Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: DX:HR - expected playing/completion time/level size etc

DX:HR - expected playing/completion time/level size etc

  1. #1

    DX:HR - expected playing/completion time/level size etc

    http://www.ps3center.net//news/5091/...of-2025-hours/


    **



    *Moderator Update*

    Recent article:

    Deus Ex HR: Hardest Thing Making A 25Hr Game Is...
    by Tom Hopkins, Monday 4 April 2011


    Jean-Francois Dugas, game director on Deus Ex: Human Revolution has revealed the biggest challenges in making a game that lasts for 20-25 hours.

    Deus Ex: Human Revolution was delayed from an early 2011 release until the end of August, which has enabled developer Eidos Montreal to increase the overall quality. "We’ve been able to have the time necessary to really polish and fine-tune the game," Dugas told NowGamer.

    But what about making a 25 hour AAA game?......
    Read the full article, here:
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5468/de...a-25hr-game-is


    Originally Posted by Jerion
    Hi. I put roughly 17 hours into the game last fall, and I didn't reach anything resembling close to the end of the story. In fact, I don't think I made even halfway. I think it's safe to trust the developers on this one.

  2. #2
    I'll believe it when I play it.

  3. #3
    Old, old news.

    From what we hear though, that's for a playthrough just following the main story: side missions etc will add a lot of extra hours.

    But as Rainhands says, I'll believe it when / if I play it.

  4. #4
    It will be so...
    Play games for the story

  5. #5
    Well that sounds good and all, but yeah the proof will be when its in our hands.

    I'm certain some fools with play it on easy, skip all conversations and cut-scene's and them moan about the game being "short", happens on all games to be honest, but those fool's are just cheating themselves.

    However 20-25 hour games are a rare thing in this day and age for this sort of game so I think most will be "believing when they see it", especially as most producers tend to pump up how long their games last.

  6. #6
    I'm glad that long games are making a comeback. First crysis 2 took me 18 hours on super soldier difficulty, Dxhr is going to be 25-30 (kyle said some testers are taking 40!) Then batman is going to take 20-24
    http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1823
    And you can expect Mass effect 3 to go for like 25-30 and Skyrim to not really have an end. Soooo much good gaming this year.......

  7. #7
    HaHaH most CallOfDuty kiddies will suicide 30% through, they won't have the patience to finish the game.

  8. #8
    I think the single player should be 3 hours, and the rest should be available in 2 hour DLC chunks. That gives the consumer more freedom, choice, and power.
    signature image

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    I think the single player should be 3 hours, and the rest should be available in 2 hour DLC chunks. That gives the consumer more freedom, choice, and power.
    Is that sarcasm? That would be the most annoying thing ever! constantly downloading 40 hrs worth would be 20 dls...who in the right mind would not be pissed off with that?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,970
    Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    I think the single player should be 3 hours, and the rest should be available in 2 hour DLC chunks. That gives the consumer more freedom, choice, and power.
    Originally Posted by viletomato
    Is that sarcasm? That would be the most annoying thing ever! constantly downloading 40 hrs worth would be 20 dls...who in the right mind would not be pissed off with that?
    Gotta love newbs to the forum.
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by viletomato
    Is that sarcasm?
    signature image

  12. #12
    How about the game sells at 30 (insert foreign money here) and the third person/ one button take down/ yellow highlight/ health regen packs all go on sale separately thus giving the consumer more freedom, choice, and power ?(tm).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,710
    Now that's a good idea, Reven...
    Visits the forum once every six months.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,234
    Originally Posted by viletomato
    Is that sarcasm? That would be the most annoying thing ever! constantly downloading 40 hrs worth would be 20 dls...who in the right mind would not be pissed off with that?

  15. #15
    @ Ashpolt Why do you say things like

    "But as Rainhands says, I'll believe it when / if I play it", suggesting you might not play this game. For someone so uncertain of whether or not they are going to play a game you sure spend a lot of time posting on the forums
    I was here before the fall...

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    This made me laugh for a whole minute.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Partydrank
    @ Ashpolt Why do you say things like

    "But as Rainhands says, I'll believe it when / if I play it", suggesting you might not play this game. For someone so uncertain of whether or not they are going to play a game you sure spend a lot of time posting on the forums
    implying you can't die before the game is released

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Partydrank
    @ Ashpolt Why do you say things like

    "But as Rainhands says, I'll believe it when / if I play it", suggesting you might not play this game. For someone so uncertain of whether or not they are going to play a game you sure spend a lot of time posting on the forums
    I hang around on the forums for news, and because I like some of the people here. I'm waiting for news that will tip me off the fence one way or another.

    Also this place is good for relieving boredom.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    I think the single player should be 3 hours, and the rest should be available in 2 hour DLC chunks. That gives the consumer more freedom, choice, and power.
    Alan Wake tried very hard to do this. Release a 7 hour game at 60 and sell single chapters for like 7$ each. The only got to 2 before they realized it was a horrible idea.

  20. #20
    Or SIN episodes those guys didn't even get past one.

    Edit. it also seems that DA 2 was pretty much designed to be this.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    oh my that is a serious face. lol'ed

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by Reven
    Or SIN episodes those guys didn't even get past one.

    Edit. it also seems that DA 2 was pretty much designed to be this.
    Every game by Bioware is an attempt to do this. Those guys are obsessed with dlc

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Every game by Bioware is an attempt to do this. Those guys are obsessed with dlc
    This is EA's big DLC test to see if people will take it...and they will. its a little suprising that DA 2 came out almost a month ago now and there is no mention of DLC for it yet. must be a record of something for them.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by Reven
    This is EA's big DLC test to see if people will take it...and they will. its a little suprising that DA 2 came out almost a month ago now and there is no mention of DLC for it yet. must be a record of something for them.
    ...Except that it had day one DLC in the form of The Exiled Prince, not to mention an absolute ton of stuff that you could get from pre-ordering, playing the demo, buying the special edition, owning Dead Space 2, etc etc.

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    ...Except that it had day one DLC in the form of The Exiled Prince, not to mention an absolute ton of stuff that you could get from pre-ordering, playing the demo, buying the special edition, owning Dead Space 2, etc etc.
    True Ashpolt but that was the "bribes" (but damn good marketing) quickly followed by launch day DLC that EA loves to do so much. its almost been a month and no new party member to fawn over or "bowels of kirkwall" DLC on the horizon that is interesting.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last