Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Energy/Battery Bars - All Discussion - How will you regen the other battery bars?

Energy/Battery Bars - All Discussion - How will you regen the other battery bars?

Energy/Battery Bars - All Discussion - How will you regen the other battery bars?

Lets say I saw this from the trailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...deus-ex/715401). I think there needs to some other sort of ability or aug that allows you to regenerate the other batteries, and not leave it on the first one. Or make it like this - 4 points in total in the batterly tree give you 2 battery max regen, 6 give you 3 battery regen and so on..

I would assume that additional power is restored via consumables, as is tradition.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

I am a huge fan of the original, BUT - the energy cells in the original were practically everywhere (I was constantly having at least 20 of em), whereas, I couldn't really see many in the.. demonstration

Other than that, it makes the regeneration part of the batteries kind of useless, as it will apply on the last battery anyway.

You regenerate energy by eating candy bars. It's a conspiracy - they're telling you eating candy bars is good for you!

Like I said... it's funny but energy cells in the original were quite more common than candy bars here.. and again, the regen bit of the augs does seem kind of a waste because of this (major regeneration required reagents, not augs).

On top of that, if you want the candy bars to TRUELY be like the original, they should just give you an instant boost of one battery..

Naturally I wouldn't know about the other city hubs, but in Detroit visiting your apartment or Sarif HQ will also replenish your energy.

Granola Bars.
    Play games for the story

Presumably there will be vending machines for Hot Recharging Action.
    If the DXHR forums was a real place... then the Dance party would never end

Don't let a battery cell fully deplete - it will recharge by itself.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    I would assume that additional power is restored via consumables, as is tradition.
    Vegetarian... as is tradition, I hope.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Adam should have a chibi robo aug.
    Schon trübet der Mond sich verschwindenden Scheins, die Glocke, sie donnert ein mächtiges Eins, und unten zerschellt das Gerippe. -Göthe, Totentanz

You do jumping jacks... really, really quickly.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Adam just has a handle sticking out of his chest that he cranks really fast like an emergency flashlight.

Wouldn't mind there being occasional repair bots.
    Occasional

Energy bars and Power bars as consumables, finally living up to their name.

You can also buy protein jars at the limb clinic.

Nice thing about this game though, you don't really need augmentations or energy to win. All you need is a pistol, some ammo and a few explosives to beat the game.

Glowing mushrooms.

Originally Posted by m G h m u o s
    Glowing mushrooms.
    In Thief 4, we hope.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

If Thief 4 takes leave of light and shadow stealth, and replaces it with a third person cover system then there will be glowing mushrooms alright , on this very forum in fact.

Are we sure Deus Ex HR doesn't have shadow stealth? It seemed to me when I was in shadows that some guards had a much harder time of spotting me.

One would say how calling out on tradition, with so many traditional elements being thrown out of the window is not a wise move. Like, for example, XP miraculously giving you aug upgrades, for some reason? And axing the skill system. Ouch.

However; again: traditionally, the entire energy bar is available from the start, and biocells are very easy to acquire. Furthermore, they instantly increase the energy. Here, the energy bar at the start is pathetic, energy bars are scarce, and they do not instantly recharge the batteries AFAIK. Furthermore, the energy regen aug is pretty worthless, since the bulk of its works will be done when you are down to one battery.

Energy cells need a more efficient model of regeneration if candy bars are as scarce in the final game as they are in the demo I've heard so much about.

Originally Posted by Posklapenzi
    One would say how calling out on tradition, with so many traditional elements being thrown out of the window is not a wise move. Like, for example, XP miraculously giving you aug upgrades, for some reason? And axing the skill system. Ouch.
    Though groundbreaking and revolutionary, the original Deus Ex's design is still dated and stupid, particularly the skill system. JC Denton's inability to place a bullet where I'm aiming because I didn't let him finish contemplating the meaning of life before I fired was a serious turn off for me for the longest time. They wouldn't have let him out of the academy to undertake the mission if he couldn't hit a target 15 yards away without staring at it for a half a minute. The current system in HR of not limiting the player based on the character's arbitrary inability to go about such a common practice as attacking enemies is the only logical step forward. It's more satisfying and also better for immersion that way .

Originally Posted by Posklapenzi
    I don't like this either. Not the fact that you can gain upgrades through XP, but the fact you can't change Adam, or choose not to be augmented.

But the reason this happens is because

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpie
    I don't like this either. Not the fact that you can gain upgrades through XP, but the fact you can't change Adam, or choose not to be augmented.

But the reason this happens is because
    From certain tid-bits here and there in emails and conversations, you can tell that it's been changed. It used to be that each basic augmentation needed a surgery at the limb clinic, but that they changed it for some stupid reason I cannot fathom. That was a terrible choice in my mind.

I was almost wondering if the take-downs shouldn't be on a different battery system from the other augmentations. That take downs work only on one separate battery charge, that recharges rather quickly, but can only be used for take-downs.

Originally Posted by Dr Bob
    Don't let a battery cell fully deplete - it will recharge by itself.
    I was hoping it would work that way

Page 1 of 2 12 Last