Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... Last

Thread: PC version of DX:HR also being developed by 'partner studio' - NIXXES

PC version of DX:HR also being developed by 'partner studio' - NIXXES

PC version of DX:HR also being developed by 'partner studio' - NIXXES

http://www.shacknews.com/article/678...eidos-montreal
    When asked whether or not the PC version was developed in-house, Dugas told Shack: "No. Well, it was done in-house, but with a partnership." According to Dugas, Eidos Montreal will utilize the services of Netherlands-based developer Nixxes Software BV to bring Human Revolution to PC gamers this August.

*Moderator Edit/FYI*

May 2011 Update:

Originally Posted by Coyotegrey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouu5uYvP7co

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Nixxes connection explained

Originally Posted by Coyotegrey
    The facts are out there, and have been reiterated dozens of times on many forums and news posts. But sometimes doom and gloom occupy people's minds, kicking all reasoning out the door.

We stand by what JF said:

"All the design and changes to the design has been done in Montreal and sent to them. We review the builds. We review and then give comments about what works and what doesn't. It's the same process. It's the exact same process, except that the programmers aren't in the same office. It's the same game and the same creative team taking care of it."

As many people have said, Nixxes is very good at what they do. How good? Well...

I've said before that many of us have played the PC version, and we loved it. As a self-described hardcore PC gamer who built his PC, overclocks it, and has a Steam account filled with hundreds of titles, I hope what I say carries weight when I admit that the PC version is definitely my favorite of the three.

2. Their resume is surprisingly absent of First Person Shooters and RPGs.
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

0.o

Field trip!

"For a number of years, Nixxes has been the go-to team for Eidos' multi-platform release calendar. Most recently, Nixxes helped deliver the PS3 and PC version of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, a "full featured PC port" of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, and porting the PS3 and PC versions of Tomb Raider Underworld."

This does not sound good at all. I've had the displeasure of testing one of these "ports", and it was absolutely horrendous. Mouse acceleration and mouse lag is definitely in. Expect poor menus and interface as well as limited customization of graphics.

5. Originally Posted by uberajnn
    "For a number of years, Nixxes has been the go-to team for Eidos' multi-platform release calendar. Most recently, Nixxes helped deliver the PS3 and PC version of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, a "full featured PC port" of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, and porting the PS3 and PC versions of Tomb Raider Underworld."

This does not sound good at all. I've had the displeasure of testing one of these "ports", and it was absolutely horrendous. Mouse acceleration and mouse lag is definitely in. Expect poor menus and interface as well as limited customization of graphics.
    So consolization of the PC version is now confirmed.

Great job, EM!
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

So, we have partial explanation to why there is no PC footage
    Relics
    Dota 2 invites left: 16

Kayne and lynch 2
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1554/deusexhumanrevolutionna.jpg
    the best dx hr screenshot there is no one has seen it!

Uh oh...

Oh god! So the game is actually being ported from consoles to the PC after all?
    Oh joy, I can't wait for a "PRESS START" to greet me on the DX:HR main menu on my PC.

Am I the only one who, when was introduced to HR two years ago, read that IT WILL BE A PC EXCLUSIVE because of it's vast and enormous gameplay content!!!???? Only later was added that it would also be console playable!
    Now we have come to a moment where HR turns to be console exclusive and a PC port!!

Exactly what kind of sabotage is this???

Confirmed: I will no longer be buying DX:HR.

Oh well, at least Skyrim looks be living up to its PC roots. Let's just hope they don't make any terribad decisions like Eidos Montreal did. I am not exaggerating when I say this, but this whole development cycle seems much more screwed up than Invisible War's ever did.

Originally Posted by mahmoudd

Originally Posted by nordoM
    Oh god! So the game is actually being ported from consoles to the PC after all?
    Oh joy, I can't wait for a "PRESS START" to greet me on the DX:HR main menu on my PC.
    Yep. It definitely sounds like it is being ported instead of being developed at the same time as the consoles.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Oh for God's sake.

Eidos Montreal, how can you possibly claim that the PC version is not a port when you're developing the console versions yourselves and outsourcing the PC version?

This is, without hyperbole, the worst news I've heard regarding this game, and shows the repeated assurances that the PC version wouldn't be a port for the out-and-out lies that they are. I'm not going to sugarcoat it: Eidos Montreal have actively lied to us about this. As far as I'm concerned, any measure of goodwill they've built up is now gone for me, and they'll have to perform a frakking miracle to get my money now.

I don't see the big problem here. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were console ports that had big maps and endless hours of content. Whether you bought it on an XBOX or PC you would not be disappointed.

I hope they put 'press start' in the PC version. If you are so shallow as to recoil in disgust over a little mistake like that then you are a shallow gamer and would never appreciate Deus Ex anyway. The only issue that comes into play is graphics, but from the images we have already seen I would not get my hopes up. They are decent at least.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Oh for God's sake.

Eidos Montreal, how can you possibly claim that the PC version is not a port when you're developing the console versions and outsourcing the PC version?

This is, without hyperbole, the worst news I've heard regarding this game, and shows the repeated assurances that the PC version wouldn't be a port for the out-and-out lies that they are. I'm not going to sugarcoat it: Eidos Montreal have actively lied to us about this. As far as I'm concerned, any measure of goodwill they've built up is now gone for me, and they'll have to perform a frakking miracle to get my money now.
    OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Whompa
    OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frak off. Sure this won't affect my real life in any significant way, but as far as news about this game goes, this pretty much is as bad as it gets. If you don't care, great for you, but there's no need for your snide comments.

Originally Posted by Rainhands
    I don't see the big problem here. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were console ports that had big maps and endless hours of content. Whether you bought it on an XBOX or PC you would not be disappointed.
    They weren't ported by third party studios, however. And the portfolio of Nixxes doesn't look promising at all.

Originally Posted by Rainhands

I hope they put 'press start' in the PC version. If you are so shallow as to recoil in disgust over a little mistake like that then you are a shallow gamer and would never appreciate Deus Ex anyway. The only issue that comes into play is graphics, but from the images we have already seen I would not get my hopes up. They are decent at least.
    just look at the past of the studio responsible to port the game

hahahahaahahahahahahahahhahah we win !!!!!!!!!! this news makes ME happy now i know i'm getting the BETTER experience .

Wait... what the hell? Doesn't this go counter to absolutely everything that was said before?

Originally Posted by dopenasty
    hahahahaahahahahahahahahhahah we win !!!!!!!!!! this news makes ME happy now i know i'm getting the BETTER experience .
    Dumbed down experience.

Originally Posted by Rindill the Red
    Wait... what the hell? Doesn't this go counter to absolutely everything that was said before?
    Welcome to Pee aRe. Besides...

We don't know how it will turn out.

So, does this mean Eidos Montreal is almost literally spreading their cheeks and crapping on PC gamers? They talk about not being able to handle three platforms so why not build it on PC and then port it to consoles?

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Oh for God's sake.

Eidos Montreal, how can you possibly claim that the PC version is not a port when you're developing the console versions yourselves and outsourcing the PC version?

And yet again Ashpolt proves he has no idea what he's talking about even when he's on the right side of the issue. Good Job!

What's troubling about this isn't the practice of using a sister studio for PC development. Farming out the PC or console builds to a third party generally results in better games because it means there's a dedicated team working concurrently with the core team on a dedicated PC build rather than simply porting the console build to the PC at the end of development like you would with, y'know, a port.

What's troubling about this is that the studio they're farming it out to is terrible.

Originally Posted by dopenasty
    Maybe if you ask EM kindly they could send you the OTHER BRAIN HEMISPHERE along with DX:HR...

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... Last