Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100

Thread: Still Praying for "LOK: HD Collection"

  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by LOK_Raziel View Post
    Source: #3 at http://www.gamesradar.com/15-hd-coll...l-want-happen/

    Better Image:

    (click image to enlarge)

    Games Radar:
    From about 1999 to 2003, the Legacy of Kain series became a widespread obsession with gamers. Known for nuanced storytelling, unconventional protagonists, amazing boss fights and rich Shakespearean baritones, the series raised the bar for writing and acting in games, and pulled players along an increasingly complicated narrative that involved vampires, altered timestreams, soul-eating and a centuries-long war between two ancient, alien races. And then it just sort of… went away.

    Now that there’ve been rumors of a possible reboot, however, interest in the series has picked up a little, and what better way to reacquaint ourselves with the series than to play through versions of its latter four chapters that don’t look muddy (and reward us for our dedication with fatter gamerscores)? Better still, we could go through the whole story in one fell swoop; any cliffhanger endings would just be an incentive to start up the next game.

    And yeah, realistically, we probably wouldn’t get the original PSOne/Dreamcast Soul Reaver (as depicted in our mockup box art above) if this actually happened – which would be a shame, because it was arguably the best game in the series, as well as a much better entry point than Soul Reaver 2. But hey, this isn’t about what we think we’ll see, it’s about what we want to see. (And while we’re on the topic, we wouldn’t say no to an HD-optimized version of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, either.)
    that would be really cool but if you have the PC versions it's already in HD.
    I would like to see a SR1 in HD since even the PC version is looking dated.

  2. #77
    There is the temptation to request a Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath style 'up-port', whereby the textures/models are completely redone across the whole series using one set of models. That'd be pretty bad***. But yeah, still hoping for a classic HD recollection.

  3. #78

    IGN: Retro remakes we need right now! What would your pick be?

    Amy Hennig is one of the best writers in the industry. Most recently known for her work on the Uncharted series, Hennig formerly worked on a few titles about Vampires and Vengeance known as the Legacy of Kain series. The story tells a tale about both Raziel and Kain over a total of five games, any of which are strong enough to stand on their own if remade in HD.

    I came into the series with The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, a 3D platformer featuring the introduction of Raziel and the setup for the interwoven journey both he and Kain will go on over the rest of the series. The final chapter to the story is one of the biggest surprises and, in my opinion, one of the greatest revelations I’ve ever experienced in any form of media. The fact that this hasn’t been remade in HD is a shame, as it only limits others from that same moment of realization and surprise I was able to enjoy.

    Destin Legarie -- Editor, IGN Games

    Source: http://go.ign.com/OeQoMc

  4. #79

    Rolleyes

    Quote Originally Posted by essex1990 View Post
    The dreamcast version of Soul Reaver is on a GD (GigabyteDisc) by the way. So its double the filesize of the playstation version (potentially)
    HD is already on PC.
    seriously, just go get PC versions if you want 1080p.
    ALL of them do 1080p, not sure bout BO1 since back then all i could run was 1280/1024 cheap monitor.
    So, how many 1080p console gamers that WANT this ?
    1000 ?
    10,000 ?
    i doubt there's 10,000 which probably still wouldn't be worth their effort.
    You couldn't charge more then 40$ for all of them which is the going price for all HD editions these days.

    10,000x40? WoW, a Whopping 400,000
    Yea, keep checking your mail box it's on it's way

    Only 2 games that NEED a HD version are BO1 & SR1 cause they look horrible, i cringe when looking @ them these days

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by OugaBooga1 View Post
    HD is already on PC.
    seriously, just go get PC versions if you want 1080p.
    ALL of them do 1080p, not sure bout BO1 since back then all i could run was 1280/1024 cheap monitor.
    So, how many 1080p console gamers that WANT this ?
    1000 ?
    10,000 ?
    i doubt there's 10,000 which probably still wouldn't be worth their effort.
    You couldn't charge more then 40$ for all of them which is the going price for all HD editions these days.

    10,000x40? WoW, a Whopping 400,000
    Yea, keep checking your mail box it's on it's way

    Only 2 games that NEED a HD version are BO1 & SR1 cause they look horrible, i cringe when looking @ them these days
    Its not about the graphics...
    signature image

  6. #81
    I made a new facebook page. Legacy of kain HD collection. Please like and share this page if you want a HD collection with Soul Reaver 2,Blood omen 2 and Defiance!

    http://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfKainHdCollection

    Help me reach many likes so eidos will see how famous legacy of kain is.

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by KAINtheScion View Post
    I made a new facebook page. Legacy of kain HD collection. Please like and share this page if you want a HD collection with Soul Reaver 2,Blood omen 2 and Defiance!

    http://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfKainHdCollection

    Help me reach many likes so eidos will see how famous legacy of kain is.
    @KAINtheScion

    COOL, I WILL LIKE THE PAGE

  8. #83
    Same topic on Square Enix Forums - http://bit.ly/MmX4r2

  9. #84

    'PlayStation Offficial Magazine UK' on Soul Reaver HD

    PlayStation Offficial Magazine - UK: 7 overlooked PlayStation games that deserve HD revamps

    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PS1)
    The Soul Reaver arm of the Leacy of Kain series is a Gothic revenge drama that follows the story Raziel, a wraithlike vampire who is out to get even with the titular Lord Kain and his clan – who betrayed him out of jealousy. Raziel’s odyssey sends him spiralling into a world of supernatural mystery and eventually becomes something much more elaborate than a simple quest for vengeance. The events of the first game culminate in a time-bending encounter that sets the scene for Soul Reaver 2. Dante’s early outings got a fresh coat of paint recently, courtesy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection, but we’d love to see less prominent action-adventure stars like Raziel step back into the spotlight.

    Source: http://bit.ly/Pd9qz8

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by OugaBooga1 View Post
    HD is already on PC.
    seriously, just go get PC versions if you want 1080p.
    ALL of them do 1080p, not sure bout BO1 since back then all i could run was 1280/1024 cheap monitor.
    So, how many 1080p console gamers that WANT this ?
    1000 ?
    10,000 ?
    i doubt there's 10,000 which probably still wouldn't be worth their effort.
    You couldn't charge more then 40$ for all of them which is the going price for all HD editions these days.

    10,000x40? WoW, a Whopping 400,000
    Yea, keep checking your mail box it's on it's way

    Only 2 games that NEED a HD version are BO1 & SR1 cause they look horrible, i cringe when looking @ them these days
    You know that a GD has NOTHING to do at all with HD right ...

    GD is a medium known as gigabyte disc the same as a CD, DVD or BD

    I have the Playstation complete series and the PC ones.

  11. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by essex1990 View Post
    You know that a GD has NOTHING to do at all with HD right ...

    GD is a medium known as gigabyte disc the same as a CD, DVD or BD

    I have the Playstation complete series and the PC ones.
    I know it's a format, just saying that the quality of the sega game prolly isn't better then the PC version but maybe it is, i dunno since i nvr played the sega game.

  12. #87

    LOK HD Collection - Petition


  13. #88
    I would definetly buy an HD Collection of Legacy Of Kain. It will probably happen down the line since there is a rumor that a possible Reboot of the Franchise may happen. I can see the collection being a playstation exclusive similar to the tomb raider collection.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28
    This is at the top of my wishlist for HD Collections. It would be magnificent if these games were to be released. I know lots of gamers that haven't played these games but would buy the collection in a heartbeat. Heck I still haven't even played Defiance yet, I've never been able to find it >.< so having this released would be very convenient. If it is released I really hope Soul Reaver 1 isn't left out, if other Dreamcast games can get hd revamps so can SR1.

  15. #90
    Rumor: The Hitman Trilogy Goes HD, Comes To Consoles In January - http://bit.ly/QVqArG

    Square Enix did Tomb Raider Trilogy, rumored to do The Hitman Trilogy, But No Legacy Of Kain HD Collection?

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    would like if theyd just re-release them for PC with proper controller support.

    take the PC versions, add Xbox 360 controller support (and any other of today's popular PC controllers), add subtitles to every game (only Defiance has them. BO1 would benefit from old-fashioned text boxes with character portraits in them), and maybe some achieviments (doesnt matter to me, but some ppls like), add the higher quality version of SR1's opening from the Defiance disc to SR1, and BAM, that would be swell. LOK collection "re-mastered".

  17. #92
    Are the Soul Reaver games still PS exclusives?

    If nothing regarding a reboot happens this E3, I'd be more than happy to get an HD re-release of the original games....Come on Square Enix! Support this fantastic series!

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tox1cboy View Post
    Are the Soul Reaver games still PS exclusives?

    If nothing regarding a reboot happens this E3, I'd be more than happy to get an HD re-release of the original games....Come on Square Enix! Support this fantastic series!
    you can get them on PC and BO2 on Gamecube.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,649
    BO2 and Defiance are available also on Xbox, and on PC. (BO1 is also for PC; copies might be expensive)

    I haven't weighted in on the statement above about "it's already in HD" on PC. That's actually false. The texture information for the games are nowhere near HD quality. They do look crisper on PC than they would on any other system hooked up to an HD monitor, but the "HD" upgrade people would be asking for would be to raise the textures and polygon count for models up to today's standards. That's the difference.

  20. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    BO2 and Defiance are available also on Xbox, and on PC. (BO1 is also for PC; copies might be expensive)

    I haven't weighted in on the statement above about "it's already in HD" on PC. That's actually false. The texture information for the games are nowhere near HD quality. They do look crisper on PC than they would on any other system hooked up to an HD monitor, but the "HD" upgrade people would be asking for would be to raise the textures and polygon count for models up to today's standards. That's the difference.
    well PSN now offers PS2 games so we might end up just getting them that way (instead of a HD collection) does anyone know if the ps2 games on there are cleaned up or literally just an ISO of the disk?

  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by essex1990 View Post
    well PSN now offers PS2 games so we might end up just getting them that way (instead of a HD collection) does anyone know if the ps2 games on there are cleaned up or literally just an ISO of the disk?
    Nothing but emulation.

  22. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Nothing but emulation.
    thats a shame

  23. #98
    What about an HD edition with all discarded content? I'm thinking about the alternate ending of SR1.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    532
    I wouldn't hold your breath. I think it would be enough of a long shot to get an HD collection at this stage let alone one with a lot more extra content. Do they even still have the cut assets just sitting around?
    signature image

  25. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by bufalo1973 View Post
    What about an HD edition with all discarded content? I'm thinking about the alternate ending of SR1.
    Welcome into Thatsimpossibletown.
    And why WOULD they do that anyway? And HD edition serves to represent the games as they were then. Why would they include the cut ending if the story continues as it does only with the released one? That's assuming they still have the source files from the cut content, which they might not have because, you know, the game is almost 15 years old. And implementing them back will take some sweet time, not mentioning the NEW assets they'll have to make - they didn't cut the content just because, they cut it because they couldn't finish it in time. And nobody's going to do that just for a HD rerelease. I doubt they'll even HD-ify SR1 and don't just throw in a PSN code for it or something.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •