Thread: Hitman must go on

Hitman must go on

Hitman must go on

Hitman 5 needs to come out if it dose not then it would be such a cliff hanger from blood money, he kills the guy after him and then what what happens next

Cool

To be honest , there isn't really a 'need' for Hitman V ...

Afterall how did Blood Money ended ? he lives ! he cheated death (well , everyone thought he was dead , but the symbolism was good enough) , it's going to be very hard for the next Hitman game to surpass this epic ending ...

And what did the last cutscene showed ? i mean after he gets into his room , we had curtains down ... Yep , a red curtain , that came out of *** nowhere , and the game ends with that note ...

What i'm saying is that Blood Money did ended as if it was the last Hitman game ... of course there will be another Hitman , but ... to be fair , the next Hitman game is probably going to look more like a fan service ...

And Blood Money was already a masterpiece , imagine if the next Hitman doesn't become as good as its predecessor ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Even if they retire 47's Character doesn't mean that the HitMan series has to be over but I do what to see 47 come back at least once more.

Thumbs Up

One last job then ? ...

Sure ... the sound of it makes it one of the most Epic games of all time already ...

Cool

Just because curtains came down doesn't necessary The End it probably just went into intermission that would explain the six year wait.

Thumbs Up

Ahahahaha well said ! ...
    Well said indeed ...

Wait a minute, wait a minute hold the phone.......... Blood money had a plot?

Big Grin

Don't tell me you skiped the cutscene and the newspaper reports ! ...

Alright let's look at it the other way ...
    What was , in your point of view , the story of Blood Money ? ...

Dude, I have no idea! None of it made sense to me! I figured the agency was being wiped out, because that was pretty much all Diana would say during the cutscenes, and the other half was a reporter talking to the wheelchair guy who just kept saying "And then THIS happened" The ending didn't make sense either. He wakes up and shoots everyone, travels to some shifty place, asks for whatever is "in the back" and then curtains close while playing that "I'm just another type of girl" song. What the hell am I supposed to make of that?

Luckily, I've never played a hitman game because of the story. I heard that hitman codename 47 had a good plot, but that's the only one I haven't played.

So tell me, what was the plot, and why was it so interesting for you?

Cool

Alright , incoming wall of text ...

Rick , a journalist (the dude with the bad haircut with glasses and a pink shirt) is being contacted by an ex-FBI director, Leland Alexander (the guy on the wheelchair with half of his face burned like a ugly muffin) for an exclusive interview ... at first the journalist expected it to be just a mere mini auto-biography or something like that ... nothing of 'real' importance ...

But then Alexander starts talking to the journalist about all the 'unsolved' assassinations over Chile , Paris , and all over United States ... basically all about Agent 47's recent contracts ...
    The journalist at first doesn't believe Alexander one bit , as 47 was nothing but an 'urban myth' , but as Alexander continues to give informations of the mysterious assassinations , and blaming it all on Agent 47 , Rick understands the true nature of this 'exclusive interview' : the ex-FBI director wants to expose the supposedly evil nature of 47 , and specifically , the danger that ‘clones’ represents to society ...

As the mission continues , the players will - if paying attention to the details - notice that what Alexander says is not always true ...
    For the moment the player might suspect that Alexander might just have been mistaken and wrongfully blaming it on 47 , but then as the game progresses , Alexander will for example say that one of their men, Agent Smith, was killed by 47, same goes for the Secretary of Interior during the parade in New Orleans , and that the FBI had placed Agents on scenes to protect the VIPs , but 47 killed them all ...
    However as the player plays through the game the player will see that 47 saved in fact both Agent Smith and the Secretary of Interior , and instead eliminated the ones assigned there to kill them ... the same ones that the FBI had placed there to 'protect' them in the first place ...
    Alexander also says that after 47 killed his 'father' and creator Doctor Ortmeyer, he stole his father's research and sold the cloning program to the highest bidder of the international criminals ... and all those who played Hitman games will remember that 47 never did such thing , as the first level of Contracts showed , after killing Ortmeyer all 47 did was run out of the asylum ...

As well as the irregularities between what Alexander says and what 47 actually did , and the fact that Diana constantly informs 47 that the Agency is at risk and ready to close their doors due to a rival group known as the 'Franchise' is against them , the players will also get to read newspapers reports after every mission ...
    There are roughly three types of article asside from the publicities: there is the center page report about the mission you just performed ; trivial and humorous articles about random absurd events ; and finally , 'serious' articles about the current US elections , the issue of cloning , as well as the sightings of an Albino assassin (who is Mark Parchezzi , the man 'waiting' for you in the ovall office in the White House) ...
    Basically what you get to piece together is the following ...

The US Vice President was killed in a car accident , the limo driver was to blame ...
    Meanwhile an Albino man is killing various international targets , which all leads up to similar car related accidents , and therefore suggesting that it was the Albino who killed the Vice President ...
    The year being 2004 it is soon election time in America , the poll seems to indicate that two of the candidates are leading the race , one of the two being the current president Tom Stewart , preparing for his re-election ...
    In the meantime there was also the need to elect a new Vice President and , due to the usual political pressure , the new Vice President is Daniel Morris , someone that is oppose to Tom Stewart's political party ...
    Tom Stewart approves of the cloning program , as the scientists have proved that cloning technology can be useful in terms of medical progress ...
    However Daniel Morris is wholly against the cloning technology , and demands it to be banned , worldwide ...
    A news article after a mission in the Mississippi has Leland Alexander talking about cloning , and being very negative about it ...

Also during the conversations between Alexander and the journalist it is shown that Alexander uses 47 as a main example of why cloning is 'bad' ...

So this all continues until the last levels of the game ...
    Alexander says that 47 is dead , and he can prove it ...
    The journalist is flabbergasted , so he is being taken to the crematory gravesite with Alexander ...
    Meanwhile , Alexander's nurse , who we never gets to see her face , is seen to be carrying something of importance to her , the object shaped like a lip stick bottle ...

The ex-FBI director then tells one last story ... of how 47 was about to kill the president of the United States ! ...
    But then of course we see that 47 was actually saving the president , killing instead the men plotting against him : the new Vice President and the Albino Assassin ...

So comes the penultimate cinematic ...
    47 was betrayed by Diana , Diana forms an alliance with the wheelchair dude Alexander , who in turn IS the leader of the 'Franchise' ...
    Alexander tells the journalist that 47 died when he broke his neck when jumping over a fence after leaving the White House , now we all know this is nothing but complete utter bollocks , wheelchair dude did nothing but lied to the journalist about 47 ...
    In turn , if the player pieces the elements together: the Franchise wanted the president dead in order for Daniel Morris to replace him , Daniel was against cloning , Daniel works with the Albino , the Albino is a clone , the Albino works for the Franchise , Alexander is the leader of the Franchise , and also against cloning ... it all basically means that the Franchise wanted to ban cloning research so that no one but them in the whole world would have the access to the cloning departments , and thanks to the Ortmeyer's research dossiers that the Franchise had stolen , they will now be the Only source of criminal organization in the world to be capable of building an army of clone assassins ...

So let's keep this short one more time ...
    Dude on wheelchair is leader of an evil organization that wants to build clones ...
    Originally they wanted to legally ban cloning technology through politics , so that they can stay as the sole clone makers on the planet ...
    Their plan fails as 47 killed Daniel Morris , the Franchise's inside man ...
    Dude on wheelchair now twists up the facts and makes 47 appear like a real soulless clone terrorist , telling it all to the naive journalist who believes he has the scoop of the century in his hands ...
    So if the journalist publishes the fake story of 47 , worldwide opinion will then have a complete hatred against the cloning technology , and unanimously ban it altogether ...
    The Franchise will then become the sole clone makers on the planet , as planned ...

(alright , it does sound very vague and far fetched plan , I mean afterall the Franchise didn’t exactly needed to ban cloning , they could have made their clone army themselves , afterall they’re the only ones with the Ortmeyer files … but this is what's going on , media pressure) ...

Then comes the ending ...
    As we learn that Alexander's nurse is actually Diana , that mysterious lip stick bottle that she applies to her lips before kissing 47's corpse (of which nobody seems to be bothered when someone kisses the local dead body ... just saying) is therefore suggested to be the same kind of sedative and resurrection chemical device that 47 had previously used to save Agent Smith by first 'killing' him before bringing him back to life in the morgue ... basically Diana did the same thing with 47 , so she didn't really betrayed 47 , it was all part of her plan ... ... smart woman , really , such tremendous far fetched planning , damn ...

If the player does nothing as the end credits roll , then 47 gets buried and cremated ...
    If the player flicks the movement controls around then 47 reacts to the to the ‘kiss of life’ , so he wakes up and starts shooting at everybody , the agents , Alexander , and even the priest and the journalist , why ? because 47 musn’t have any ‘witnesses’ … he is , afterall , an urban myth … so he must kill all those who has ever seen him especially in this awkward situation of a clone who rose up from the dead , he couldn’t have just walked out …
    With the journalist and the FBI agents all dead , 47’s identity is safe (though , if the player pays attention to a very small detail , one can see that the journalist was holding a white tape recorder in his hands , and 47 cannot pick it up … fan theories is that despite having killed all the witnesses , the tape still contains the story Alexander told to the journalist … so … the folks who are going to inspect the crime scene with now have the tape , the evidence that 47 ‘exist’ and setting the plot for the fifth Hitman game … but it’s been five years now and I doubt most of the fans still remembers about this theory) …

So , after the massacre , we see that Diana is starting to rebuild the Agency , though she didn’t manage to get in contact with 47 (for some reason , after she brought 47 back to life , she simply locked the gates of the graveyard and left … I mean she could have waited for 47 and they can both drive home together , or something) …
    Meanwhile 47 is back into the shady hotels , and his last line , when he asks about the “place in the back” , it was up to our own interpretation , but personally I think the only thing it could mean was that 47 was just looking for a new place to hide , so he asks for the hotel room located in the far back , far of people’s sight …
    Considering how he didn’t re-contacted the Agency , he is probably all on his own now …
    Now it wasn’t made clear either whether 47 was aware that Diana helped him or not , as the last time he saw her she stick a needle in his neck … Perhaps being the smart clone that he is he had deducted that it was all part of Diana’s plan , so he bears no grudge against her … But then why didn’t he re-contacted the Agency ? well probably because he doesn’t know that the Agency is opening its doors again , or maybe he just want to stay alone for a while , take a rest , in the back of a shady hotel , where no one will probably find him …

Then just before the end credits roll we get the fall of red curtains …
    It’s symbolic , and beautiful …
    And to top it all we get the song “Tomorrow Never Dies” , which is exactly what happened to 47 , he didn’t die , he gets to live for another day … it was just beautiful … and I still believe that no Hitman game can ever top this ending , which is why I’m not so keen on seeing a fifth Hitman game …
    Blood Money didn’t ended on a cliffhanger , it just ends , the show’s over , curtains down … and I think it’s perfect , because 47 is an assassin , he lives the life of an urban myth and the last time we saw him is in some undisclosed location , as it should be …
    Plus he had already saved the world quite a few times and look what nearly happened to his legacy : he was about to die and only being remembered as a evil terrorist from the lies of a crippled old man , and we all saw what the ‘media’ was capable of …
    And hell , the last assassination took place in the White House , and the security proved to be a child’s play to 47 , that was the last laugh , can’t top that …

Blood Money was the only Hitman game that had such a complex and outlandish plot , but it also proved to be the most satisfying …
    Codename 47 was essentially the story of a clone killing his five ‘fathers’ without knowing it , until the end of course …
    Silent Assassin tells that a clone assassin has no place on earth except that of being what he is ‘made’ to be : a killer … not even compassion , religion or god , can change his destiny …
    Contracts was to show that 47 , despite being a killer , is actually some sort of a wingless angel who ‘purifies’ the world by eliminating the real evil and degenerate people … nevertheless he is still hunted by the police , by the law , even though all he ever did was being more effective than the law itself …
    So far it’s all good in terms of videogame standards , but then Blood Money came and tells about manipulation , corrupt politics , the power of the media , the issue of cloning (both a positive thing to the world with its scientific breakthrough and a tool for the wrong people to do their evil biddings) and in the middle of all this we have Agent 47 , who is still as cold and distant to most humans , who works only for the money (and he never uses the money other than to buy weapons) , and , he doesn’t give a damn about the well being of society , “I don’t do politics” he says to Agent Smith , and yet he just saved the world once again from a evil organization , but 47 really couldn’t have cared less …

I don’t know , I just think the story is somewhat ironic and funny , complex enough to be dramatic , but never pushing the stuff too far …

Well , of course , IO really surpassed themselves with Dead Men , so the storytelling from the Hitman games is now somewhat ‘tame’ in comparison …

I don’t know really , Codename 47 only had the morale at the end of the game , Silent Assassin was a semi revenge/rescue tale with 47 going around the world doing someone else’s bidding and then things becomes serious again at the end , Contracts starts out bloody and bleak but then looses its narrative line somewhere in the middle , and Blood Money was the only one that had a real proper ‘story’ from beginning to end … and sure , it was confusing at first , I unfortunately do not remember what my first impression was , but I agree if you feel that it’s hard to get , because the story is mostly told through the articles in the end level newspapers , and for the whole game this dude on a wheelchair is revealed to be telling lies and yeah , alright , it’s very easy to feel the need to “not give a damn” about the story of Blood Money …

But then … incidentally , that’s exactly what Agent 47 feels about the whole damn thing , he doesn’t give a damn , he just pulls his assignments with great efficiency while society falls around him , then he dies , and lives again , and now he is just going to find a nice quiet and small room , and take a nap … Marvelous …

The story of Blood Money works in both ways , if you pay attention you get to live the whole mad conspiracy , but if you don’t care , then you still get to experience the great level designs (plus , most of the levels have nothing much to do with the actual ‘plot’) …

It’s a win win situation , it tells a serious story without shoving it down our throat …

But yeah , maybe , ‘Maybe’ it could have done with a little more polish … but I was wholly satisfied with what I got …

And I much rather they work on a third Kane & Lynch game right now then to make another Hitman …

Well I did read your whole post......And I gotta say the only plot point that honestly has any pull on me is that they should do a 5th one with him being hunted because they know of his existance. IT could make for a really cool mechanic. As for what you said about the two way of playing the game. I did catch those points you mentioned, but for some reason I just didn't care. The only reason I play hitman games, is because they have the most brilliant level design out there. You can't play it the same way twice which is something just about every game tries to boast but few ever accomplish.

I still want a 5th one.

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BigBoss
    The only reason I play hitman games, is because they have the most brilliant level design out there. You can't play it the same way twice which is something just about every game tries to boast but few ever accomplish.
    For Blood Money ? yes ...
    For the previous Hitman games ? i don't know , personally i don't see more than two or three ways to complete the levels with stealth ...

Perhaps what they should do is drop the story altogether , and just gives us loads of levels with the same quality as those from Blood Money ...

Meaning the fifth Hitman game would essentially be a 'map pack' ...
    Forty seven maps would do nicely ...

I can't think of a more episodic game that could easily have campaign dlc

Lightbulb

But not long before Dog Days gets officially announced IO stated there were also working on whole new project that had nothing to do with their pre-existing franchises ...

So ...

Anything is still possible ...

that had nothing to do with their pre-existing franchises ...
    ...which was succesfully cancelled.

Unhappy

Oh well nuts ! ...

And how come official gaming news report never bring the news up to date ? it makes us look really embarassing with nothing but old hoax in hands ...

Arrow

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    For Blood Money ? yes ...
    For the previous Hitman games ? i don't know , personally i don't see more than two or three ways to complete the levels with stealth ...
    I like how you broke down the story in that Epic Wall Text but here's what I got to say about the levels design
    In contract you kill this guy by shooting him, sneaking up behind him with fiber wire, poisoning his drink or you can smoother him with a pillow. Thats four different ways to kill one guy but on most of the levels on Blood Money for the most part theres only one way to get silent assassin. In BloodMoney you have to find all the death traps and use them to make the death of your target look like an accident which is cool but thats the only way. Dropping Chandeliers on peoples heads is crazy and all but the its really fun when you pull off that perfect sniper shot and get away clean. Basically what I'm saying is that theres many thing that make the other levels from the previous Hitman games better than Blood Money. Me personally didn't really Blood Moneys Levels. The locations were boring and tje targets were a joke, I like the Black Widow story but there not much else. The main Boss assassin of the game was weak and just stand there in the opened waiting to get shot in the head.

Lightbulb

Agreed about the Albino killer, man all that built up for an epic confrontation that ends in less than forty seven seconds...

And in just five seconds if you've installed a mine...

Oh, speaking about the mines, those Were Marvelous...
    It just showed the ragdoll physics in all their splendour...
    And the sedative syringe, these were even better...

See that's why i didn't liked Contracts and Silent Assassin all that much: there isn't any sedative that 'works', you only get a half assed bottle of anesthesia that puts the NPC down for a ridiculously short time and your cover gets blowned right after, it's just tedious...

Anywya, i guess we all know by now that i prefer the level design of Blood Money while you prefer that of Contracts... so what we can hope for is that Absolution combines a bit of both to make everyone happy...

Yeah they made the anestesia that way so that it would be a challenge. Like in blood money it was too easy, once you get a disguise your cover never gets blown were as in silent assassin you had to work harder for that kill. I definitely agree about silent assassin, you have to be perfectly precise if they see you running they blow your brains out no questions asked and on the other hitman games its the other extrem. Its like the guards don't even care any more, you can run around like a nut burst though doors and they don't even get a little suspicious.

The action in Hitman definitely needs to be improved because when your cover gets blown and they start shoot at you, you feel like you mine as well reset mission because it just turns in to mass murder. I think that the worst thing is that in Blood Money the NPC's when you walk behind them stop and turn around and stair at you for two seconds. That is really annoying because in real life and in the other games they would just look over their shoulder and keep on and mine their own business.