Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why remove swimming?

Why remove swimming?

I probably won't be the only person to be thinking this but removing the swimming is just weird, Lara has always swam, it's usually a puzzle aspect also.
    So, CD, why can't Lara swim?
    Community, why do you think so?
    signature image

Maybe it was a technical issue and they just didn't find the right way to implement it into the game...
    signature image

Are they? We are talking about the new TR right?

But if your right then, Nathan Drake gains the ability to swim underwater and Lara losses it... they do work within the same circle but in different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Are they? We are talking about the new TR right?
    Yeah, Karl said so in an interview :s
    signature image

Ah.. I was going to say how do you figure that out from the E3 demo they did. But that clears it up! Ta for that.

Does this mean that water is gonna be a deadly trap? Like Altaïr in Assassins Creed was instantly dead when he touched water? Because that is not cool!

This is certainly unexpected
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Does this mean that water is gonna be a deadly trap? Like Altaïr in Assassins Creed was instantly dead when he touched water? Because that is not cool!
    That's not going to happen 'cause we already saw in the gameplay demo Lara wading through water up to her neck!
    signature image

Fair point dark7angel, fair point.

Well, as long as there's no water around that we should be able to swim in, I guess...

If Lara has no need to swim, that's fine. But every British child is taught how to swim at school, so if Lara CAN'T swim, that'd be a whole other thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Fair point dark7angel, fair point.
    Thank you very much, sir!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Well, as long as there's no water around that we should be able to swim in, I guess...

If Lara has no need to swim, that's fine. But every British child is taught how to swim at school, so if Lara CAN'T swim, that'd be a whole other thing...
    This is true, I remember the good old primary school days where I had to go weekly with my class to be taught how to swim... pass tests in it and all that.

That was 'commoner' school as well, so I'm sure 'Private school' would as well.

hmm, epic fail?
    Seems silly too remove an aspect from a game when it seems too me that it enhances gameplay to do swimming, under water puzzle solving, not being funny but they cant use she is 21 as an excuse because there are plenty of people younger who can swim well, the fans want answers
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Exactly, even Northern folk can swim, I started swimming when I was about seven... after jumping into water and realising ,as I fell in slow motion, that I wasn't that great a swimmer.

I soon got better.

Surely you don't go on a boat without the knowledge, "if this bad boy sinks at least I'm safe till I get tired." - or is that just me?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...-raider/715243

Thought you may want to see the interview He says it during question time at the end part of the interview, he says it quite quickly though...
    signature image

Ta for the link, me is going to watch!

No prob That site is quite good for their E3 coverage
    signature image

Lara won't be able to swim?!?!? Well that pretty much sucks...

I'm thinking they might remove the need for us to actually DIVE underwater and swim to/for something.
    I can't imagine them completely removing any reactions with water.
    That'd be silly: she's on an island.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post

Did they say the character can't swim, or just the game's ability only?

so story-wise she may be able to swim, but we won't be doing it during any venture.

How she got to the shore to begin with, holding on to something?

This is about her first venture right? her origin as a Tomb Raider.

oh btw is this about the Bermuda Triangle? I saw an old ship in the trailer, may not be seeing it clearly but no time to recheck.

W-W-WHAT?!
    signature image

Auric,

Devil's Triangle, IIRC. The one near Japan.

Ants,

This is true, I remember the good old primary school days where I had to go weekly with my class to be taught how to swim... pass tests in it and all that.
    Ah, the good old swimming certificate, yeah!

Bacteria infested waters and she'll constantly have open wounds? Infections are no fun.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

The idea that Lara can't swim will be some lame excuse for why Lara can't get around the island easily such as add a river to block her route. It is a bit lowsy if it is true that Lara can't swim.
    signature image

I was pretty disapointed when I read that too. All that unswimmable water is just going to call out to me all game...

“come swim in me.. oh wait you cant!!
    "In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces."- Zapp Brannigan

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast