Thread: Gotham City Imposters announced

Gotham City Imposters announced

  1. #1

    Gotham City Imposters announced

    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,830
    wat..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,994
    Sounds like utter tripe from the little released so far. Firstly; why an FPS of all things? It's just the most popular genre so it's a clear cash in from the get go. Also; Jokerz? Batz? How tacky can it get...

    Still, I'm glad they kept this crap out of the Arkham games...
    It would have been better as a Spies vs Mercs type thing - with one team consisting of members of the batfamily or something similar and then the opponents being some sort of enemy gang, maybe themed to be like one of the villains in the Batman universe. The villains could then be played as an FPS, using brute force and firepower while the heroes are third person using tactics, gadgets and stealth - it worked brilliantly for Splinter Cell so I don't see why not here...

  4. #4
    My guess is that it was an arcade FPS that wasn't looking so good so they tied it to the Batman license.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,830
    FPS? Who said anything about FPS?
    It's a third person shooter, guys...

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by JackWinz
    FPS? Who said anything about FPS?
    It's a third person shooter, guys...
    Same difference.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Concept is intriquing to say the least, but things like this would ultimately need the story to have both Joker and Batman againts these factions and the players are just playing "extremes" of their favourite characters, but you could iron a story here, but not withouth making the actual players villains which i doubt they'll do.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,994
    Originally Posted by JackWinz
    FPS? Who said anything about FPS?
    It's a third person shooter, guys...
    Kotaku's got a hands on with the game and says it's a FPS.
    It sounds interesting and the fact Monolith is making it perks my interest a bit, but I still think it's a bit of a naff way to cash in on the Batman name.

    http://uk.kotaku.com/5802313/batman-...city-impostors

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,830
    Originally Posted by SammiiDoogles
    Kotaku's got a hands on with the game and says it's a FPS.


    Oh.

    Originally Posted by SammiiDoogles
    It sounds interesting and the fact Monolith is making it perks my interest a bit, but I still think it's a bit of a naff way to cash in on the Batman name.

    http://uk.kotaku.com/5802313/batman-...city-impostors
    You're prolly right.. I'll still most likely end up buying it. :I

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,994
    http://uk.kotaku.com/5802443/before-...tman-impostors

    Interest has perked up a bit now. Kind of similar to what Drazar predicted... Anyone read this story?

  11. #11
    Quantum of Solace was a very flawed game, but one of the concepts it introduced would've worked in a game like this, and allowed people to play as Batman or Joker. Here's how I'd like to see it go down: In a game mode, one person spawns as The Joker, while the rest spawn as Bats hunting him down or vice-versa(substitute Joker with Batman, and Batz with Jokerz), whoever is the last man standing 2/3 rounds gets to spawn as the hero/villain next match. This victory also automatically defaults to whoever can kill the Batman/Joker 2/3 times.

    Granted, Batman or Joker have tons more perks than the average gang member, but the gang members have one thing that these two don't:wits. Naturally, this isn't the case in the comics, but in a video game, I've always been of the opinion that he who holds the most power, is the most careless. The added power of being Batman or Joker would also make it considerably more difficult to be a thug, further authenticating the game in relation to the comics.
    signature image

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Originally Posted by batfan08
    Quantum of Solace was a very flawed game, but one of the concepts it introduced would've worked in a game like this, and allowed people to play as Batman or Joker. Here's how I'd like to see it go down: In a game mode, one person spawns as The Joker, while the rest spawn as Bats hunting him down or vice-versa(substitute Joker with Batman, and Batz with Jokerz), whoever is the last man standing 2/3 rounds gets to spawn as the hero/villain next match. This victory also automatically defaults to whoever can kill the Batman/Joker 2/3 times.

    Granted, Batman or Joker have tons more perks than the average gang member, but the gang members have one thing that these two don't:wits. Naturally, this isn't the case in the comics, but in a video game, I've always been of the opinion that he who holds the most power, is the most careless. The added power of being Batman or Joker would also make it considerably more difficult to be a thug, further authenticating the game in relation to the comics.
    I don't these modes would be popular, the teams are way too reliant on their Batman/Joker player either being a good player or just hiding somewhere where noone can see him. Anyhow it appears this game is a downloable game and here's a screenshot:


    So it's Team Fortress meets Batman and WB hoping the Batman fans give the same amount of loyalty that Valve fans do? <_>

  13. #13
    Drazar,you, myself and other forumers on PSN should make a team when this hits.
    signature image

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,830
    Originally Posted by batfan08
    Drazar,you, myself and other forumers on PSN should make a team when this hits.
    Hell yes.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by batfan08
    Drazar,you, myself and other forumers on PSN should make a team when this hits.
    Agreed
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

  16. #16
    Personally i'll get it if it is good
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089