Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning Point Trailer Wallpapers

Turning Point Trailer Wallpapers

Loving the new lara so I was looking for some new wallpapers and could not find any, so I decided to make some and share them with other people. I have grabbed a few snapshots from the new trailer and sharpened them a bit so that they are not as blurry therefore possible to use them on your desktop. Took me a few hours (2-3) to get them right so hope you like and hope it saves you the time from doing it yourself XD.

I will try to get some more in the next few hours!

IDK WHY THEY DONT RELEASE SOME THEMSELFS! THEY WOULD PROB'S BE TOP QUALITY THEN!

Widescreen HD (1080p, 720p) is best as it shows the whole image so you are lucky if you have this screen size XD.

Standard (1920x1200 to 1280x800) most computer screens have this screen size and some of the image is chopped off the only ones that dont are most new computers due to HD (above 1) becoming more popular.

NON-Widescreen (1027x768) alot of the image is chopped off and usually older or small netbook computers have this size.

(click image to enlarge)

WIDESCREEN HD (e.g 1080p) ===== STANDARD (e.g 1920x1200) ===== NON-WIDESCREEN (e.g 4:3 1027x768)

(click image to enlarge)

WIDESCREEN HD (e.g 1080p) ===== STANDARD (e.g 1920x1200) ===== NON-WIDESCREEN (e.g 4:3 1027x768)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

A TREAT FOR PEOPLE WITH 4:3 SCREENS YER A FULL LARA LISTENING TO MUSIC, I BET YOU CANT FIND THAT IMAGE ANYPLACE APART FROM HERE :P

(click image to enlarge)

NON-WIDESCREEN (e.g 4:3 1027x768)

Awesome wallpapers! I wonder what music Lara would listen to? Probably Jessie J or maybe Rihanna.

Hey, btw did you notice during the scene where Lara closes the locker door there's a photo of her and her friend during a graduation ceremony. I couldn't get a good look at the photo because the shot only lasts for a second but could it be Amanda?

Great job!

Thanks for those

Nice screens

I've added [ THUMB ] tags in your first post to prevent the forum from stretching out on lower resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ltshaunbrownuk View Post
    IDK WHY THEY DONT RELEASE SOME THEMSELFS!!!
    Because there are crafty people like yourself doing an excellent job

Widesreen is the best as you can see the whole image but dont use if you have a standard screen this will cause streching choose standard instead XD.
    Did you make those non-widescreen versions to fit on standard monitors? Because they won't fit and would still leave black bars end up stretched. They'd need an aspect ratio of 4:3 (for example 1027x768).

Comment if there is a part of the trailer you would like as a wallpaper ill try and get it for you XD!
    I'd like one of the scene where Lara's hand slips Conrad's and falls into the sea, where you can really see the intense fear on her face

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Awesome work mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I'd like one of the scene where Lara's hand slips Conrad's and falls into the sea, where you can really see the intense fear on her face
    I'd like a widescreen version of this one as well.
    Thanks in advance.

like this one

I do have many others like this

great!!! i like very much the second one...but they are awsome great job
    Antzy loves tomb raider <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Man, those snapshots are just BEGING for a caption contest. Awesome work. Cheers!
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Done

Nice screens

Did you make those non-widescreen versions to fit on standard monitors? Because they won't fit and would still leave black bars end up stretched. They'd need an aspect ratio of 4:3 (for example 1027x768).
    Just made them :P
    signature image

Nice job !

I just made myself 30 pieces xD although I have to do it with my 1680x1050

edit: click on the thumbnails for the zipfile with all the 1680x1050 screens

(I didn't know mediafire was that easy xD haha )

nice work
    "If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    I just made myself 30 pieces xD although I have to do it with my 1680x1050

< tease >

Nice job !
    Are you going to share? Because those are just thumbnails

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Are you going to share? Because those are just thumbnails
    Only because you asked *uploading now

edit: here you go

Totally awesome wallpaper of the new tomb raider game

Quote Originally Posted by Notts Raider View Post
    like this one

< pics >
    Hmm, the images look a bit stange, as if a Photoshop pattern/grain filter was applied to them.

I don't see that in the trailer video itself

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    Only because you asked *uploading now
    Thanks! Those are really huge in filesize, though

Perhaps next time use JPG

I've placed them on my server as well, because not everyone can access mediafire.

Also added them to the media thread. I'd add the ones from Notts Raider and ltshaunbrownuk too, but they are having that weird grain on them.

Yeha but JPG is such a bad quality

No, that entirely depends on how high you set the compression/quality ratio. Any number above 80% will be virtually identical as the original.

Here's a crop of your first image in the same quality (png) as yours:

Here's the same part, but turned into JPG with a quality of 80%:

Do you see any difference?

The only difference is 1.72 mb for the PNG vs. 220 kb for the JPG

Arrow

I've made 86 screencaps but I can't post them all in one post. So here are the first 40 :

Adventure found me...

No, that entirely depends on how high you set the compression/quality ratio. Any number above 80% will be virtually identical as the original.

Do you see any difference?

The only difference is 1.72 mb for the PNG vs. 220 kb for the JPG
    I guess you got a point Let say I'm lazy I'm used to the old MS Paint jpg quality, which gave me such bad view on the total jpg thing.
    I'll make up next time

... second part...

Adventure found me...

Very awesome pic's Clara!

Thank you Madenice

This is the last part :

And the download link
    Adventure found me...

Very nice pics Clara, and very good quality.Thankyou.

Hey,did you notice theres a person in the "screen109", it might be the same person who pulls Lara out of the water when she drowns, or he drowns befor her?.What do you think?

Hmm, the images look a bit stange, as if a Photoshop pattern/grain filter was applied to them.

Also added them to the media thread. I'd add the ones from Notts Raider and ltshaunbrownuk too, but they are having that weird grain on them.
    Reason for the tiny bit of grain, (mine do not have alot compaired 2 Notts idk whats with the squares on Notts's ones :s) is the fact because people are taking screenshots from a video, due to it moving all images have motion blur, pixalated parts and the colours are slightly mixed together (not that sharp and edges of things dont pop out as much) which if you want to use these images as a wallpaper it would not look so good. Another reason i said at first THAT SHOULD MAKE THEM, THEM SELFS (im sure since they will use a cgi program they can get perfect still's from it) Hope you get that!

Example:

(you have to look at these full size to see what is ment)

Normal

(click image to enlarge)

My Edited

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Clara View Post
    ... second part...

These two remind of Underworlds wallpaper so much!
    Thank you for wallpapers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast