Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questionnaire is up

sok27 is offline Former Crystal Dynamics Community Manager

Questionnaire is up

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for your patience, the questionnaire can be found at

www.tombraider.com - click on the community questionnaire link

We will be giving away one copy of the January 2011 Tomb Raider issue, signed by the entire Crystal Dynamics development team to one lucky participant.

We appreciate everyones support. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Scott
    @sokrox

Nice!!!! Just submitted mine!
    signature image

I also did mine

I've just submitted my questioner. I've answered all the question apart from one which didn't seem clear for me: "Which game stopped you in your tracks?" Do you guys mean a game that caught my attention or something like that?
    Nonetheless, it was great to take part in a survey, hope it'll be useful for you guys.

Submitted. Thanks for doing that, sok. It's nice to see a game company who asks for feedback from fans and actually pays attention to it. Wish other companies would do that (I'm talking about YOU, Konami! )
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    I've just submitted my questioner. I've answered all the question apart from one which didn't seem clear for me: "Which game stopped you in your tracks?" Do you guys mean a game that caught my attention or something like that?
    Nonetheless, it was great to take part in a survey, hope it'll be useful for you guys.
    Yeah, I didn't quite understand that one :-s
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    It's basically asking if there was a game that completly stumped you and couldn't complete. This would be because of a puzzle you couldn't solve, or a boss fight you just couldn't win no matter what you tried.

Anyway, I submitted my questionaire. For the wish that you have most for DLC, I said having the mansion again. I acknowledged it doesn't fit with this castaway survival theme, but I also came up with a compromise.

Instead of being a DLC, that it's an unlockable, which can ONLY be unlocked upon completion of the game. Then it can be a preview of the home she returns to after escaping the island and returning to civilization.

And this is what I wrote as my final comment

"I was sceptical at first about this reboot, the second to occur. But now I am LOVING the new Lara, keep taking her in this realistic direction. I really hope to see her more humanized, be able to make emotional connections to people, have a sense of mortality that she is in risk when she platforms and combats mercenaries.

And while this reboot means "forget everything you know about Lara", I feel that reboots work when they retain a sense of familiarity, just presented in a modernized re-imagined way.

If there is one thing I think is essential to retain from her old days, is wearing dresses, like in Tokyo and the Opera House. Why? Not in just the beauty of Lara but it also added layers to her personality and diversified her image. It's an important part of her aristocratic background, it makes her more complex that she can be this rugged outdoors adventurer AND a very elegant and sophisticated lady. There are many 'tough' female characters, but few who also add an element of class and sophistication.

This is what set Lara apart from other female protagonists in games, that complexity and diversity, that she could be feminine on her own terms and it never compromised her strength or integrity.

I realize that has no place in *this* upcoming game, but as the series is rebooted and starting new from here, as part of the direction it takes across the games to follow, NEVER let Lara's personality of sophistication be lost in this re-imagining of the most iconic female character. It would be tragic if she was reformatted to be just another 'tough super adventurer'.

And thanks for this opportunity to let the fans share and contribute "
    signature image

Been there, done that.

Done and dusted.

aaah i thought it meant what game stopped you in your tracks as in what game made you stop everything you was doing just to play it or a trailer that captivated you, ah well, im sure the feedback is still helpful :P

been waiting for this questionnaire for ages ,
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    aaah i thought it meant what game stopped you in your tracks as in what game made you stop everything you was doing just to play it or a trailer that captivated you, ah well, im sure the feedback is still helpful :P

I thought the same thing!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post

LOL! I thought that too and my answer was heavy rain

The others questions are good, glad to help.

And dont forget, death to DLCs

Thanks Scott, submitted mine.

And "stopped you in your tracks" means something that was so fantastic you just stopped everything and admired it. You know that beautiful girl walking down the street (or handsome guy) that has you standing there like some dummy with your tongue hanging out drooling. Well Scott wanted to know if there were any games or game advertisements that had that effect on you. That adverts was in there should have hinted he was not asking for an advert that you were stuck on. I know it did not translate that well for those who are not native English speakers, pity about that, it is just one of those unique phrases.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

I put my survey in. I said about wanting figures as giveaways and vouched for the right of every console owner to get any DLC's. I also stuck up for the properties and characterics of classic Lara so hopefully she will not be completely lost in these waves of change.

^^ I assumed that question also meant what was amazing advertising and also what stood out for being truly awful. I put the Portal 2 trailers for their comedy and the Skyrim one for its epicness, and then put the Dead Space 2 ads about how "your mum will hate it" as terrible advertising to not follow.

I was glad to see that I'm not the only one who went on a bit on the feedbacks box at the end. They're going to have a lot of data to sort through.
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn2 View Post
    LOL! I thought that too and my answer was heavy rain

The others questions are good, glad to help.

And dont forget, death to DLCs
    OMG, I answered Heavy Rain too!! XD
    Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine...what once was mine.

Haha! I also thought that particular question was asking which game impressed me the most. I'm glad that I'm not the only one!

I mentioned the mansion as well! Haha xD have fun reading those submissions Scott!
    And DLC's indeed blah! xD

Hahaha it's Scott's fault!!! He puts some difficult words that we cannot understand!
    I would love to see what did we answer at this question :P

Well I first didn't understand it either, so I googled it So that helped.

jst done it , it was pretty cool
    signature image

Great. I'm glad that SE/CD is considering our wishes.
    Submitted my answers and my site

I really want hand-to-hand combat in this one who agrees
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by xXTombRaiderXx View Post
    I really want hand-to-hand combat in this one who agrees
    Α combination of hand-to-hand with some stealth would be somemething great i think. The scenario of the new game could support some close combats and stealthy moves.

A scared Lara hiding in the shadows, waiting for the enemies to spread arround so she can pass unnoticed otherwise she will be killed.
    Cool
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by sok27 View Post
    Hi Everyone:

Thanks for your patience, the questionnaire can be found at

www.tombraider.com - click on the community questionnaire link

We will be giving away one copy of the January 2011 Tomb Raider issue, signed by the entire Crystal Dynamics development team to one lucky participant.

We appreciate everyones support. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Scott
    @sokrox
    i did mine way to late

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast