Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A first bitter taste of that terrible illusion...

A first bitter taste of that terrible illusion...

So I was thinking whether this really deserves a thread of it's own, because it may simply be a false alarm (and haven't even heard about this site before). But here it goes:
    link
    I'm sceptical about the news, but you never know .

Anyway - all potential information about the sequel is posted in different threads on these forums. My suggestion is - whenever you find some hint about a new LoK - post it here, just to keep all this information in one place. Let's have at least one thread for optimism.

I know that this thread may turn out quite depressing if there is absolutely no news in the coming months/years. But I still believe that a new LoK is just a matter of time. It may take a few more years, it may be written by someone else than Crystal Dynamics, but it will come out eventually.

Please share opinions about this idea (and news about the game ).

This actually sounds promising I always thought the whole character pack thing was a survey

Well, we shall see. I didn't like the news that Square Enix had to stop production a few up and coming titles this past week. But, let's keep the good vibe here.

As for the names. I like Revenant, and to a lesser degree, Obsidian Blood and Dead Sun. I also absolutely think a title should be coupled with the Legacy of Kain name in the beginning. You know, for the record. In case anyone is reading who wants to know what the fans think

Lightbulb My obligatory 0.02¢...

Revenant, I like. The others? Not so much.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

I also like Revenant best. It would be pretty fitting too.

yeah, Revenant FTW; have to say I don't think any of those are as good as 'Dark Prophecy' though. Now we just have to hope this leads somewhere.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Oh but hope can go a long way Bazielim. With E3 just around the corner, anything is possible. But to the point, the first three names would sound really bizarre on any LOK game. I mean Obsidian? Why not just Dark? Dark Blood and Dark Sun would sound a lot cooler in my opinion. Not sure where Dead Sun came from, but whatever. Revenant just sounds right, if a bit appropriate when you think about it.
    I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!

Nice, I also think we can expect a new sequel somewhere in the near future, considering how many times LoK was featured in recent TR games...

I also think Revenant would work best, but that is because it has three syllables, just like all the other titles.

Blood O-men
    Soul Rea-ver
    De-fi-ance
    Re-ve-nant

All are superior to Dark Prophecy, but I think Obsidian Sun is the best. Revenant is pretty simplistic (plus we already had Revenants in Defiance).

Here is also an interesting comment I got on my youtube channel a couple of months ago. I was a bit skeptical about the source, but I thought I might as well include it in this thread:

i am here to announce that cd and square cinx are disscusin a new lok game dnt get ur hopes up tho man ok
    It's from this channel btw

I was never really happy with dark prophecy thought it sounded a bit cheesy but I like Revenant as a title

I honestly like both Obsidian Sun AND Revenant.

But I am more interesting in knowing the purpose behind those names.
    Revenant? Does Raziel return?
    Obisidian (black) Sun? The world will be plunged into a dark eclipse when Kain tries to restore Nosgoth?

Just wild guesses.
    Yes, I'm the same Viperic Vampire from YouTube, deviantART, Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons and my own website!

Yeah, if it's genuine then they have chosen some interesting names. 'Revenant' certainly sounds like it could be a Raz reference- particularly given the Raziel related noises that had come from developers not so long back (still not sure that's a good thing);and what to make of the others? - IMO a couple sound sort of 'spectral realmy' and all are very intriguing for possible plot implications... Assuming of course this isn't just someone having us on (from the report, it is just one "Reader's" word)...I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

I'm trying to be optimistic on this myself My main hope is that they don't balls up the story

yes, if Revenant refers to Raziel, then I'm getting pretty scared for the fact that they then very likely ruin the story...

I'm sharing the scepticism about the source, but here's my take on it anyway.

'Revenant' is the only one which doesn't immediately make me cringe. At least the word already is established within the games' mythos, and if you consider that Defiance's revenants were Hylden souls possessing corpses, it might imply the story is being told from a Hylden perspective. I would find that very interesting.

Using 'Obsidian' sounds like someone's trying too hard to avoid the 'dark' cliché, where I think 'dark' would do. Unless the title is literally referring to volcanic glass it seems unnecessarily fanciful.

'Dead Sun' just might work if the game actually involved that (or threatened it) in the literal sense. However, any astronomical terms: sun, moon, eclipse etc. make me think of the Twilight series, and that isn't a positive association in my mind. I want Legacy of Kain to remain a grown up story that fans of vampire-related fiction can hold up as an antidote to all that soppy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardeth Silvereni View Post

'Revenant' is the only one which doesn't immediately make me cringe. At least the word already is established within the games' mythos, and if you consider that Defiance's revenants were Hylden souls possessing corpses, it might imply the story is being told from a Hylden perspective. I would find that very interesting.
    Yeah, I only think of either the Hylden, or reanimated corpses when I think of Revenant. Raziel used corpses, but he changed them into his being and was never considered a Revenant. He's his own thing.

The problem with Revanant is that anybody could name a game that. It isn't gripping or standout-ish or unique to LOK, and I was kind of hoping the saga was done with those hylden zombies anyways. Isn't it time for some actual hylden?

Obsidian Blood just clangs on my ears, like two words that don't go well together. That's sad to say, since this is the only title that would at least hearken back to BLood Omen and seems to foretell something specific about where the story may be going.

Dead Sun sounds like the title of a space shooter. And even then it'd be overkill. And it'd probably be a lie, too, since ultimately even vampires need the sun or else they'd starve. So the sun would have to come back after a brief hiatus or something.

Obsidian Sun works best for me, in part because it might imply they're using one of my ideas, but also because it's simply stronger than saying Dark Sun or Eclipse.

That said, not particularly in love with any of these. How about Universal Donor? No?

The plot thickens....
    This has cropped up on Nosgothic Realm and 'Corlagon' has posted a pic of a 'PS3Zine' feature which puts the probability of an E3 return for LoK at 4/5 and claims:
    "a secret source suggesting Kain's return could be a modern-day remake of the original PSOne game".

A BO1 remake? - really don't wanna go overboard because again nothing concrete... but two in a few days? I might switch my choice to 'Obsidian Blood' now.
    signature image

Legacy of Kain - Returning??

Hello fellow LoK fanatics,

I've just found this article in a website from Portugal (where I'm from):

http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/201...in-de-regresso

I still haven't searched everything it claims, but the news is so exciting that I just had to share it with you! I also haven't been here in a while, so I don't know if this has already been posted.

So the article basically says that an online survey has been made to see the interest in a new chapter in LoK and a name for it. See for yourselves, translate for yourselves! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrykull View Post
    Hello fellow LoK fanatics,

I've just found this article in a website from Portugal (where I'm from):

http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/201...in-de-regresso

I still haven't searched everything it claims, but the news is so exciting that I just had to share it with you! I also haven't been here in a while, so I don't know if this has already been posted.

So the article basically says that an online survey has been made to see the interest in a new chapter in LoK and a name for it. See for yourselves, translate for yourselves! =)
    Yes man, we've heard it Have a look here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=117818

EDIT: Topic has moved x)

Quote Originally Posted by Bazielim View Post
    The plot thickens....
    This has cropped up on Nosgothic Realm and 'Corlagon' has posted a pic of a 'PS3Zine' feature which puts the probability of an E3 return for LoK at 4/5 and claims:
    "a secret source suggesting Kain's return could be a modern-day remake of the original PSOne game".
    A remake of BO1!? Oh my God my prayers have been answered. I've always, always, dreamed about a remake of that game. With all the hidden areas, multitude of spells and weapons, there's so much potential. Whether they might actually take advantage of that potential remains to be seen. Now I know it's not concrete information and all that, but still the notion of a BO1 remake... it's just... awesome. *sigh* Reminds me of SR1.
    I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post

EDIT: Topic has moved x)
    Funny. I wonder how that happened?
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

I get the feeling that they may be testing the waters to see how much of the inactive fanbase will reawaken for a new game. Either way, I'd love for a next-gen installment continuing after Defiance [minus its horrible engine] and I'd also love a B01 remake - with Simon Templeman an absolute must.
    [I'm also wary of a new LoK minus Amy Hennig, who masterminded my favourite instalments, SR1 and 2.]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast