Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why remove swimming?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    Argh! I am going to say once again that this next installment from what i've seen SO FAR (NO JUDGEMENTS) may be my favourite TR, just from looking at gameplay mechanics and story, that the only thing I could fault FROM what i've seen so far is the lack of swimming NOTHING else. I am not judging the game in itself, I am SIMPLY faulting the lack of swimming in itself . I am not angry, I am just trying to put my point across more simply for the unfortunate people who can only take a single sentence at face value.
    I wasn't pointing a finger at any one in particular...just a trend that I have been noticing.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

come on, guys... it was just a misanderstanding... let's quit arguing about this and concentrate on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda1908 View Post
    come on, guys... it was just a misanderstanding... let's quit arguing about this and concentrate on the topic.
    I wasn't planning on adding anything else, I made my point I don't need to go on.

Neither was I. Nor do I think there was an "argument" going on. I understood LadyRufina's explanation, it's all good and no one is or has been angry

So, who will reboot this conversation?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

How about getting back on topic about a tutorial. Would you rather see one at a beach or a mansion? I kind of like the forced tutorial from the game play we saw. We are forced to learn our moves because if we don't get out soon we'll die. Kind of like Underworld where we had to escape the burning mansion.

This is a topic on swimming. There's already a topic on tutorials isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Cheeky_Charlie, lets leave that kind of slam posting on other forums, shall we

You shouldn't jump to any conclusions and make unfound statements of the devs being "lazy" or the game going to be "crap", but instead wait until you actually play the game.

Like has been said before, no one knows yet if CD intentionally left swimming out of this game or if it's a case of Lara simply not encountering deep water in this game to swim in.
    Okay, let´s wait for the complete game and see how it plays. I´m just really scared about it not feeling like a real tomb raider, like all the previous titles did. Maybe it has some effect that I just played through TR trilogy and the original game, and watched all the new footage of the new game.

I´m terrible sorry if I upset someone.
    signature image
    Raiding tombs with Lara since 1996!

np, it's understandable to get heated up sometimes because we all love Tomb Raider so much

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

np, it's understandable to get heated up sometimes because we all love Tomb Raider so much
    You got that right
    signature image

As long as it won't be like Assasin's Creed (Weeee, jumping from boat to boat! Whoops, I slipp.... *Dies) I honestly couldn't care less about wether we'll be able to swim yes or no.

(Why didn't I comment earlier in this thread? )

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky_Charlie View Post
    Okay, let´s wait for the complete game and see how it plays. I´m just really scared about it not feeling like a real tomb raider, like all the previous titles did. Maybe it has some effect that I just played through TR trilogy and the original game, and watched all the new footage of the new game.

I´m terrible sorry if I upset someone.

See, from my perspective....pretty much forget about the other TR games like they never existed. This is how this game will start. I know what you mean though about thinking of other TR games. I'm just saying that this game is supposed to be like the other games don't exist. We get a new perspective and we see Lara from a different light. No swimming will be something different from any other TR game. Who knows, we might not think about it so much when we play the game.

Most of Lara's games has had swimming?

Why are they taking it away?

Well i suppose she's on an island but they could add some parts where there is deap water and levers underwater.

Thats just.......Weird??

yes

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    This is a topic on swimming. There's already a topic on tutorials isn't there?

Oops wrong topic. Sorry forgot which one I was reading for a second.

yes
    Ahhhhh

You do know that if you watch some gamplays there are really tite spaces where you see Lara trapped with water and she is swimming. And as she is trying to escape to daylight places she is running in water.
    So id say that there is going to be some swimming affects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    See, from my perspective....pretty much forget about the other TR games like they never existed. This is how this game will start. I know what you mean though about thinking of other TR games. I'm just saying that this game is supposed to be like the other games don't exist. We get a new perspective and we see Lara from a different light. No swimming will be something different from any other TR game. Who knows, we might not think about it so much when we play the game.
    That was exactly my point earlier. I don´t want to forget everything about previous TR:s, or that they never existed. But the new game looks great and seems to be something totally awesome. My only concern is that does this new TR have se same "TR feeling" I sure hope so.
    signature image

I believe that we need to keep the good points from the other TR games, Swimming is adding a great part to adventure
    signature image

Thats what I think too. But nonetheless the game looks fantastic and I love the work eidos has done for the franchise, they really got back up into the eyes to the big audience.

I just watched the stage demo again and I must say that I can´t wait to get my hands on this game, with or without the swimming.

I have started to feel that if the game as a whole is going to rock my world, then the lack of swimming is just a minor detail in the whole picture.
    signature image

Thats what I think too. But nonetheless the game looks fantastic and I love the work eidos has done for the franchise, they really got back up into the eyes to the big audience.

I just watched the stage demo again and I must say that I can´t wait to get my hands on this game, with or without the swimming.

I have started to feel that if the game as a whole is going to rock my world, then the lack of swimming is just a minor detail in the whole picture.
    Yep I agree. I am thinking that once we start playing nobody will care if there was swimming in it or not.

I think this new TR game will have us looking back on other TR games with fond memories. Maybe little things here and there will trigger it. But, I wouldn't want every piece from previous TR games to be in this new game. We already have an Anniversary game after all, even if it's just for the original TR.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    Yep I agree. I am thinking that once we start playing nobody will care if there was swimming in it or not.

I think this new TR game will have us looking back on other TR games with fond memories. Maybe little things here and there will trigger it. But, I wouldn't want every piece from previous TR games to be in this new game. We already have an Anniversary game after all, even if it's just for the original TR.
    This is what I was talking about a while ago, about both swimming and references to other TRs, but nobody cared XD Nice point you got here
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    This is what I was talking about a while ago, about both swimming and references to other TRs, but nobody cared XD Nice point you got here
    Sorry if I missed your point earlier I got just so worked up a few pages ago.
    signature image

Sorry if I missed your point earlier I got just so worked up a few pages ago.
    Why everybody is quoting his "up neighbor" ???
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Anvie View Post
    Why everybody is quoting his "up neighbor" ???
    It's for reference. If people make random posts it won't make sense.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Thanks very much.
    signature image

If this is true, then this game is going to be a hell of a lot different from what i expected.
    I sure hope it's not like the old GTA'S where if Lara touches water, she'll die, 'cause that sure would suck! :')
    signature image

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast