Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Razielim UVC (Underground Vampire City)

Razielim UVC (Underground Vampire City)

Razielim UVC (Underground Vampire City)

Finally we're seeing progress on a new map, set in Vampire territory - one of the havens of the Razielim. Is this the underground vault where Eskandor and his ilk were secreted?

(click image to enlarge)

Raziel's sword from his toy now in 'cannon'

(click image to enlarge)

The Vampire Priestess is remembered - although given this would be long before she could be alive for her supposed inclusion in a fight against a returning Raziel begs the question of her revised origins here.

So what is everyone looking forward to most, or want to see? New music for Vampire areas as opposed to the human ones? Ozar Midrasim inspired perhaps?
    Last edited by CountEyokir; 17th Apr 2014 at 16:32. Reason: added thumb code to pics

Before the discussion begins, let me just say that most of this concept art is still in the early stages, or isn't 100% reflective of the final product. So before anyone mentions that Raziel doesn't look enough like David Bowie, I am aware of it and it will be fixed in the final.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Before the discussion begins, let me just say that most of this concept art is still in the early stages, or isn't 100% reflective of the final product. So before anyone mentions that Raziel doesn't look enough like David Bowie, I am aware of it and it will be fixed in the final.
    Can't say I thought Raziel looked like David Bowie. I always thought Turel looked like Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine but that's just me

I took some pics of the evolved vampire skins, but don't have anywhere to host them.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by CountEyokir
    this would be long before she could be alive for her supposed inclusion in a fight against a returning Raziel
    Would it, indeed?
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Would it, indeed?
    Well it would have to be. This place was built when the Razielim were at the height of their power so for a statue of the priestess to be here, she couldn't have been around to fight Raziel himself unless she was over a thousand years old

It could be a job/title passed down through the generations unless there's been something mentioned elsewhere about her being able to live that long.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    It could be a job/title passed down through the generations unless there's been something mentioned elsewhere about her being able to live that long.
    That would make more sense - especially if the grab is ceremonial

The folks from Eidos know everything there is to know about the Priestess that's out there in public, and a thing or two that isn't yet out there, as well. Without getting into the details, I'd just say she has more than enough time on her hands to pose for old statues.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

CountEyokir, please use the thumb code when posting large pics so as not to stretch the forum boarders. Thanks.

Originally Posted by The_Hylden
    CountEyokir, please use the thumb code when posting large pics so as not to stretch the forum boarders. Thanks.
    Didn't actually know that existed. My bad

Can't say I thought Raziel looked like David Bowie.
    I didn't either, but then again ...

AWESOME can’t wait to see this area in game! It’s going to be EPIC to see!

The statue looks well cool and the sword lol good it’s included somewhere now other than just on the action-figure…and the fountain looks neat – going to be so cool seeing that spew some of the red life giving goo …shame as a vamp you wouldn’t be able to use it…as it would make them too over-powered.

…really want to see a proper Blood Fountain now though

I took some pics of the evolved vampire skins, but don't have anywhere to host them.
    I chuck my pics in a Photobucket account – it’s free and can hold lots think The_Hylden showed me that one

Can't say I thought Raziel looked like David Bowie. I always thought Turel looked like Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine but that's just me
    Ah I can indeed see the resemblence with Dukat, never thought of that before.

I always did see Bowie in raziel. But then again I'm a massive Bowie fan so that might be why...
    This picture shows a resemblence: Raziel Bowie

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    AWESOME can’t wait to see this area in game! It’s going to be EPIC to see!

The statue looks well cool and the sword lol good it’s included somewhere now other than just on the action-figure…and the fountain looks neat – going to be so cool seeing that spew some of the red life giving goo …shame as a vamp you wouldn’t be able to use it…as it would make them too over-powered.

…really want to see a proper Blood Fountain now though

I chuck my pics in a Photobucket account – it’s free and can hold lots think The_Hylden showed me that one
    I thought the fountain in the pic was meant to be real one like from BO1. If it's not, though I'd like to see one near Ushtenheim(sp?). I always thought it would be neat if the blood from the fire forge flowed down from there into a blood fountain. Plus the blood would look great on the snow.

I thought the fountain in the pic was meant to be real one like from BO1.
    Oh maybe it's supposed to be…if it is supposed to be a proper one then I’d like it to look more like the originals…

(click image to enlarge)
    (even though this pic is technically from a deleted one...it's the only one I've found that shows the full fountain - really hoping that thumb code worked too as I had to enter it manually lol)

...needs skulls...needs to be massive! Yeah - needs to be more epic!! These were like one of the most awesome things ever from BO1!!! Needs the creepy voice too “the blood of ages flows so sweet – come drink from us” just because

(If it does look more like that – please ignore me…I viewed the pic on my phone and it was really really really tiny).

If it's not, though I'd like to see one near Ushtenheim(sp?). I always thought it would be neat if the blood from the fire forge flowed down from there into a blood fountain. Plus the blood would look great on the snow.
    That would be amazing! And seeing the blood on the snow...*thinks back to 30 Days of Night* pure awesome colour contrast!

I put them here.

I thought the fountain in the pic was meant to be real one like from BO1.
    No, it's not - the term "blood fountain" here is being used in a more descriptive, generic way. As Lucinvampire correctly points out, ancient Blood Fountains are massive and are decorated with horned skulls.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    No, it's not - the term "blood fountain" here is being used in a more descriptive, generic way. As Lucinvampire correctly points out, ancient Blood Fountains are massive and are decorated with horned skulls.
    Please please please please please PLEASE can we get to see one of these at some point *begs on hands and knees*

It'd be cool for a Prophet inspired area of a map oh with lots of bones and voodoo/magic type things hanging around...from where the Prophets have put up a protective ward to try to keep away the vamps – have a healing station there think that’d be pretty cool!

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    In that case, I think the Uschtenheim area or somewhere close to Janos retreat would be a great place for one because of the possible link to the fire forge. Maybe to save it from causing gameplay issues, the vampires can't drink it due to it being frozen.

EDIT: I just googled what frozen blood looks like. It actually looks kind of cool (no pun intended) and would be the perfect explanation for why the vampires can't have an unfair advantage in that level.

There are hints in the cut dialogue that she may be longer living than your average human and had learned some sorcery. Along with her appearance in the SR1 comic, you could certainly suggest she had some longevity from her service.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 17th Apr 2014 at 14:06.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Oooh, what if she steals new bodies when her current one wears out?

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    There are hints in the cut dialogue that she may be longer living than your average human and had learned some sorcery. Along with her appearance in the SR1 comic, you could certainly suggest she had some longevity from her service.
    Elder God: In her long service to her vampire masters, the Priestess had learned a measure of sorcery. In devouring her soul this power is conferred on you. You may project your spirit and in so doing, take possession of your victim's body.

Originally Posted by nehemoth
    Great thank you ! The hands of the reaver seem a little bit too big no ?

Oooh, what if she steals new bodies when her current one wears out?
    Now there's an idea. Yo, SE! If you wanna revive some sort of Dead Sun concept with a body jumping main character transferring their soul around, might I suggest this as an alternative to Mr. Dante Raziel?

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last