Thread: Extensive Hands-on + Q&A - NOTE: SPOILERS inside...

Extensive Hands-on + Q&A - NOTE: SPOILERS inside...

the thing i loved the most about the DE series is the parts where you have to infiltrate a base,they give you plenty of different things to do now people have talked about the choices in the game but no one has really talked about how fun they make the choices, are they fun or feel more tacked on and forced?(for example choice for the sake of choice instead of something more natural and fun) if that question did not make any sense then ignore it

also without any spoilers how important does the game make you feel? does it make you feel like what your doing matters?

thank you in advance

I just really don't understand why they would do something like that. For the consoles it probably wouldn't bother that much because it wil be in the same resolution as the max 720p resolution for consoles. On the pc however the diffrence will be huge if you are palying the game in 1920x1200 with AA and then suddenly a 720p cutscene comes up...

I just don't understand why they would do this. This was in Batman: AA too and some other games. I swear the amount of people screaming CONSOLE PORT BLABLA on the steam forums will be huge just for this.

Shame. Doesn't concern me though, playing on my 360. Effing Halo wasn't even 720p.

Hey Daeda, any chance we could get a list of the various weapons you came across? Just curious. Thanks!
    this game is way to complicated, too much options and no ammo also wtf health takes forever -dollayx8

Originally Posted by Zakka
    I just really don't understand why they would do something like that. For the consoles it probably wouldn't bother that much because it wil be in the same resolution as the max 720p resolution for consoles.
    PS3 & Xbox360 do run 1080p resolution games. They also upscale 720p games.

this game seems not have too much hype anyway.If Eidos is thinking that way,then its a shame.Really the hyped ones are uncharted,elder scrolls and the usual suspects.Even if you look at the preorder charts only the 360 version is there(a few sales).

Start the marketing!!

Originally Posted by wheresmyskulgun
    Hey Daeda, any chance we could get a list of the various weapons you came across? Just curious. Thanks!
    Believe Im allowed to, so sure..

• Stun Gun
    • Pistol
    • Revolver
    • Submachine Gun
    • Assault Rifle
    • Crossbow
    • Snip Rifle
    • Tranquilizer Rifle
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Shotgun

Might've forgotten one, but this should cover most of them.

So we do have an SMG!
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    So we do have an SMG!
    But that was known before?

Here's the Hurricane TMP-18 9mm by Stasiuk Arms Inc:

aka The Gun In This Screenshot:

Also shows up here:

I want to see that with a heavy suppressor mounted on the muzzle for CQC wet work.

Originally Posted by Reven
    I want to see that with a heavy suppressor mounted on the muzzle for CQC wet work.
    Although suppressors are almost always far to silent in games and movies, but it's 2027 so there could have been serious improvements.

Originally Posted by mentalkase
    Why do the cutscenes look worse? Is it an inconsistancy in the art design or do they look like they're in a lower resolution or is there screen tearing? Pre-rendered cutscenes usually don't that good on pc anyway for some reason.
    they look worse because it's a recorded video in a lower resolution than you will probably play the game in.

Originally Posted by Zakka
    they look worse because it's a recorded video in a lower resolution than you will probably play the game in.
    I hate it, when they do this...my first choice would be a real ingame cutscene but to the recorded ones I would actually prefer a CGI in Blizzard quality.

Originally Posted by Solid1723
    Although suppressors are almost always far to silent in games and movies, but it's 2027 so there could have been serious improvements.
    Well the MP5 is so silent that all you can hear is the click of the bolt as it returns and no doubt HK sorted that out to for Spec Ops units so by 2027 most Sub machine firearms should be truly silent when suppressed.

Originally Posted by Reven
    Well the MP5 is so silent that all you can hear is the click of the bolt as it returns and no doubt HK sorted that out to for Spec Ops units so by 2027 most Sub machine firearms should be truly silent when suppressed.
    True but I think you're referring to the models with integral supressor? Nevertheless your point stands. In 2027 they will have perfected the tech.

How many enemies can you kill / knock-out by one takedown? Up to two?
    Carpe diem!

Don't know if it's been asked already. Can't remember or find it.

We know we can't interact with all objects in a level, but how many miscellaneous objects are there which you can interact with/pick up. Is practically everything glued down or can we throw quite some things around (besides fridges)

Originally Posted by Darthassin
    How many enemies can you kill / knock-out by one takedown? Up to two?
    Per energy bar one, two if you buy an augmentation upgrade.

Originally Posted by Poison_Berrie
    Don't know if it's been asked already. Can't remember or find it.

We know we can't interact with all objects in a level, but how many miscellaneous objects are there which you can interact with/pick up. Is practically everything glued down or can we throw quite some things around (besides fridges)
    Well, again, the majority of stuff (like chairs) will be fixed. Objects that are interactable are:

Crates, barrels, fire extinguishers, cartboard boxes, fridges, vending machines, containers, basketballs, probably some bricks and basically some stuff like that.

What?? No movable chairs? Noooooooo! In the original, as far as I remember, some chairs could be moved and some could not... I remember how I was disappointed each time I ran into an unmovable one... But then again, you couldnt move vending machines then...might equal out :-)

Originally Posted by Daeda
    Per energy bar one, two if you buy an augmentation upgrade.

Well, again, the majority of stuff (like chairs) will be fixed. Objects that are interactable are:

Crates, barrels, fire extinguishers, cartboard boxes, fridges, vending machines, containers, basketballs, probably some bricks and basically some stuff like that.
    Thanks for answering that Daeda (and for asking Poison_Berrie). This is a minor bummer to me since I seem to recall that you could pick up quite a bit of stuff in Deus Ex (someone please correct me if my memory is over inflating that aspect of DX1).

I recall throwing a plant or something at Manderly and him telling me to stop fooling around. Good times.

Believe Im allowed to, so sure..

Stun Gun
    Pistol
    Revolver
    Submachine Gun
    Assault Rifle
    Crossbow
    Snip Rifle
    Tranquilizer Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    Shotgun

Might've forgotten one, but this should cover most of them.
    Have you found/tried the Heavy Machine Gun/Minigun?

Originally Posted by m G h m u o s
    Have you found/tried the Heavy Machine Gun/Minigun?
    I doubt it was available early in the game.

Originally Posted by stringtapper
    Thanks for answering that Daeda (and for asking Poison_Berrie). This is a minor bummer to me since I seem to recall that you could pick up quite a bit of stuff in Deus Ex (someone please correct me if my memory is over inflating that aspect of DX1).

I recall throwing a plant or something at Manderly and him telling me to stop fooling around. Good times.
    Chairs are out, Fridges and Vending Machines are in. Basketballs never left. I think this is a net gain.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

You get the Rocket Launcher pretty early don't you? Unless I misunderstood that hostage mission isn't one of the first and was just an example for those preview builds. I suppose it'll just depend when those Heavies are introduced.

Originally Posted by Jerion

Chairs are out, Fridges and Vending Machines are in. Basketballs never left. I think this is a net gain.
    And turrets are in!

Daeda, have you hacked a turret and thrown it at someone yet?

Originally Posted by Dresden
    Daeda, have you hacked a turret and thrown it at someone yet?
    Or used it to shoot enemies while carrying it around?
    Make it stop.

Page 13 of 14 First First ... 391011121314 Last