Page 2 of 26 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Post your questions to IO here

Post your questions to IO here

Will we be able to save mid mission?

One thing that always bothered me about the Hitman series, accuracy and shot placement.
    After placing a few rounds on my target, it's considered accurate. When one of my rounds hit the target, and kills the person, the rest of the rounds placed in him/her is considered a 'miss' shot.

The worst is when using a shotgun, when one pellet 'kills' the target, and the rest of the pellets land, it's considered 'missed'.

Has this been fixed? Also, in Hitman Blood Money, placing a round in a dog was considered a miss shot, and shooting at an object (which I can understand) is also considered a miss shot. I hope the accuracy rating has been fixed and re-evaluated.

Another thing is 'Instinct' and seeing through walls, do the higher difficulties turn that one off completely? I as a player would enjoy having that option to do so.

my main question is this and may be for the future of critiques, will the game take a complete u turn from previous Hitman games where the story is woven into hit contracts and is not the run survival instincts of splinter cell exactly how far are you going from the roots of the Hitman series? I am aware that you are trying to appeal to a larger audience but will this sacrifice what made the series so far a success?

- is this going to be a sandbox hitman? any chance it will be more of an RPG style in which you gain new abilites as you progress?

- will hitman have his usual "hideout"? will there be tutorials therein? how about new modes of play from there?

- will 47's laptop be more detailed? will there be more information and interfaces using it?

- any chance there will be more of an emphasis on being a hitman? (ie. more detailed contracts, more money to be made that can be used in game, more marks and different ways, each w/ different pro/cons, to get the job done?

-will there be more variety as opposed to other hitman titles, will each hit be the exact same every time we play?

- the game will be rated M for mature i hope?

- is this the end? is 47 going after the agency?

- what new game mechanics can we expect? is instinct mode necessary for success? will it be a toggleable option? is it too early to tell us? in your opinion, is this game more for the old fans or new ones? what are your theories behind this inference?

- any chance it can go back to the old style of play in which you have to be real careful not to blow your cover (codename 47, silent assassin) will we still have the old "tension" meter?

- will the game feature the usual morbid sense of humor? (47 going after santa claus w/ a fire axe, etc) these games have produced some of the more memorable scenes in video gaming history, and IMO are absolutely essential to what makes the hitman series so damned enjoyable.

-any different game modes besides the usual?

-a decent balance of stealth and guns blazing? new and different weapons/ways to dispose of bodies?

- something that makes this absolution game unique from the previous ones?

-what kind of replay value will the game have? will players be rewarded for replaying by adding incentives to do so that werent there the 1st play through?

- what kind of save system will be used? will it be the usual X number of saves that cannot be loaded, once the game is exited? will there be a new system of autosaves? (console version) will we be able to exit the game and load saves for a change?

edit = any rough guesstimate as to when this will be available for retail? any plans for a playable demo on the next gen networks?

this isnt going to be a kinnect only game i hope? although someday that may be cool. i am stoked, hence the numerous queries.

Cool

Greatist Hits! Please come out on ps3 already? Blood Money God Of War Fav all time. Im getting impatient, I love the trailer must have watched it a bunch of times!!

I started playing the series at Hitman 2, the big thing that drew me into that game was the fact that 47 didn't want to kill but was thrown back into that world by force to save a friend. I liked to see the conflict between his old life and new. It even made me feel like I was going against 47's morals when I killed someone other than the target. I havent seen that in recent games, he's just been a stone cold killer which I found took away from the story. It's interesting and fun to see how a character copes and changes when an outside force is turning him back into the monster he worked so hard to get away from.
    Are we going to see this kind of struggle again? If not, I really hope its something that's considered going into future games.

Awesome! Thanks for answering some of those questions!

I'd probably catch some grief for this, but.
    Can I play in first person? It could switch to third person when I'm behind cover or taking someone down and then back to first when I'm moving? Like Deus Ex: HR does it.
    I feel the game is more immersive when your the character and not controlling one.

I'm a bit more of the opposite. But that could be because I've always played third-person. I never played many first-person games.

I think it would be interesting if both were combined. While you're moving the camera is third person, and to get a better look at things you can stop and use the first person.

Question: Will there be a return with the ability to upgrade weapons?

Super excited about the new Absolution btw... question...

will there be more opportunities to 'sniper' in the upcoming release??

... i played 'Blood Money' a billion times and can't get enough of 47...

i would like to see a level or mission for 'picking off' a few, any luck!?

awesome thanks

Originally Posted by Harill
    I'd probably catch some grief for this, but.
    Can I play in first person? It could switch to third person when I'm behind cover or taking someone down and then back to first when I'm moving? Like Deus Ex: HR does it.
    I feel the game is more immersive when your the character and not controlling one.
    you had first and third in Hitman 'Blood Money' im sure they will leave it in for this one... right?! ... i used both at different times.. this game will rock

oh yea i forgot...

i always thought 'flashbangs' and/or 'smoke' grenades might be a sweet feature, will we be seeing either?

before hitman i was addicted to counter strike cough1.6cough and flashbangs were my specialty.. speaking of cs you should totally rip some more stuff from that game.. source f'd it up anyway ... im sure you guys could touch it up

Originally Posted by mcescher1
    i always thought 'flashbangs' and/or 'smoke' grenades might be a sweet feature, will we be seeing either?
    Now that you've mentioned "grenades", I'm just thinking of explosives in general. There was very little of it in the previous games. Introducing any kind of explosive would be interesting.

Originally Posted by Shadow47
    Now that you've mentioned "grenades", I'm just thinking of explosives in general. There was very little of it in the previous games. Introducing any kind of explosive would be interesting.
    47 is known for his discreation... more explosives would take away from that... but a flashbang ... you could blind an entire room and wipe them out with injections or 'neck snaps'

smoke grenades could help you get out of 'sticky' situations... like in the '3 ninjas' movie "rocky loves emily, rocky loves emily"

cant wait for this game... super awesome

Hey it's not like I said to bring in an RPG.

I'm just looking for SOMETHING in the explosives to be introduced whether it be lethal or not. These types of weapons weren't really around during previous games and might be interesting.

Originally Posted by Shadow47
    Hey it's not like I said to bring in an RPG.

I'm just looking for SOMETHING in the explosives to be introduced whether it be lethal or not. These types of weapons weren't really around during previous games and might be interesting.
    you want like straight up grenades or something?? what about the mines?? i used them whenever i wanted a good laugh...

are you thinking of like a proximity mine or something?

Well if you remember the Blood Money game, there was the use of explosives. They were used to make traps and make "accidents" happen.They were remote control.

First of all, sorry for my upcoming bad english.

I wonder how many missions the new Hitman will include. Unfortunately in the last two games, it was something about 13, which is quite short (I played it through in 3 days). Silent Assassin had something about 22 if i remember correctly. Dont get me wrong, these 13 missions were absolutely brilliant, but as i said... short.
    So, is it possible to say at this time something about the size of Hitman:Absolution?

Question

Question: Will IO Interactive Reinstate David Bateson as the original voice actor or will IOI Destroy the franchise by using a different voice.

Note: The answer will determine me buying the game or not

other then the kickass video did IO do any interviews or release any info at the VGA's??? links??

game release eta?
    a date for pre-orders to begin??

-Any chance that David Bateson will still be able to voice 47 or has that ship sailed?
    -Will we be able to remove silencers on our weapons during a mission?
    -Are the accidents back?
    -Will 47 still be accepting contracts?

One question, is this going to be an Open-world or Levels?

I have to ask, will this Hitman have a multiplayer? I know they have never had it before, but you guys tested out the waters with Assasins creed and it was a hit. I wouldn't mind but still it would make me nervous if it did have one.

Will I be able to pre-order this on ONLIVE.COM? It's probably the only console i'd be able to get it on

First off I wanna say I love Hitman and I'm so excited that you're finally bringing him back! During the wait I have gone through five copies of Blood money just waiting lol!

My questions are:

Will there be easter eggs as in previous games such as Blood Money's Zombies or Contracts Ghost?

(Although this was already answered awhile back) At this point now do you think there will be DLC, whether just for weapons and outfits or even whole missions?

I've always been a fan of knives :P Will they be making a return, as well after throwing them into someone will we be able to remove the knife from the corpse afterwards and can we select knives or any melee weapons at the beginning of a mission?

Will there be more multi-level secrets? ex in Contracts the secret key in The Wang Fou Incident that was used to open the locked door in Asylum Aftermath for the Mini gun.

Will all weapons found in the game be available to select before a mission unlike in Blood Money when the custom 1911 could not be kept after collected.

Will more weapons allow upgrades or just the standard equipment?

Please bring back the 360 degree slow loud strangulation, Its personal.

Page 2 of 26 First First 12345612 ... Last