Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: BELL TOWER ASSOCIATES ("Plan Infinity") & BARRETT - Discussion (Spoilers inside)

BELL TOWER ASSOCIATES ("Plan Infinity") & BARRETT - Discussion (Spoilers inside)

BELL TOWER ASSOCIATES ("Plan Infinity") & BARRETT - Discussion (Spoilers inside)

Bell Tower Associates

Bell Tower Soldiers

Founder - Unknown
    Leader - Lawrence Barrett
    Type - Mercenary
    Headquarters - Heng Sha

Notable members - Ben Saxon (in the novel "Deus Ex: Icarus Effect", he works for them in the beginning).

Bell Tower Associates is a umbrella group of private military contractors.
    With their new program, Plan Infinity, they offer to soldiers immediate augmentation while deferring payment for as long as they remain active employees of Belltower.
    This private military company has currently deployed soldiers in Heng Sha.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I hope, or predict, that Adam will be able to go to a recruiting office or the front desk of their headquarters and sarcastically apply for a position. Possibly also play up a psychotic persona frightening or impressing the recruiter or corporate representative in question.
    ...a million bureaucrats are diligently plotting death and some of them even know it.
    -Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow.

Belltower surely do other things besides security? They have billboards around the Heng Sha streets.
    signature image

They're private military contractors. Corporations hire them for security, and governments hire them when they don't want to use their own soldiers or equipment in a conflict.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

In short, "Private Security" is just modern speak for "Mercenaries".

Originally Posted by [FGS]Shadowrunner
    Belltower surely do other things besides security? They have billboards around the Heng Sha streets.
    Yeah, they also have a successful line of colouring books for children.

What is it with games these days and PMC's that are all cardboard cut out villains ?

PMC...Belltower is basically a private military for hire. Security, corporate, civil or otherwise, is just one of the things they do.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Originally Posted by Reven
    What is it with games these days and PMC's that are all cardboard cut out villains ?
    They are people who shoot other people for money. If your game needs cardboard cut out villains, you can't do better than a PMC.

I thought guy on left was quite contemporary and convincing. MJ12 look like something from a cheap TV space opera in DX1.
    signature image

I don't think I'll ever understand why some of these troopers wear radiators.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Do you have any idea how hot you'd get in these suits? First sensible idea I've seen.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Maybe that is exactly what they are?
    signature image

Maybe that is exactly what they are?
    Hehe. It's the special Winter Collection.
    signature image

These guys look like the kind of Villains and Mooks the major beats up every other day in ghost in the shell.

Originally Posted by K^2
    Do you have any idea how hot you'd get in these suits? First sensible idea I've seen.
    They ruin it by putting the exhaust right in your face.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

I love the heavy-armored guy's helmet.

Nice design over there, Eidos.

I just hate the colored fingertips, but oh well, it may be useful: It higlights rather well when you show the finger to someone.

So Barrett is the leader of it? Maybe Fedorova works for them too?
    Visits the forum once every six months.

2027 : It's a time of great ergonomic designs.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Maybe Fedorova works for them too?
    Just to correct a common mistake (that I have made myself); the spelling is Federova.
    signature image

I always assumed the option of Adam joining a certain group that adopted one of Bell Tower Associates former members was a possibility for an ending of DXHR.

Spoilers for the book.

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Just to correct a common mistake (that I have made myself); the spelling is Federova.
    Thanks, Lady.

It wont happen again, i promise.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Going from the book - and I'm not finished yet, only about halfway through -

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Going from the book - and I'm not finished yet, only about halfway through -

Originally Posted by EricaLeeVee
    FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.

Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Thank goodness for tags then.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last