Thread: Doing a Video Playthrough of The Original, Any Tips?

Doing a Video Playthrough of The Original, Any Tips?

So my brother Matthew and I are doing a playthrough of the origianl english version of Final Fantasy and any more than interesting tips would be helpful. I've beaten the game five times before, but my last run was over three yeas ago and I just now found out that the respond time at the title screen can make the game go so much faster. Using a Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, and Red Mage and am only just after the Marsh Cave. Spent way more time than necessary getting there because my brother was holding the controller and is an absolute moron that horses around too much. If you know anything cool let me know.

I used Fighter, Thief, White Mage and Red Mage, and I know I abused the Peninsula of Power a lot.

From my latest play-through of the PSP version.

Originally Posted by Tiael

I used Fighter, Thief, White Mage and Red Mage, and I know I abused the Peninsula of Power a lot.

I prefer playing the original, just feels so nostalgic for me since my parents had it and I grew up on it. As for team, even before I started reading 8-bit theatre, I had always used that team and it works for me. Might have to run through with four white mages sometime just for the hell of it.

Originally Posted by Thomas

Originally Posted by Tiael

I prefer playing the original, just feels so nostalgic for me since my parents had it and I grew up on it. As for team, even before I started reading 8-bit theatre, I had always used that team and it works for me. Might have to run through with four white mages sometime just for the hell of it.

Yeah, I played the original NES version of that and DQ at 5, grew up with the series as it is heh.

Still enjoy playing the originals here and there, but like the extras and the spruced up graphics of the Anniversary re-releases.

I like a lot about the Anniversary version, but cannot for the life of me get on board with replacing the Magic system with standard MP.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

I like a lot about the Anniversary version, but cannot for the life of me get on board with replacing the Magic system with standard MP.

I never really had that problem since it was the first one I played. It was a nice reprieve once I jumped to IV afterwards though.

I always liked my powerhouse team. Fighter, Fighter, Fighter, Red Mage. Almost felt like cheating.

Originally Posted by Ilera
    I always liked my powerhouse team. Fighter, Fighter, Fighter, Red Mage. Almost felt like cheating.
    But that team isn't even fun to play with.

Originally Posted by Thomas
    Originally Posted by Ilera
    But that team isn't even fun to play with.
    Sure it is. Just have to find ways to make things interesting. Give them different weapons, and spells when they level up. They all gained different hps and strengths, so it was fun to find out which meat shield was going to be the most effective. And I always imagined that these 3 gung-ho guys would perk up every time they found a new place to go and beat things up, dragging behind this poor lil Red Mage to bandage up their wounds. The poor mage doesn't want to go down the scary dungeon but doesn't have much choice when faced with the muscle-trio. Fun comes in many varieties.

I like doing full White/Black Mage party playthroughs more. That's where the single party set-up can get really interesting.

Yes, I think that as well.

I have White/Black Mage, Monk (no equipment = money saving) and Fighter [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

Currently I can almost get to the final boss, but I want to clear the optional dungeons before.

All I can say is to prepare well against some bosses like Omega (if you have the newer version) if you don't want to start a whole dungeon from scratch, like myself. Always have many items, look for the airship as soon as possible and... have fun!

Originally Posted by Ety

I have White/Black Mage, Monk (no equipment = money saving) and Fighter

you so much don't need to worry about money in this game