Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: more Batman movies post Dark Knight Rises

more Batman movies post Dark Knight Rises

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Its not his continuity and if Warner Bros wanted to continue off it theres nothing he could do to stop them. They own the character and they own the story hes writing and its only because hes the goose who craps golden eggs that they've given him the freedom that he has. Doesn't mean they can't take that freedom away from him.

And its not necessarily a reboot I want, I want Nolan off the series and more importantly movies to take place after Years 1/2/3. If the next movie is set a few more years into Batman's career I'm fine, whether its a reboot or not, I'll be happy. Bottom line is if the next movie sets up Batman's origins again I'll be pissed and thats usually what a reboot does.
    I do have to agree that redoing the origin would be tedious and annoying, much like what the Spiderman film is doing. I kind of just want a Dark Knight Returns film.
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    I do have to agree that redoing the origin would be tedious and annoying, much like what the Spiderman film is doing. I kind of just want a Dark Knight Returns film.
    I'd like to see 'The Killing Joke' with a new fresh cast.. a cast that's loyal to the look and manner of the book... or maybe a really trippy 'Serious House' movie.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I'd like to see 'The Killing Joke' with a new fresh cast.. a cast that's loyal to the look and manner of the book... or maybe a really trippy 'Serious House' movie.
    I didn't particularly like Serious House despite it being written by Grant Morrison and it'll likely never get made since it would need a hard R rating for the, if I remember correctly, immensely disturbing material, i.e. Batman driving glass through his hand. The Killing Joke, though equally disturbing, could probably be adapted well but that also runs the risk of an R rating.
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

Michael Bay for the Batman reboot!!!!
    signature image

I didn't particularly like Serious House despite it being written by Grant Morrison and it'll likely never get made since it would need a hard R rating for the, if I remember correctly, immensely disturbing material, i.e. Batman driving glass through his hand. The Killing Joke, though equally disturbing, could probably be adapted well but that also runs the risk of an R rating.
    I know! O: It would be SOOO cool.

Originally Posted by batfan08
    Michael Bay for the Batman reboot!!!!
    Oh.. God, no..

I agree, just had to say it. I wouldn't mind a director like David Fincher or Darren Arnofosky.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Its not his continuity and if Warner Bros wanted to continue off it theres nothing he could do to stop them. They own the character and they own the story hes writing and its only because hes the goose who craps golden eggs that they've given him the freedom that he has. Doesn't mean they can't take that freedom away from him.

And its not necessarily a reboot I want, I want Nolan off the series and more importantly movies to take place after Years 1/2/3. If the next movie is set a few more years into Batman's career I'm fine, whether its a reboot or not, I'll be happy. Bottom line is if the next movie sets up Batman's origins again I'll be pissed and thats usually what a reboot does.
    Yeah i wouldn't want another origin or a reboot especially since Nolan's Batman reboot was the definite superhero origin model made, so why not just follow post-3rd movie with a new cast if noone of the old ones wanna come back? You can easily turn Batman into a James Bond franchise and making each movie it's own storyline.

Both Arkham Asylum and the Killing Joke are way too short to make their own big production movies, even as an animated film they would need to be increased in lenght to make the 75 minute cut. Arkham Asylum was like an European horror film, but Killing Joke on the big screen would just ruin the audience's thoughts on Batman and generally give a bad taste in the mouth with Batman laughing with the Joker after all the nasty stuff he did, thats not gonna give a good look on Bats. As motion picture movies or animated short movies? Bring it on!

I'l agree with redoing the origin would be a tad annoying, It does seem that the Nolan trilogy is one whole origin. I have a massive hunch that the new films will start Batman 89 style and just blast straight on into it though.
    I made a promise on the grave of my parents to rid this city of the evil that took their lives.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightDanny
    I'l agree with redoing the origin would be a tad annoying, It does seem that the Nolan trilogy is one whole origin. I have a massive hunch that the new films will start Batman 89 style and just blast straight on into it though.
    I want them to go James Bond style with the movies from now on.
    They'd be rolling in cash if they play their cards right..

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I want them to go James Bond style with the movies from now on.
    They'd be rolling in cash if they play their cards right..
    I think that would work well. Would you prefer different takes on the Bat universe every film ala comic style?
    I made a promise on the grave of my parents to rid this city of the evil that took their lives.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightDanny
    I think that would work well. Would you prefer different takes on the Bat universe every film ala comic style?
    I'm not sure what that means.

I want a general continuity they follow.
    But more importantly, unique continuities with unique styles within for every actor who plays Batman.. but still loosely following the general story shared by every actor.
    Again, kinda like James Bond.

Or, kind of like Arkham Asylum and now Arkham City. Just jump in with Batman as Batman and follow through in sequels.

I think I'd be up for big screen interpretations also of stand-alone stories, like The Killing Joker, Year One, etc. I know were' getting animated versions of some, too.

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    Or, kind of like Arkham Asylum and now Arkham City. Just jump in with Batman as Batman and follow through in sequels.

That's pretty much what I mean.
    But you can only hang onto one actor for so long..

I think that Nolan could do more than TDKR if he comes up with a storyline to follow, but if not, I want his continuity sealed. That way if Joel Schumacher jr. or someone steps in, his movies won't be tarnished.
    signature image

I think that Nolan could do more than TDKR if he comes up with a storyline to follow, but if not, I want his continuity sealed. That way if Joel Schumacher jr. or someone steps in, his movies won't be tarnished.

But that's just it.. they can't make a point to pick up after Nolan's story..
    Just casually step into a similar setting (with a little different pace, depending on the director) and just run with it. Batman 89' style..

I wouldn't mind a Beowulf-esque Batman film in the style of the Arkham City CG Teaser.
    I like this idea We have yet to have a full CG Batman film. I'm sure Warner can pull it off with their DC Animated series.

--------------------------

By the way, Nolan is listed on IMBD.com as the producer for a Batman Reboot in 2015! Look him up and search for his production titles. I know IMBD isn't 100% accurate but there's a good chance this could happen with the release date about two years after Man of Steel comes out.
    Beware of the Knight.

I still want Jon Hamm for Batman. I know that he's 40 this year, but I wouldn't mind seeing an older, more experienced Batman. A man who's not quite as old as his TDKR or Batman Beyond counterpart, but a man struggling with the realization that he isn't the man he once was, and the effect that time is having on his mission.
    signature image

I want someone like Aronofsky to make this a reality

Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Page 2 of 2 First First 12