Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman

Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman

Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman

Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman Please don't dumb down Hitman

PLEASE

Please do not create a cover-based shooter with some "hitman" set pieces.

Please do not include regenerating health.

Please do not make an easy mode violent cutscene generator to satisfy today's childish and easily frustrated playerbase.

Please do not use awful console players to play test and balance the game.

Please do not assume a "Stealth Master" difficulty will make up for inherit gameplay devolutions such as regenerating health, cover system, press-A-to-win gameplay.

PLEASE DO THE HITMAN SERIES JUSTICE

MAKE A STAND!

Thats some true desperation right there, i doubt IO would risk screwing this franchise up but im still a bit worried since apparently BM didnt sell very well?

Just look at Ubisoft, they ruined Splinter Cell and now all they make is Assassins Creed.. bah!

Lightbulb

If we're going to continue behaving like this i'm going to suggest that IO shouldn't take any more glances into this forum ...

I mean fans will always be fans , always with a wishlist and a strong opinion , but never once have i seen a game sequel that obtains a unanimous praise from its community ...

Of course the developers must be aware at some point of what the fans want , but they'll still make the game they want to make , i mean it's not we're the ones funding for this game , are we ? ...

In the end , we should just be pleased enough with our old favorite games ...
    That's one thing they can't take away ...

Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Press X to kill all baddies on screen.

LEVEL UP!
    Dwight Schrute: Every weekend I volunteer at the local animal shelter and they need a lot of help down there. Last Sunday I had to put down a hundred and fifty pets by myself.

Originally Posted by ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
    Press X to kill all baddies on screen.

LEVEL UP!
    Master Sergeant Shooter Person!
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    If we're going to continue behaving like this i'm going to suggest that IO shouldn't take any more glances into this forum ...

I mean fans will always be fans , always with a wishlist and a strong opinion , but never once have i seen a game sequel that obtains a unanimous praise from its community ...

Of course the developers must be aware at some point of what the fans want , but they'll still make the game they want to make , i mean it's not we're the ones funding for this game , are we ? ...

In the end , we should just be pleased enough with our old favorite games ...
    That's one thing they can't take away ...

And yet IO has had a stellar track record with staying true to the original while constantly improving on design and mechanics.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Master Sergeant Shooter Person!
    Sergeant Of The Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants. To The Max!
    Dwight Schrute: Every weekend I volunteer at the local animal shelter and they need a lot of help down there. Last Sunday I had to put down a hundred and fifty pets by myself.

Arrow

Originally Posted by numinous
    Please do not include regenerating health.
    Regenerating Health especially seeing the way the health is in this game. 47 can easily run through bullets and kill everyone but if they had regenerating health, lets say like that of Rainbow Six Las Vagas than it would be even more of a challenge. The health bar is find but I like regenerating health because you don't have to worry about finding health. The past hitman games were really bad in that they don't give you any extra health or first aid and it takes forever for 47 to die.

You don't need health if you're a Silent Assassin

Which is why I hope and pray they don't change the basic stealth formula to much , but add to it.

Maybe bundle a copy of MW2 with it so action fans can enjoy the game to.

action fans? I thought stealth was a fun action to perform?

oh well I'm a stealth fan and nobody likes me anymore or wants my $$$

10. Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    i mean it's not we're the ones funding for this game , are we ? ...
    The purpose of ANY business = $$$

Customers provide $$$

Make a product that customers want = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Make a product that customers DO NOT want =

Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

Don't want dumbed-down games? Don't buy dumbed-down games, and send a loud-and-clear message to the developers and publishers with a glaring absence of money. Yeah, it sucks not buying games that could've been fun but are dumbed-down, but that's exactly what it will take. And with a measly 8+ million people out of 6.8 billion buying those dumbed-down games, and many of them sneering at those who don't want dumbed-down games, the companies have zero reason to care, even if individual employees personally agree with us. It's the only way. Don't buy it, don't install a copy by any means, never play it, and learn to be good at sniffing out the dumbed-down elements you don't like and never reward a company for it. Good luck, eh?

Originally Posted by jtr7
    Don't want dumbed-down games? Don't buy dumbed-down games, and send a loud-and-clear message to the developers and publishers with a glaring absence of money. Yeah, it sucks not buying games that could've been fun but are dumbed-down, but that's exactly what it will take. And with a measly 8+ million people out of 6.8 billion buying those dumbed-down games, and many of them sneering at those who don't want dumbed-down games, the companies have zero reason to care, even if individual employees personally agree with us. It's the only way. Don't buy it, don't install a copy by any means, never play it, and learn to be good at sniffing out the dumbed-down elements you don't like and never reward a company for it. Good luck, eh?
    I'm Dog Man and I approve this message.

How the hell do you dumb down a sandbox game like this. It's either as dumb or as smart as you choose to play it.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    How the hell do you dumb down a sandbox game like this. It's either as dumb or as smart as you choose to play it.
    The game doesn't have to be sandbox.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Easy. I take it you want a detailed list of examples? Dumb doesn't always mean "easy", for starters.

Hitman has never been a sandbox game and thank god for that.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...to-the-masses/

This is the cause of the commotion, especially the 'more accessible' comments.
    I am still hopeful for a great sequel to Blood Money, but I am worried.

launch a nuke on ur feet to kill everyone around but u don't get hurt. Don't even need to activate any "God-Mode"

from X-Com: Enforcer

If they dumb it down and make it easier, I definitely won't be buying it. Blood Money was a masterpiece, a work of art, and so was Silent Assassin.

I think there is one thing that very few developers understand. If you make an easy and unrealistic way to do things, and a challenging/realistic way, the guys who choose the latter are going to feel unimmersed and the experience will be diminished. I don't want to choose to do things professionaly, I don't want to choose not to get seen, I want to be forced into it! Being unprofessional should make things harder, not easier!

So, no "streamlining", no "awesome button", no regenerating health, no takedown moves. That's about it.

This game is doomed already, and it breaks my heart because the hitman series are my alltime favourite games. I almost cried when i read that interview.

R.I.P Hitman!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...to-the-masses/

I don't belive a single word he is saying about staying true to the hardcore fans, it probably means there will be a hardcore mode that turns of the tooltips and that's it.

Arrow

Originally Posted by maikaal
    Hitman has never been a sandbox game and thank god for that.
    It depends on what you mean when you say sandbox.
    Originally Posted by Veum
    R.I.P Hitman!
    R.I.P wtf!!! How about we just wait tell June 7 when we get that gameplay footage. We have no idea what the games going to be like and people are already saying its dead. I keep hearing splinter cell conviction this and splinter cell that but what they got to do with Hitman.

“The Hitman games of past have been very hardcore,” said Tore Blystad, game director at IO Interactive. “Even though the fantasy of the Hitman universe has a very universal appeal, the games have been so difficult to play, that it’s been more of an acquired taste. The biggest challenge that we had with this game was to make it much broader in every sense, so that it was easier to play and more accessible, but still retain a very strong, hardcore side as well. We don’t want to alienate any of our fans who have been extremely loyal for so many years.”

It’s been five years since the iconic bald assassin, known only as Agent 47 in the franchise, has gone on a virtual mission. During that time, the game studio has created brand new technology to bring a more cinematic interactive story to life. A story that turns the table on the hunter and has 47 pursued by the police and the agency he previously worked for.
    Sounds a LOT like Splinter Cell Conviction

Originally Posted by Mobius32
    Isn't it amazing how that statement manages to tick every box on the "we're-going-to-rape-this-game-until-you-can't-recognize-it-anymore list"? We can only hope that E3 brings us good information.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Blystad responded to this.

"Reduce frustration and reloads and such things. Obviously, this will allow more people to play the game where they would turn it back to the store after two hours because it became to hard or too punishing too quick. But core fans will be able to enjoy the game the same way they did earlier."

If all of this is optional then there's no reason to panic.

Arrow

Originally Posted by Mobius32
    A story that turns the table on the hunter and has 47 pursued by the police and the agency he previously worked for.
    That last point that you got in bold sonds more like Contracts than Conviction.
    Originally Posted by TheWoodsieLord
    So, no "streamlining", no "awesome button", no regenerating health, no takedown moves. That's about it.
    Of coure no "streamlining".

Awesome button? u gotta have at least one awesome button because when 47 about to die it goes into slowmotion. 47 gets three head shots and gets to come back. Wouldn't that work better as a "aswsome button"? I don't know.

No Regenerating health? As it stands now 47 can take alot of hits, so if they added regenerating health it wouldn't hurt none.

No Takedown moves? But don't 47 already got that in Blood Money. Do you mean you don't want a one hit takedown that you get in the other popular stealth games?
    If they dumb it down and make it easier, I definitely won't be buying it. Blood Money was a masterpiece, a work of art, and so was Silent Assassin.
    Silent Assassin was the game
    I don't want to choose to do things professionaly, I don't want to choose not to get seen, I want to be forced into it! Being unprofessional should make things harder, not easier!
    To be for real I gotta just come out and say that blood money was already "dumb down" to make the game easier. Out of the last three Hitman games Blood Money has been my least favorit because when you get caught all the guards run straight into your face making them extremely easy to kill, that don't happen in the other hitmen. Put blood Money in your game console or whatever and get a disguise and run up to a guard and run circles around him. I must of ran circle around that guard twenty time before he pulled out his gun. My point is that the game is not that challenging its always been easy to mass murder and your only consequence for being unprofessional is an ulgy ass mass murder ranting.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last