sorry I didn't catch that! I have someone transcribe it for me since I don't have time and that error slipped by me!

Big Grin

Thank you so much for the amazing podcast Meagan, Kyle, Noah and Brian! Believe it or not, I wish it were even longer! I can't wait for the next one! I want to know more about that female scavenger...the way she was talked about made it seem like she had some epic backstory...and was she a friendly? Or just another thing to shoot in the face with an arrow? Would she have become your friend? Been a double agent for you? For the scavengers?

Oh and of course, kudos on the in-game dialogue that was briefly mentioned, it truly gives that "emotional synchronization."

"That's right! Run you b*** I'm coming for you all!" Brings a smile to my face every time.

THIS! This so much! I would have absolutely LOVED this ending. I honestly was hoping for the final boss to be a Himiko possessed Sam, where you had to kill the best friend for the greater good...I just...I want this ending. Something about Lara carrying Sam's limp, dead body down the mountain seems a lot more powerful and impactful to me.
    signature image

I'm so glad this ending didn't make it to the game.

Thanks for the amazing podcast Meagan!
    I'm glad you asked something I wrote!

Anyway, I would have liked the ''sad'' ending... I was hoping for something that would have made me cry

I totaly agree with Noah that Lara had to be able to at least safe Sam. If she was so incompetent that she couldn't safe any of her friends I think she wouldn't deserve being the damn protagonist. And I also agree that I like Sam to be become a part of Lara's mythology...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EowynFan View Post
    I want to know more about that female scavenger...the way she was talked about made it seem like she had some epic backstory...and was she a friendly? Or just another thing to shoot in the face with an arrow? Would she have become your friend? Been a double agent for you? For the scavengers?
    Yeah... I forgot to mention that. I'd love to hear more about this as well. I always thought that it would've been cool if Lara could find an "ally" of some kind among scavengers/Solarii.

Seems like a few very good ideas were cut out.

Oh, and by the way, is it me.. or did either Kyle or Brian pronounce Lara as Laura?? This is, of course, totally unacceptable...
    - signed -

^Yeah, I agree! Some really good ideas were cut out...

As for the alternative ending with Sam dying, I personally think it would have been a much more powerful and emotional ending. And it would tie-in brilliantly with what Roth tried to teach Lara, that sacrifices are a choice you make, and not one made for you, if she had to sacrifice her best friend's life.
    signature image

I love the alternate ending. In reality you can´t always win and realizing that is what makes a true hero. Lara would have won in the end, by killing Matthias and preventing Himiko from returning but she also would have lost something. Sometimes in reality, there just can´t be a happy ending where you get the girl in the end.

Great podcast. I like hearing that they are thinking about improvement and evolution in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    And it would tie-in brilliantly with what Roth tried to teach Lara, that sacrifices are a choice you make, and not one made for you, if she had to sacrifice her best friend's life.
    This is what I thought was missing from the story. I thought Roth's line was foreshadowing Lara having to choose to make a sacrifice. But it never really paid off. And I think we can see why now, she was supposed to let Sam die originally.

Oh, and by the way, is it me.. or did either Kyle or Brian pronounce Lara as Laura?? This is, of course, totally unacceptable...
    Oh good, I'm not the only one that noticed that

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Endurance View Post
    Oh good, I'm not the only one that noticed that
    I really hope it isn't true D:
    Because I heard it as well.

Please, I... just... I just want to forget :|

ehnrfgkh

These friendly characters.

Yes CD. omg they sound perfect. The Hunter, I would totes have collected stuff for him. I hope they introduce these friendly characters in the sequel.

I wonder how deeply they will explore survival in the future.

ahhrgth survivaaaaal

This is the best podcast ever.

Oohhh. lawd. I wonder I just.

omg

I feel like the location is not the location we think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post

I feel like the location is not the location we think it is.
    Well, he said that we don´t know the location but that we are basically on the right course. I doubt that we´ll ever guess the location but it´ll probably be the place where the Croatoan colony went to.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCruiser View Post
    Well, he said that we don´t know the location but that we are basically on the right course. I doubt that we´ll ever guess the location but it´ll probably be the place where the Croatoan colony went to.
    That's what I think it's not.

I feel like...we're going to end up on the other side of the world or something.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    That's what I think it's not.

I feel like...we're going to end up on the other side of the world or something.
    Well, he said

"They don’t necessarily know the location of the next adventure, but I think they’ve found the threads that will lead to it."

I´d be surprised if that big ass CROATOAN on the page doesn´t mean anything.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MEAGAN FOR ASKING MY QUESTION
    I sooooo happy hearing her say 'Pomeranian puppy'
    I just wish she didn't think I was a boy
    I loved this podcast its like now they're free to reveal little secrets and things about the making of tr

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast