View Poll Results: Still buying the game?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wasn't planning to.

    9 4.52%
  • Was planning to, but not after recent news.

    43 21.61%
  • Buying the game anyways.

    96 48.24%
  • Undecided.

    51 25.63%

Thread: Still buying?

Still buying?

  1. #101
    Originally Posted by Senka
    Haven't cancelled my ridiculously cheap pre order... yet.
    ridiculously cheap?
    what's the cost difference?

  2. #102
    I will still buy it but I am kinda worried about hte PC version of the game. I hope we get to see some PC footage soon or at least some info about the port.
    If you want to make enemies try to change something...

  3. #103
    Originally Posted by auric
    ridiculously cheap?
    what's the cost difference?
    'twas 29,95£ for Augmented Edition.
    DXHR: 11/10 GOTY EVERY YEAR ALL YEARS. USA CANADA IS DOMINATE!
    THIS SIGNATURE COULD HAVE BEEN HIGHLIGHTED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.

  4. #104
    I voted buying because if I honestly put in enough effort to weigh every pro and con of every purchase I make above 50$, I would waste soooooo much time. They aren't making a cod clone like MoH or homefront so just for that I feel ok supporting a different idea, even if it isn't 100% to my liking yet. If it does well, there's always the sequel.

  5. Originally Posted by K^2
    So if there is no demo?
    If there is no demo, especially BEFORE release, then I think it's safe to say that I won't be purchasing DXHR.

    The last game I was anticipating that was supposed to have a demo before release but had its demo canceled was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, and when I made the mistake of purchasing that game without playing a demo beforehand, I soon discovered why the marketing guys at Codemasters opted to not release a demo.

    In my experience, MOST devs don't release a demo because they don't want to risk losing sales as a result. The only other reason MOST of the time is to maintain hype for high-profile games.
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

  6. #106
    Originally Posted by Red
    'twas 29,95£ for Augmented Edition.
    How much is that in Aus?

    I tried converting, it confused me. Changing 29.95 to 2995 for what reason I don't know, lol
    which leads to 4000

    if its just 30£ =$40
    how come buying in Au directly costs $99 for pre-order?

  7. #107
    Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Machina
    If there is no demo, especially BEFORE release, then I think it's safe to say that I won't be purchasing DXHR.

    The last game I was anticipating that was supposed to have a demo before release but had its demo canceled was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, and when I made the mistake of purchasing that game without playing a demo beforehand, I soon discovered why the marketing guys at Codemasters opted to not release a demo.

    In my experience, MOST devs don't release a demo because they don't want to risk losing sales as a result. The only other reason MOST of the time is to maintain hype for high-profile games.
    To be honest, deciding if you'll buy a game based upon it's demo alone is silly either way. Even if the demo of a game is amazing, the full game can dissapoint and vice versa.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    7,374
    Originally Posted by Zakka
    To be honest, deciding if you'll buy a game based upon it's demo alone is silly either way. Even if the demo of a game is amazing, the full game can dissapoint and vice versa.
    There's a certain amount of risk in anything. The more educated you can make your guess before dropping the cash, the better. Though yes it is a little silly to base the buying decision on the demo alone.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,032
    Originally Posted by auric
    How much is that in Aus?

    I tried converting, it confused me. Changing 29.95 to 2995 for what reason I don't know, lol
    which leads to 4000

    if its just 30£ =$40
    how come buying in Au directly costs $99 for pre-order?
    I got it when it was cheap which equaled $50 aud. Not bad since EB games (the swines) are trying to pilfer the Augmented edition for $120.
    Originally Posted by MrFoxter
    Reading news about DX:HR is like watching a soap opera. My daily amount of emotions has been exceeded.

  10. #110
    not much goes higher than $99 here, even StarCraft II don't go higher than it.

  11. #111
    Undecided.
    After the gameplay trailer this game went from my "buy at launch" list into my "take a few steps back and see if it explodes" list.
    Alpha protocol ended up doing the same thing, i finally bought it 3 weeks back for 20€ (new, pc version, was on sale), and frankly, i can't say i regret the decision of waiting (wish i had done the same with Dragon Age 2, oh Bioware, why have you failed me ), i will most likely end up buying DE:HR, eventually, maybe even at launch (depends on how it meshes with SW:TOR launch, if they're close i will most likely end up waiting for SW:TOR instead unless a miracle happens).

  12. #112
    who the hell makes a thread like this when we are trying to get a point across with the highlighting? if enough say it, ill buy it anyways they might think it's not worth removing it.

  13. #113
    I personally looking forward to DX3 as a interesting game, but not really as a real DEUS EX game. There's just too many things that go wrong and I think, the third DX will disappear from the memory of many players as fast as the bad second DX.

    So if I really buy this game, then not for the full-price.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,084
    Originally Posted by Stormwolf
    who the hell makes a thread like this when we are trying to get a point across with the highlighting? if enough say it, ill buy it anyways they might think it's not worth removing it.
    Because 30 people who changed their mind about buying the game make a bigger impact than 300 who just complain about it.

  15. #115
    Originally Posted by K^2
    Because 30 people who changed their mind about buying the game make a bigger impact than 300 who just complain about it.
    you say that as if we complain just to complain when that couldn't be farther from the truth (atleast me anyway).

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,084
    Originally Posted by Stormwolf
    you say that as if we complain just to complain when that couldn't be farther from the truth (atleast me anyway).
    I know a lot of people are serious, but most people aren't. Developers know that people who come by the forum, even if just to complain, are very likely to buy the game anyways. 300 people saying, "No, we do not like this," is not going to change their mind.

    Of course, of the 30 people who said they won't buy, 2/3 will buy anyways, leaving a tiny margin of people who are actually going to stick with it. And yet, that's still far more significant than complaints.

  17. #117
    Of course I'm still buying this. I don't understand threads like this or their purpose.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,084
    Originally Posted by Shaltiar
    Of course I'm still buying this. I don't understand threads like this or their purpose.
    To show that there are still people who care about the actual gameplay, not whether or not it has a book and a comic to tie into the story. But if these are all you personally care about, I do not expect anything else from you.

  19. #119
    How can anyone comment about gameplay when they haven't played it yet?

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Mythical City on the Hill
    Posts
    3,671
    Originally Posted by Shaltiar
    Of course I'm still buying this. I don't understand threads like this or their purpose.
    That is because you are too simple minded.


    I'm still undecided, but I'll most likely wait for it to go down in price. After seeing the gameplay I think it looks like it has a good atmosphere, however I'm not so sure about the gameplay. I can't judge it properly, since I've seen no exploration gameplay... 45% buying on release (depending on future gameplay trailers/demo) and 70% after release.
    90% buying the soundtrack.

    (click image to enlarge)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,084
    Originally Posted by Shaltiar
    How can anyone comment about gameplay when they haven't played it yet?
    Oh, I don't know, maybe by having played hundreds of games before? Better yet, having seen videos, PR spins, and pre-release hypes, and then having played them?

    There is nothing revolutionary about HR. We've seen all of the elements before. Highlighting was in Thief DS, which a lot of people here are familiar with. It was bad there, and it's even worse in HR. Health regeneration is in just about every frigin' game these days. You really don't need to stretch imagination to know how that's going to work out. Line of sight stealth? Takedowns? Augmentations for experience points? Which part of it are we supposed to not know in terms of gameplay?

    Sure, the way all these elements blend is not entirely predictable. But if you take a bunch of elements that do not fit the genre, their blend won't fit the genre either. Especially, when so little thought is put into solving game design problems.

  22. #122
    Originally Posted by JCpie
    That is because you are too simple minded.
    Simple minded enough to insult someone on an internet forum? Yeah that's me.

    Originally Posted by K^2
    Oh, I don't know, maybe by having played hundreds of games before? Better yet, having seen videos, PR spins, and pre-release hypes, and then having played them?

    There is nothing revolutionary about HR. We've seen all of the elements before. Highlighting was in Thief DS, which a lot of people here are familiar with. It was bad there, and it's even worse in HR. Health regeneration is in just about every frigin' game these days. You really don't need to stretch imagination to know how that's going to work out. Line of sight stealth? Takedowns? Augmentations for experience points? Which part of it are we supposed to not know in terms of gameplay?

    Sure, the way all these elements blend is not entirely predictable. But if you take a bunch of elements that do not fit the genre, their blend won't fit the genre either. Especially, when so little thought is put into solving game design problems.
    My bad. This is my first game ever. My mistake.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,084
    Originally Posted by Shaltiar
    Simple minded enough to insult someone on an internet forum? Yeah that's me.
    It took me all of 30 seconds to look through all of your posts here, and I really see no reason to disagree with JCpie's diagnosis. You are not making a good case for the opposite when you are totally sure about buying a game whose gameplay, according to you, you know nothing about.
    My bad. This is my first game ever. My mistake.
    Your first forum as well, apparently. There is an edit button.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by JCpie
    That is because you are too simple minded.
    Originally Posted by K^2
    Your first forum as well, apparently. There is an edit button.
    Be gentle with the newbies please.


    Originally Posted by Senka
    Haven't cancelled my ridiculously cheap pre order... yet.
    May I make a request? If you do decide you no longer want the game, please keep the order active and I'll buy it off you (assuming you can have it sent, as a gift, to an alternative address). The initial pre-order price was an amazing offer and too good to miss. Thank you.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Mythical City on the Hill
    Posts
    3,671
    Originally Posted by Shaltiar
    Simple minded enough to insult someone on an internet forum? Yeah that's me.
    Last time I heard, 'Yo' mama' jokes were the top of the range insults...

    I meant no offence, but maybe you misinterpreted it...


    'cause it's true?

    (click image to enlarge)

Page 5 of 10 First First 123456789 ... Last