Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: TR Forum Welcome & Navigation Thread | Introduce yourself here!

Wow, you are doing this forum such a service! What a kind person you are! You deserve a nobel prize you humanitarian you!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    I think that this thread is pointless tbh. Sorry
    I think your presence here is pointless to be honest
    I started this thread as a first thread. Im not trying to be mean or rude or anything else.

I think that this thread is pointless tbh. Sorry
    This is rude, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Kerem View Post
    I think your presence here is pointless to be honest
    Oh... sorry

alright guys play nice, this is not the way we welcome new members.
    i actually liked the first post, nice to hear that you had fun in London Kerem

But why would I want to take away the chance for someone who for example cant afford the game?
    Good for you mate. Well jell you got to go to the IGN thing. I applied but missed out!
    signature image

Welcome to the forum, Kerem

I think it is very admirable that you avoid entering the competition to give others a bigger chance

@Rider: Let's be more friendly to the new members next time. We'd like everyone to feel welcome here

@Kerem: Try not to get personal with members who say unwanted things and instead please let the forum staff deal with it. That's what we're here for

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Kerem

I think it is very admirable that you avoid entering the competition to give others a bigger chance

@Rider: Let's be more friendly to the new members next time. We'd like everyone to feel welcome here

@Kerem: Try not to get personal with members who say unwanted things and instead please let the forum staff deal with it. That's what we're here for
    What i did?
    I just said that this thread is pointless and that's all, i never insulted him personally and he did that to me and i am the one who is to blame here??
    I don't have right to say that thread is pointless? I am sorry than.
    signature image

What i did?
    I just said that this thread is pointless and that's all, i never insulted him personally and he did that to me and i am the one who is to blame here??
    I don't think you did anything wrong either, this thread is a little pointless, they could have posted their selfless act in the Humble Abode thread and or posted in the Members Introductions thread also.
    signature image

But why would I want to take away the chance for someone who for example cant afford the game?
    You could always donate/gift it to someone who couldn't.
    But I applaud you for that mindset.

(click image to enlarge)

What i did?
    I didn't say that you insulted the OP, nor that you're the only one to "blame" (I don't really like using that word, because this is not that serious), Rider - I also asked the OP to avoid doing something in the future.

I wouldn't like to say that you don't have any right to point out pointlessness, because that would seem a bit heavy handed. But this was the OP's first thread in this forum, and saying that it's pointless - even if you are right - is generally not perceived as something nice to do.

If you come to a community that is completely new to you, and you are greeted with the message that your first thread is pointless - a thread in which you attempt to convey a lot of positivity to the community - it can make someone feel unwelcome and put off from posting again.

I hope you understand

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I didn't say that you insulted the OP, nor that you're the only one to "blame" (I don't really like using that word, because this is not that serious), Rider - I also asked the OP to avoid doing something in the future.

I wouldn't like to say that you don't have any right to point out pointlessness, because that would seem a bit heavy handed. But this was the OP's first thread in this forum, and saying that it's pointless - even if you are right - is generally not perceived as something nice to do.

If you come to a community that is completely new to you, and you are greeted with the message that your first thread is pointless - a thread in which you attempt to convey a lot of positivity to the community - it can make someone feel unwelcome and put off from posting again.

I hope you understand
    Thank you very much. Your are right I am put off. This is one of the reasons why I don't like posting things on forums, I will delete my account now.

Thank you very much. Your are right I am put off. This is one of the reasons why I don't like posting things on forums, I will delete my account now.
    Stick around. Don't let one [person] run you off. The people here are generally very nice.

Stick around, Kerem. This is actually one of the most friendly and good atmosphere forums out there, and the staff works hard to make sure the discussions here stay respectful

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    Stick around. Don't let one sourpuss run you off. The people here are generally very nice.
    Agreed. Don't let [redacted].
    These forums are by far the most friendly and generally the best forums I've ever been a part of.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    Stick around. Don't let one [person] run you off. The people here are generally very nice.
    Thanks I will do

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Agreed. Don't let [redacted].
    These forums are by far the most friendly and generally the best forums I've ever been a part of.

Oh wow, that's awesome of you.

Still, I think it's right to pay for the game and I fully intend on doing so even if I manage to win an early copy. I actually had a lot of fun entering the contest.
    signature image

Hi all! Though having been on here since 2006, I've not really said hello.

My name's Damian, and I'm in Brisbane Australia. I come from a country (read: out in the sticks, mate) town of roughly 200 people and went to a school where my grade 12 was literally 10 students.

I got out of there reasonably soon after that and (eventually) took up a career in Software Quality with a great little company called Trolltech (which was bought by Nokia and... well you know how that turned out). I'm now a QA Manager and love it, even though I don't get to use Qt any more, a father of two and, well, a husband of one.

In my spare time - if I'm not gaming - I'm either practicing Iaido, Spanish, messing around with code or watching movies (love Fifth Element and Hunger Games).

My first experience with Tomb Raider was the TR1 demo which blew me away - that damn bear took a couple of years off my life I'm sure - and I was hooked. I've bought them all (though, I'm ashamed to say I haven't finished AoD) and, despite the drop in my engagement of the later games, I've not lost faith in the House of Lara. I've even got the NGage game!

I've been so eager for this reboot, ever since the "leaked Japanese concept" came to light, and I know it will be truly amazing.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    Hi all! Though having been on here since 2006, I've not really said hello.

My name's Damian, and I'm in Brisbane Australia. I come from a country (read: out in the sticks, mate) town of roughly 200 people and went to a school where my grade 12 was literally 10 students.

I got out of there reasonably soon after that and (eventually) took up a career in Software Quality with a great little company called Trolltech (which was bought by Nokia and... well you know how that turned out). I'm now a QA Manager and love it, even though I don't get to use Qt any more, a father of two and, well, a husband of one.

In my spare time - if I'm not gaming - I'm either practicing Iaido, Spanish, messing around with code or watching movies (love Fifth Element and Hunger Games).

My first experience with Tomb Raider was the TR1 demo which blew me away - that damn bear took a couple of years off my life I'm sure - and I was hooked. I've bought them all (though, I'm ashamed to say I haven't finished AoD) and, despite the drop in my engagement of the later games, I've not lost faith in the House of Lara. I've even got the NGage game!

I've been so eager for this reboot, ever since the "leaked Japanese concept" came to light, and I know it will be truly amazing.
    Hi Damien, welcome too the forums
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

welcome to the new comers

and kerem
    as other have pointed out, this is a great place to be. i have been here for over a year now and from all these forums i have been, this is by far the best forum.
    sure you will find some negative responses but they get dealt with very quickly.
    signature image

It's probably about time I posted on this thread .
    I've been one of those long time lurkers and I wish I'd signed up before now because it is the nicest forum I have been on (and I've been on a few throughout the years!)

I look forward to joining in a lot more in the upcoming years
    signature image

welcome on board
    signature image

Post Hi!

Hello, I'm Lalight!
    I've been wanting to make an account here, but for some reason I didn't have the guts to, but now I did it.
    I just wanted to say, that you guys are amazingly nice, so I am glad to be part of this community!
    Also, this is my first time on a forum, so it might take some time to get used to it.
    Nice meeting you all!

welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lalight View Post
    Hello, I'm Lalight!
    I've been wanting to make an account here, but for some reason I didn't have the guts to, but now I did it.
    I just wanted to say, that you guys are amazingly nice, so I am glad to be part of this community!
    Also, this is my first time on a forum, so it might take some time to get used to it.
    Nice meeting you all!
    you made a good choice joining us here. you will not regret it.
    welcome on board.
    signature image

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast