Thread: New "Hour of Revenge" Trailer

New "Hour of Revenge" Trailer

This new trailer is just brilliant. Everything from the music to the way it just feels like Deus Ex is excellent. Well done EM. Hats off to you all.

Really great trailer, but it's very spoilery.
    For example,

and that

and that
    (very glad about that)
    and now I know

Many little moments spoiled. But trailer is still good, if you don't mind real graphics.
    He never asked for lemon-lime...

Even with 1 gig of video RAM, you can either have a few hi-res textures, or a lot of different lower-res textures; it's always a compromise. I'm for the latter; I'd rather see a lot of variety in the textures then the same pretty ones over and over.

One question, though: Even the 1st person "gameplay" scenes seemed to have motion-blur, which makes them look more cinematic. Is any of the video actual gameplay, or will motion-blur be an option for the PC version, or did the video authors do a little post-processing?

I prefer Adam's old hairstyle too by the way

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    This new trailer is just brilliant. Everything from the music to the way it just feels like Deus Ex is excellent. Well done EM. Hats off to you all.
    More than just hats... :P
    I've watched it at least 15 times...how many trouser changes is that?

***** just got intense
    rawr

Jeez, the bloody face scene made me feel so sorry for Adam ;_;

I don't give a duck about graphics, only a compelling story and deus exy gameplay will make me happy.

By the way, I love these movie-like trailers! <FRUSTRATION> Why nobody makes a good movie about Deus Ex! </FRUSTRATION>
    Make it stop.

Originally Posted by mentalkase
    Although I feel this trailer is a bit misleading, in that it makes the game look like some linear revenge story, otherwise it's just so very ... Denton, and it makes me want to get all up in that Chicago hub badly.
    Well trailers usually are. Especially since trailers often focus on picking random bits of story and gameplay and splicing them together to look Denton. It does it's Dentonery extremely well, though.

Originally Posted by wheresmyskulgun
    The main issues seemed to be grossly disproportionate models (tiny heads and hands, huge shoulders, grotesquely long arms) and really stiff, wooden, animations (for example, there's one screen of someone slumped onto a chair, and his elbow evidently can't bend so the whole arm sticks straight ahead).

Does anyone know if animation/character models will be improved this late in the process?
    Check the ask JJB thread.
    They were focusing on a stylized... eh, style and realized too late that the proportions went a bit too far.
    It's too late to completely fix it, but maybe there's somethings they can do to lessen it.

The main issue with the graphics for me is that some of the textures are lower res than they could be. Combine that with the strong bloom and sometimes the game looks a bit on the blurry side.
    Graphic fidelity, though nice, to me is always second to aesthetics (as it should be with every developer!). But then I've never been much of a graphics whore.

But perhaps they'll do a high-res texture patch when the game comes out. I'll think my PC will probably hate them for the Hubs.

Originally Posted by Brock
    OK, don 't compare it to LA Noire, compare it to for example Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (that game had incredibly good facial animation) or even compare to any other game. DXHR facial animation mostly looks fugly (with some exceptions where they just take pre-rendered cutscene to show conversation). I really hope social aspect isn't based to read facial expressions because it will be really confusing to understand as it was really confusing to understand what those characters feel by looking at this latest trailer. OK, maybe in game when you don 't look fast changing cuts out of the game it will look a little bit better but I doubt it. The thing is that facial animation look stiff. There isn 't much detail.
    Must have missed that in the trailer. Could it be just the trailer or do you have another source on the facial animations.

@Bondytheecliff

there hasn't even been a deus ex game released yet lol
    PokemonHereos 51 seconds ago
    I don't want to live on this planet any more.
    Originally Posted by MrFoxter
    Reading news about DX:HR is like watching a soap opera. My daily amount of emotions has been exceeded.

Originally Posted by Poison_Berrie
    Must have missed that in the trailer. Could it be just the trailer or do you have another source on the facial animations.
    Just take a look for example at that trailer where is seen Maliks face at start. She looks really stiff (like with no emotions) when she speaks and eyes look like she is blind (pointing nowhere). Yes, maybe it's just looks like that in trailers and in actually gameplay most likely it looks better but still you make trailers to attract people to game. Do a little cheating here and there so that everything looks perfect. Everyone does that and we can see even that EM do some postprocessing to images but why do they miss such big things like making emotions look a little bit more real?

Everything else in that trailer looks great. Great combat scenes, great music, good editing scenes together but those faces.. it just really bothers me and brings back to reality when i watch that trailer. It is a little bit off in quality.

I guess I have to take an unpopular stance in this thread and say that I tend to tune out of trailers that are mostly gunfire, explosions, and taunts. It looked great—I love the general aesthetic of Human Revolution—but I can't say that it excited me the way that more steady trailers have.
    signature image

The characters are never going to be photo-realistic, it's just not the style JJB went with. They're meant to be stylised remember.

The main issue with the graphics for me is that some of the textures are lower res than they could be. Combine that with the strong bloom and sometimes the game looks a bit on the blurry side.
    the cuscenes are very photo realistic

Originally Posted by Ashbery76
    Crysis graphics whores are not going to be satisfied.

The game looks good enough backed up by good art design which gives it one advantage over DX1 back in the day which had average graphics and art design.
    crysis is four years old

let me turn on high light

four years old
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1554/deusexhumanrevolutionna.jpg
    the best dx hr screenshot there is no one has seen it!

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    Hey, just out of curiosity, any reason the screenshots I posted were deleted? I got them from a gaming website, I didn't download any "leaked build." Did Deus Ex code leak? /this early in alpha, would the game even be playable?
    this game is way to complicated, too much options and no ammo also wtf health takes forever -dollayx8

I would imagine there is going to be some confusion both ways, fans and devs. So far it is clear to me what is "leaked" and what was released, but I'm not so sure how long that will last.

Originally Posted by wheresmyskulgun
    Based on the clip of her firing a couple Tempests into a crowd of protesters, I'm still capping her ass (and what an ass it is) the first chance I get.
    Ever taken Paul around the Statue of Liberty? For a NSF member, he sure did put a few on their backs.

GOOD TRAILER!

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling your experience of this game will depend heavily on your graphics card. I'm hearing so many conflicting reports about things.
    signature image

Originally Posted by theillusiveman0
    I think it can be said that even if this game fails in the end ( which it won't), its gona go down in history as some of the best marketing and trailers for a game ever. Are they gona have another trailer or something at E3?
    I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself and laughed myself silly at the marketing comment. Definitely made my day.

V

Trailers are simply brilliant. Everyone of them.

But marketing... We will see how the game will sell. Let's hope Deus Ex Human Revolution will become bestseller because I want another sequel to the franchise.
    Carpe diem!

I want it now!

Quote:
    @Bondytheecliff

there hasn't even been a deus ex game released yet lol
    PokemonHereos 51 seconds ago
    I don't want to live on this planet any more.
    I didn't half lol when i saw that in the comments.
    Play games for the story

I know this is purely speculation, but, I don't want to ruin anybody's game in case I'm at least partly correct. Do you think that Megan was

(click image to enlarge)

We already know the answer to the first question is yes or something similar.

As for question 2. Well... so this is who we think it is?

I don't know.

And then wonder what on earth DX4 will contain.
    signature image

You call that speculation?!

Should've gone to specsavers. xD
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by [FGS]Shadowrunner
    And then wonder what on earth DX4 will contain.
    More conspiracies.
    Crap Augmentation: The 6th finger, nice mobile appendage that help in weapon handling and reloading.

Don't you think Deus Ex 4 should be where JC, Alex and Adam get sucked into a time rift and have to team up to take down an even bigger threat? That would be super duper special awesome.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by JCpie
    Don't you think Deus Ex 4 should be where JC, Alex and Adam get sucked into a time rift and have to team up to take down an even bigger threat? That would be super duper special awesome.
    Make it stop.

Before the trailer: "This game will be good but I shouldn't compare it to the original one to not be decieved..."

After: "Totally will be as good or better than the original"

I want it now!
    Sorry to interrupt, my signature is augmented

Page 4 of 6 First First 123456 Last