Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Post your questions to IO here

Post your questions to IO here

Post your questions to IO here

* IO EDIT: All answers from this thread can be found in this post or the new FAQ can be found in this thread. *

Hello Everyone, Falkenwut here, and feels good to be back on these forums!!

Here is another Q&A section which I hope the developers will read and check out, hopefully answer some of our questions before the big day!

I'll go ahead and start the questioning...
    1> Are we to expect More melee combat or at least more variations on melee combat?
    2> Will there be any significant style changes to expect? (referring to the awesome style Kane and Lynch introduced)

And so on, feel free to fill in this topic if you wish, and I hope the developers are reading it too
    No siggie to display... move along...

2. - Is the character of 47 going to change or "evolve"? If so, how and why?

- Will the game be more action oriented or will it still have an emphasis on stealth?

- What significant changes, if any, have there been regarding gameplay mechanics?

- Is Absolution being developed primarily for longtime fans of the series or people new to the series?
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

Will you still be able to get through the mission without killing anyone but the target?
    FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.

Are the "Silent Assassin" ratings making a return? (YES) Confirmed in interview with Cristian and I quote " Silent Assassin ratings are going to be brutally hard"

Is the unique aspect of the series (example killing a target with poison from a blow-fish) making a return? (yes?) I think so

(this is a statement) - PLEASE if it's not already to late ; DO NOT make this an action-centric game.

Why did you pick such a bad name (Absolution) for this one?

What is meant by 'more accessible'?
    It has a lot of longtime Hitman fans nervous.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...to-the-masses/

Originally Posted by racooon
    What is meant by 'more accessible'?
    It has a lot of longtime Hitman fans nervous.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...to-the-masses/
    That is a good question. I get very nervous when devs start throwing around words like "broader audience", "easier to play" and "more accessible". There hasn't been a single game in recent times that used those words when it came to making a sequel and did it right.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Question

In addition to the new characters are Agent Smith and Mei ling making a return?

Is there going to be a reboot of any of the characters? Because the actress that plays Diana has changed.(I wouldn't mind if they did)

Will this game be a sandbox?

Will there be any vehicles this time around?

It's early I understand this, but do you have any plans for DLC/pre-order bonuses once the game is out? (The white suit from 'Requiem' as an example.)

Will I/we get to fibre wire a pretender to throne possibly called "Raymond Smiles" as a little nod or Easter Egg towards showing who the true Master Assassin is, or something simalar?

2012 release date, with a trailer to come a good amount of time after the conferences at E3, does this mean a Wii U platform release also?

Controls; you mastered the controls IMO for console controllers with H:BM how close will Absolution's controls be to H:BM's?

Are there any plans for an SDK so we can make our own missions?
    Are there plans for DLC mission packs?

We all know that Agent 47 was originally modelled after David Bateson. Nowadays they barely look alike... so I'd like to ask... Has there been a change to the inspiration of the chosen look?

Edit: Will we expect wig-beards as disguises? (Quoting from the Hitman Novel: Enemy within written by William C. Dietz)

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    We all know that Agent 47 was originally modelled after David Bateson. Nowadays they barely look alike... so I'd like to ask... Has there been a change to the inspiration of the chosen look?

Edit: Will we expect wig-beards as disguises? (Quoting from the Hitman Novel: Enemy within written by William C. Dietz)
    He got older, its been eleven years since he hit the PC. And I like the new look of 47. They went back to what he looked like in the first chapter (Hitman Codename 47)

Another question.. sounds very stupid... will the Hitman Fleur-de-lys logo be making a comeback? HAven't noticed it yet...

Arrow

How long will IO support this game after release ?
    1 week or 1 month ?
    i wish IOI can buy back Kane & Lynch !

Are crowded maps in the game? A level full of civilians?

Oh and can we have unlockable skins please? Do certain challenges that unlock skins example - Unlock Kane or Lynch or Jenny by killing civilians.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

A question I've had for awhile is: HItman Absolution like a new story line? where we will follow Agent 47 personal struggle for several games like Ezio in the Assassin's Creed games. I'm wondering this because Deus Ex Human Revolution is considered a new IP and Tomb Raider 2011 is a reboot of the series so I was just curious about that.

- I would love to see a collectors edition of the game with some cool collectibles, any plans for such a product ?

what ive always loved about the series is how it never followed what other developers are doing and its simplicity in not making the game always about 47 and how hes feeling it was about getting to know 47 through his interaction with his prey... I guess my question is are we going to see 47 full of emotion, wanting revenge, killing everything that moves or will the cold calculated killer who makes his kills look like an accident be back

This is To the Devs : hay guys i know your doing hard work but please Make this game harder i played HM:BM on expert and completed it about 4 times on that difficulty and got almost all the Missions Silent Assassin So please by putting this instinct thing your are making the game EASY i want to play on expert and feel like it is hard so in this mode or any other mode similar to expert ( hardcore - zeolot ... god know what ) REMOVE INSTINCT D also Make us more Detectable even when eating a donat . alas : im a hardcore fan and ive played every single HM game and i dont want to see it Ruined Because of INSTINCT or a DONAT !!!!

Hello!

I've recently played a game that Edios released entitled Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game by the way, if you haven't already played it. The original Deus Ex is probably the best game I've ever played along with the Metal Gear Solid series and of course the Hitman series.

Upon playing DE:HR I realized that many aspects that made the game and others like it so good were things that, for the most part, any truly great game should have. I'm not saying that these elements are the one-size-fits-all formula for making a great game, just that they really give it that extra bit of life. So without any further ranting, I would like to ask these questions if I may:

1) I have a question as to how flexible the gameplay is. In Deus Ex or MGS, you could complete an objective without ever firing a bullet. The Hitman series was also an example of this. In sum, will there still be multiple routes and specific ways to complete a given objective?

2) While not completely necessary, I find games far more interesting if my choices/ actions influence the course of events that take place. To see the game change around you as you play really helps build a believable and immersive environment. Is this possible in Hitman: Absolution?

3) Lastly, everyone has their own opinions regarding what features should or should not be in a game. And while as a developer you can't satisfy everyone, I really appreciate games where players are given the option of how they want to play. Like the ability in DE:HR to toggle off "object highlighting", or how Bethesda is giving players the option to turn off "quest markers" in their upcoming game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim even though it's such a large and open ended game. It's things such as this that really show that developers have both "Hardcore" and "Casual" gamers in mind when making a game. So with that being said, will we have these kind of options for "controversial" gameplay features in Hitman: Absolution?

Thank you very much and let me say I can't wait to play Hitman: Absolution!
    >ICARUS FOUND YOU!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Will Absolution be dumbed down severely in an attempt to appeal to stupid people?

Has Square Enix had any involvement in the development of Absolution?

Will it be absolutely dreadful in pretty much every way imaginable like the Kane and Lynch series?

If yes to any of those questions, no sale.

The "Run for your life" demo (Which was Awesome BTW) had several body types for the cops (Medium, Slim, fat) does this affect the uniforms 47 can now steal wear?

Do bodytypes and clothe size play a role in assuming disguises??

Originally Posted by shobhit777777
    The "Run for your life" demo (Which was Awesome BTW) had several body types for the cops (Medium, Slim, fat) does this affect the uniforms 47 can now steal wear?

Do bodytypes and clothe size play a role in assuming disguises??
    its not clothes shop there is no time to choose uniform's size ,when you'r in trouble you must do any think to run for your life

A select few answers...

Originally Posted by Genetic Engineer
    - I would love to see a collectors edition of the game with some cool collectibles, any plans for such a product ?
    The team have got some ideas but we're not looking at this in detail yet. There's a whole lot of stuff to come before this becomes our number 1 priority.

Originally Posted by lx PownStar xl
    what ive always loved about the series is how it never followed what other developers are doing and its simplicity in not making the game always about 47 and how hes feeling it was about getting to know 47 through his interaction with his prey... I guess my question is are we going to see 47 full of emotion, wanting revenge, killing everything that moves or will the cold calculated killer who makes his kills look like an accident be back
    The style that you take throughout the game will be entirely up to you. You can kill everything that moves if you want to try that otherwise you can still aim to be a silent assassin.

Originally Posted by LeMoN_LiMe
    Hello!

I've recently played a game that Eidos released entitled Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game by the way, if you haven't already played it. The original Deus Ex is probably the best game I've ever played along with the Metal Gear Solid series and of course the Hitman series.

Upon playing DE:HR I realized that many aspects that made the game and others like it so good were things that, for the most part, any truly great game should have. I'm not saying that these elements are the one-size-fits-all formula for making a great game, just that they really give it that extra bit of life. So without any further ranting, I would like to ask these questions if I may:

1) I have a question as to how flexible the gameplay is. In Deus Ex or MGS, you could complete an objective without ever firing a bullet. The Hitman series was also an example of this. In sum, will there still be multiple routes and specific ways to complete a given objective?

In short, yes. Freedom of choice remains a huge part of Hitman.

2) While not completely necessary, I find games far more interesting if my choices/ actions influence the course of events that take place. To see the game change around you as you play really helps build a believable and immersive environment. Is this possible in Hitman: Absolution?

We've shown this off a little in the RFYL playthrough with Fizano. He's the rookie cop you take as a shield. Of course, the dialogue and actions that happen if you take him hostage won't happen if you choose another route.

3) Lastly, everyone has their own opinions regarding what features should or should not be in a game. And while as a developer you can't satisfy everyone, I really appreciate games where players are given the option of how they want to play. Like the ability in DE:HR to toggle off "object highlighting", or how Bethesda is giving players the option to turn off "quest markers" in their upcoming game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim even though it's such a large and open ended game. It's things such as this that really show that developers have both "Hardcore" and "Casual" gamers in mind when making a game. So with that being said, will we have these kind of options for "controversial" gameplay features in Hitman: Absolution?

These decisions haven't been finalised yet - but this article might be of interest to you: http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/08/hitm...-veteran-fans/

Thank you very much and let me say I can't wait to play Hitman: Absolution!
    Originally Posted by Hrdlodus
    Hi, when 47 opens door, the door is opening autoamtically and 47 isn't doing any other motion - push by hand. And when he takes a thing, in one moment is on a table and in next moment is in 47's hand.
    In GTA IV Nico Bellic shoves into door or he crooks and take a thing in his hand.
    I guess, it isn't easy to pragram, but if it isnť difficult, it would be a nice effect.
    (Sorry my English, it isn't my mother language.)
    The code being used for the playthrough is pre-alpha which means that there is a LOT of things to be improved before the game is finished.

The animation for picking up items has already been fixed so don't worry about that!

I've grabbed another few questions that I can give you guys answers too. Things that are too specific towards features, story etc I don't want to share just yet.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Odinsreaver
    Another thing is 'Instinct' and seeing through walls, do the higher difficulties turn that one off completely? I as a player would enjoy having that option to do so.
    If you don't want to use Instinct, you're not forced to. The amount of instinct you have access to will also scale to the difficulty level.

Originally Posted by BillRye
    my main question is this and may be for the future of critiques, will the game take a complete u turn from previous Hitman games where the story is woven into hit contracts and is not the run survival instincts of splinter cell exactly how far are you going from the roots of the Hitman series? I am aware that you are trying to appeal to a larger audience but will this sacrifice what made the series so far a success?
    The Run For Your Life (library) playthrough showed off some of the new and returning features in a natural way. The 'on the run' style of gameplay that was shown won't be persistent throughout the whole game. Absolution does not want to sacrifice the success of previous titles - We want to build on it!

Originally Posted by bat_brain

- the game will be rated M for mature i hope?

I would be surprised otherwise.

- what new game mechanics can we expect? is instinct mode necessary for success? will it be a toggleable option? is it too early to tell us? in your opinion, is this game more for the old fans or new ones? what are your theories behind this inference?

Instinct is an option. Right now you can turn if off completely if you want to. We hope Absolution will appeal to the old fans and the new fans. There is still some unannounced things that will excite both groups.

- will the game feature the usual morbid sense of humor? (47 going after santa claus w/ a fire axe, etc) these games have produced some of the more memorable scenes in video gaming history, and IMO are absolutely essential to what makes the hitman series so damned enjoyable.

I don't think the guys here would describe their sense of humour as morbid but of course there are memorable moments . The hippy apartment in the RFYL playthrough is probably the closest we've shown to this so far.

-a decent balance of stealth and guns blazing? new and different weapons/ways to dispose of bodies?

Yes and yes/yes. Play as you want to play or mix and match the different styles and there are many small improvements like this.

- something that makes this absolution game unique from the previous ones?

Of course. But typically I'm not going to spoil those types of things this early on.

-what kind of replay value will the game have? will players be rewarded for replaying by adding incentives to do so that werent there the 1st play through?

Yeah, Tore Blystad mentioned this in the Developer Commentary videos. There's a whole load of things that you probably won't see in your first playthrough that you can come back and explore later on.

edit = any rough guesstimate as to when this will be available for retail? any plans for a playable demo on the next gen networks?

2012 is our release window. We'll share more when we have it locked down.

this isnt going to be a kinnect only game i hope? although someday that may be cool. i am stoked, hence the numerous queries.

No plans for that.
    A quick set of questions answered to welcome in the new year. As usual, not everything can be answered straight away and anything too specific with regards to story or features are less likely to be answered because they might spoil upcoming announcements

Originally Posted by mcescher1
    other then the kickass video did IO do any interviews or release any info at the VGA's??? links??

game release eta?
    a date for pre-orders to begin??
    There was nothing officially released other than the VGA trailer: "A Personal Contract"

Originally Posted by thiswontlast
    One question, is this going to be an Open-world or Levels?
    If you mean open-world in the same way as GTA or Saints Row where you have free-roam of a large city and must choose your missions/contracts - Absolution won't be like that.

Originally Posted by omega77
    any chance of a wii u version would love to use the touch pad with this game.
    Absolution was announced for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and those are the platforms we are continuing to develop for.

Originally Posted by @CE
    So IOI, when are we most likely going to end up having more news/media about the game? A demo perhaps? The released date hasn't been announced yet, except for the year, will the official date be announced soon?
    You're going to get all the cool news/media that we can possibly throw at you! As you probably know, this is the most ambitious Hitman game yet and we've certainly got a lot to share once the time is right - although you shouldn't have to wait long!

We know something about the system requirements on CPU and graphics card?

Will there be a multiplayer option?
    Not yet.
    And it's true only to end in 2012 Hitman? Or man can expect in the summer with Hitman.
    There are lots of rumours about the release date. Some magazines wrote about autumn 2012, others wrote about June. But there were no official word neither from Square Enix, nor from IO Interactive.

Another load of questions answered for you guys. More next month.

Originally Posted by CrashB97
    My question to the guys at IO. You guys finally bring back the Hitman franchise after like a 5, 6 year absence from the gaming scene and come back to both applause and overdone criticisms. How do you guys, as developers, get past the fact that despite making upgrades to a game that was already epic you have a bunch of negative ppl cursing and complaining and whining. What's disappointing is that if you guys made it using the same exact formula as before, gamers would have still complained.
    All feedback means something. The community team keep tabs on forum discussions to see what's being said and after every big asset drop (trailers etc) we track the comments and general impression to give ourselves an idea of what people think. We don't want to just 'get past' the fact that fans are posting their concerns, we want them to see for themselves that Absolution will offer what they want - the 'problem' with Hitman is that it offers so much and so everyone wants to see something different and we can't show all of that at once. Essentially, the game will speak for itself though by showing off how good it is and we're sure we can build on the great feedback we have already had by showing different aspects of what is available in Absolution. Unfortunately, the key word here is patience.
    We do also bring fans in to the studio to play the game and see what they think - we have an entire department dedicated to User Research - and the feedback has been positive. We are confident in what we're creating and we've got even more to show off this year.

Originally Posted by hahahama
    1. Will we get the newspapers back? Even though after a while it was obvious what template they were using, they were quite interesting for the first dozen or so levels and I really looked forward to read what the media said about me.

2. Do we have any new "special" weapons?

3. Is this going to be the last game in the series?
    1. Newspapers are not set to return in Absolution. We're looking at better ways to show your rating and skills.
    2. There are a load of new weapons, some unique to specific levels.
    3. No.

Originally Posted by Sam_kain
    How Long is the SP Campaign ?!

-- you see since this is a SP game, the story should be like 20hr+ or something, I want to keep playing on and on for a long time, and once I am done, replay it with different approach to levels --
    We're getting closer to an actual estimate. It's difficult to test internally because QA testers or level designers know the levels inside out. Replay value is a high priority so you can bank on that and if you're a completionist, the in-game challenges will certainly keep you busy.

Originally Posted by mcescher1
    sooooo i was in best buy again and it said release date 5/1/2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this an estimate on their part .. or leak??
    Until you hear from IO about a specific month, the closest we have is 2012.

Originally Posted by MrAtmea
    I just saw the interview with the Art director and he said that you can't use instinct in Purist mode.

I am glad to hear this, but does this also mean that you cannot use diguises in this mode? Cause in the Run For Your Life trailer there are 2 occassions in wich you have to cover your face and such. And you need instinct to do that.
    Remember that the RFYL playthrough was shown in a particular way to show off certain features such as human shield and the blending in features with instinct. You can playthrough it in other ways if you want and disguises will always be available.

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    What's it like working at IO? Do youse guys enjoy it?
    Right now, there's a real buzz about the place. 2012 has started, press events have kicked off, magazine covers are coming in and the new novel has just been announced. We're planning lots of assets and at that exciting time when we can actually start to make the ideas turn into something. Our new community site is also up and running and we're only 26 days into the year! More announcements to come.

Originally Posted by matteume
    I don't know if this have already been brought up, but is there gonna be a demo?
    We don't know yet. This is a decision that still needs to be made.

Originally Posted by HampStamp
    Is it possible to complete each level in this game with similar stats as this?
    The Silent Assassin rank will return!

Other motions

Hi, when 47 opens door, the door is opening autoamtically and 47 isn't doing any other motion - push by hand. And when he takes a thing, in one moment is on a table and in next moment is in 47's hand.
    In GTA IV Nico Bellic shoves into door or he crooks and take a thing in his hand.
    I guess, it isn't easy to pragram, but if it isnť difficult, it would be a nice effect.
    (Sorry my English, it isn't my mother language.)

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... Last