Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: DAVID SARIF - General Discussion Thread

DAVID SARIF - General Discussion Thread

  1. #1

    DAVID SARIF - General Discussion Thread

    From what I can tell, at first glimpse he appears somewhat interesting. What do we really know about this guy? Is he a joker, a con man, a jehovah's witness in disguise? I really don't know. But i'm keen to find out more prior to playing the game ad infinitum.

  2. #2
    Maybe you should visit the website of his company:

    http://www.sarifindustries.com/en/#/home/
    Project Black Fox

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,710
    I just hope he's not the main antagonist.

    I mean, after LaCroix and Manderley, i think its enough.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    I just hope he's not the main antagonist.

    I mean, after LaCroix and Manderley, i think its enough.
    If he is he'll probably be best bros with paige, who will be the real main antagonist.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    David Sarif has a profile up on the DX Wiki.

    David Sarif is the founder of Sarif Industries and a friend of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

    Sarif Industries CEO, he transformed the city of Detroit into a rich and prosperous city by transforming old car factories into new companies specializing in high technology.
    http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/David_Sarif
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  6. #6
    Look at the Sarif homepage with the hand and the eye. Turn your monitor upside down. Does that tell you anything?
    signature image

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by [FGS]Shadowrunner
    Look at the Sarif homepage with the hand and the eye. Turn your monitor upside down. Does that tell you anything?
    I just imagined that conversation in DX:HR:

    "Adam, I learned Sarif is actually the subsidiary of Versalife which is a subsidiary of PageIndustries!"

    Modified Inception quote: "Subsidiaries within subsidiaries are very instable"
    Sorry to interrupt, my signature is augmented

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,710
    How do you turn your monitor upside down?
    Visits the forum once every six months.

  9. #9
    I really hope Sarif isn't the main bad guy for the game. That would just be way too obvious, since they're obviously not going the route of the first game, which said "THESE ARE BAD PEOPLE" in the beginning of the game.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    How do you turn your monitor upside down?
    With your hands. Be careful... this isn't a stunt for amatuers.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

  11. #11
    Alternatively, most video card control panels have an option for inverting your display.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Shralla
    I really hope Sarif isn't the main bad guy for the game.
    Um, I'm hoping that they didn't design the narrative to be so simple that there even IS a "main bad guy."

    I want to be able to choose who to side with, every choice being just another shade of grey.

    No black and white. More like real life.

  13. Originally Posted by singularity
    With your hands. Be careful... this isn't a stunt for amatuers.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just stand on your head while you look at your monitor, possibly breaking your neck in the process?
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

  14. #14
    Sarif is AJ's "friend?" Not his boss? Superior? Employer? It sounds like they'd be grabbing a drink together after a hard day's work down at the local pub rather than trying to thwart terrorism and unravel global conspiracies together.

    I would think that our pointy-bearded protagonist harbors some negativity towards Sarif for forcibly, intrusively, augmenting his own body, though. There's nothing like a well-wrought tail of betrayal and revenge between once friends.
    Qu'est-ce que

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by singularity
    With your hands. Be careful... this isn't a stunt for amatuers.
    FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,176
    Originally Posted by TrickyVein
    Sarif is AJ's "friend?" Not his boss? Superior? Employer? It sounds like they'd be grabbing a drink together after a hard day's work down at the local pub rather than trying to thwart terrorism and unravel global conspiracies together.

    I would think that our pointy-bearded protagonist harbors some negativity towards Sarif for forcibly, intrusively, augmenting his own body, though. There's nothing like a well-wrought tail of betrayal and revenge between once friends.
    I find this one of the most interesting parts of DXHR. What is the relationship between these two?

    In the comics David seems to go out of his way to personally instruct Adam on certain objectives and takes Adam with him when going to certain events (although I suppose this is part of his security job) when David probably has more important things in his company that need his attention.


    Speaking of the security job thing, ever since the surgery now Adam is doing all these special missions when I am sure before he got augmented he just kind of guarded Sarif's establishments.

    The circumstances in which Adam was hired by Sarif is shrouded in mystery too. Sure his ex-girlfriend suggested him to the guy but I don't think that alone merits a man being hired to head a security team. Not to mention the expensive augmentations 'generously' given to Adam after the attack.


    I'm guessing (well, very sure) that eventually David is going to push Adam too far and cause the inevitable betrayal as you said TrickyVein; but unlike when JC left Unatco in the first game (you could never stick with Unatco) I hope you can choose to side with Sarif throughout the game.


    Of course, this is all stuff you all probably know, but I find it very interesting. This game needs to come out sooner.

  17. #17
    ^^ I don't know about any of this, LeeVee - that's what makes it all so exciting. Now, I haven't read any of the books or the comic, so I could be wrong on many fronts, but it seems very likely that there's going to be a schism at some point between Sarif and AJ.

    Also, to address the issue of why Sarif hired AJ in the first place - isn't it because AJ's body is able to interface with mechanical augmentations will minimal or no side-effects? Don't most other people require medication in order for their bodies to "accept" mechanical augmentation? Of course, how could Sarif have known this without first augmenting AJ if this is true?

    I remember reading that somewhere, but I've no idea where. So many questions.
    Qu'est-ce que

  18. #18
    I think Sarif will be a bit like Manderly. He seems O.K and then.....

    WHAM!

    He turns out to be a crooked bureaucrat.
    Bob page: Your too late, I am already more than human!
    JC: Does that mean I don't get the job?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,176
    Originally Posted by TrickyVein
    ^^ I don't know about any of this, LeeVee - that's what makes it all so exciting. Now, I haven't read any of the books or the comic, so I could be wrong on many fronts, but it seems very likely that there's going to be a schism at some point between Sarif and AJ.

    Also, to address the issue of why Sarif hired AJ in the first place - isn't it because AJ's body is able to interface with mechanical augmentations will minimal or no side-effects? Don't most other people require medication in order for their bodies to "accept" mechanical augmentation? Of course, how could Sarif have known this without first augmenting AJ if this is true?

    I remember reading that somewhere, but I've no idea where. So many questions.
    I know from reading in previews that (minor spoilers for the beginning of the game forthcoming)

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Daedatheus
    Um, I'm hoping that they didn't design the narrative to be so simple that there even IS a "main bad guy."
    There's nothing inherently "simple" about having a primary antagonist. Last I checked, Bob Page was DEFINITELY the primary antagonist of the first game, and I don't see anybody complaining about that story being "so simple."
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,176
    You know...Sarif has got to have some kind of killswitch in Adam. If David spent millions of dollars on something he probably wouldn't want that investment walking out on him. Let's hope there is a nice hacker to help the protagonist out this time.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,710
    Originally Posted by EricaLeeVee
    You know...Sarif has got to have some kind of killswitch in Adam. If David spent millions of dollars on something he probably wouldn't want that investment walking out on him. Let's hope there is a nice hacker to help the protagonist out this time.
    Well there's a Tong around...

    I wonder where Tong got to learn all of that.

    If augmented agents explode when dead, how could he ever examine the bodies?

    At least the MIB's ; Walton Simons and the "next-gen" augs would have top classified mods. Tong could never lay his chinese hands over them.

    ... unless... he worked there.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by Shralla
    There's nothing inherently "simple" about having a primary antagonist. Last I checked, Bob Page was DEFINITELY the primary antagonist of the first game, and I don't see anybody complaining about that story being "so simple."
    Ah, so true. To be completely honest, I still wish there was actually an option to


  24. #24
    I believe that its possible that Adams injuries were nowhere near as bad as sarif made out. but instead used him to find out if the experimental augmentations really work since he no doubt has lost patient x to versalife after the attack. but as i said before i believe patient x is Paul denton since he is the most important human in the world at this point.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Please remember to use spoiler tags where required, thanks guys.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last