Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: bad news for upcoming comic-to-movies

bad news for upcoming comic-to-movies

bad news for upcoming comic-to-movies

Aranofsky's dropped out of directing Wolverine sequel

DJ Caruso wants to make Preacher (with Shia Leboeuf)

Double bummer

Is it even wise to film the Wolverine movie with the crisis going on in Japan? I don't know how much Tokyo was even affected, but shouldn't they just take their time with receiving a new director and all.

Originally Posted by Zur-en-ah
    Aranofsky's dropped out of directing Wolverine sequel

DJ Caruso wants to make Preacher (with Shia Leboeuf)

Double bummer
    Screw the Wolverine movie and make a Venom or Deadpool movie.

thats a very good point, Draz

I feel bad now for not even considering Japan's plight what with recent events ... puts everything into context

(still, the Preacher news pisses me off)

Damn. :/
    I was all excited and junk for Wolverine..

Originally Posted by Scarecrow007
    Screw the Wolverine movie and make a Venom or Deadpool movie.
    Why abandon should they abandon a great character for a mediocre character?
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

DJ Caruso wants to make Preacher
    YES!!!

(with Shia Leboeuf)
    WHAT?!?

(faints)

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Why abandon should they abandon a great character for a mediocre character?
    Are you saying that one is a mediocre character? o.O

Originally Posted by Scarecrow007
    Are you saying that one is a mediocre character? o.O
    No, I'm saying two are mediocre characters, specifically Venom and Deadpool. Deadpool is funny but the current Deadpool craze is getting old, fast and I really don't think he should have his own movie. Venom is just blegh, especially as blegh when they made him an anti-hero (though not as blegh as Carnage). Both characters are bland leftovers from the 90s who should be forgotten.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

There have been so many comic movies lately frankly I dont care about those news.

And if Kenobi asks me Wolverine is the first one they should throw out. He is the second most overpraised character after Deadpool. Wolvie sure doesnt deserve lead role in 5 movies although Jackman has been solid.

Really Spiderman and Batman are the only ones I'd accept (though the idea of having each Avengers solo movie first and have them team up sounds interesting but theyre bound to mess up at some point (Edward Norton not being Hulk already happened)) and even then Im not interested about Spidey reboot (sure SM3 got slammed but most of it is because of symbiote/Venom (no Venom is not bad per se but the execution and his storytime were awful IMO SM3 should have ended when Brock got the symbiote or atleast he should have survived to the sequel) and I dont want to see Batman reboot after Nolans trilogy either

No, I'm saying two are mediocre characters, specifically Venom and Deadpool. Deadpool is funny but the current Deadpool craze is getting old, fast and I really don't think he should have his own movie. Venom is just blegh, especially as blegh when they made him an anti-hero (though not as blegh as Carnage). Both characters are bland leftovers from the 90s who should be forgotten.
    I agree with you on Deadpool, but not on Venom. TBH I haven't read any of the mainstream comic books, but if someone made a Venom movie I would like it to based on the Ultimate version of Venom ( seems much more brutal then the amazing version).Though I'm not sure if you could make a good plot for a standalone Venom movie.

Ultimate Venom is pretty good but what makes him good is how closely hes tied to Peter Parker, which would make a Venom solo movie impossible. The idea of a solo Venom movie is stupid because Venom is a villain intimately tied to his arch-nemesis (or hes supposed to be, anyway). He only works as a Spider-Man villain and even then it got really lame really fast. Once it degenerated into the "I'LL EAT YOUR BRAINS" green drool anti-hero crap it was time to put the character down.

As far as Wolverine goes, underneath the Stabby McStabbins perform-ridiculous-feats-of-healing I'm-a-dick-ass super popular crap theres a very deep, very interesting character. Theres a lot of stuff to explore with Wolverine and so far the only movie thats done a good job of it is X2, but I'd like to see a good solo movie based on the character without the producers squeezing in other characters (you can tell they were trying hard with Origins because they shoved in Deadpool and Gambit, who along with Wolverine form some sort of holy trinity of uber-popularity).

In other words, Wolverine is a potential goldmine while Deadpool and Venom quite simply aren't.

In other words, Wolverine is a potential goldmine while Deadpool and Venom quite simply aren't.
    Ok maybe I just too desperate too see a good a cinematic adaption of Venom... seriously Venom in SM3 sucked so much!

That I can admit to, though the rest of the movie wasn't any better.

Spiderman 3 is hated on way to much, seriously, it wasn't a bad movie..

Spider-Man 3 was decent for what it was but it's definitely got some flaws, more for comic fans than for simply movie fans. It ruined the Stacys, Sandman, and Venom, and just got really awkward and confused.

The Spider-Man reboot will be great. It will fix some big things the Raimi films got wrong (Gwen Stacy predates and surpasses Mary Jane as Peter's girlfriend, and he started being Spider-Man at the age of 15 and in high school).

I'll admit I'm unsure of Batman's film future after Nolan leaves but for sure we will likely get more great animated movies like Under The Red Hood and perhaps we'll get lucky and something really cool will happen like Zack Snyder getting to do The Dark Knight Returns. Right now he's on Superman who is included in that book so it might not be terribly far away.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    Spiderman 3 is hated on way to much, seriously, it wasn't a bad movie..
    Yes it was. In fact, it was a terrible movie. A big budget terrible movie with neat special effects but a terrible movie nonetheless. Its a movie thats stupidly bloated with excessive characters who do nothing but stupid things because stupid things are required for the "plot" to move forward. When a movie's story relies on the idiocy of its characters that is a bad movie. When there is more than two and a half hours of bad movie it becomes a terrible movie. The movie's only redeeming qualities are the action scenes which are few and far between because Raimi apparently thinks the most interesting thing Spider-Man can do is divide his time between moping and dancing.

A big fat red [FAIL] stamp on that one.

It's no worse than the 2 other movies.
    It's not a masterpiece, but it doesn't have to, not in my book.

I tell you friend, if the dance scene didn't exist, people would NEVER have flipped their junk about the movie.

Yeah, it was weird.. but when you excuse that, the movie does a pretty good job.

Sandman was developed pretty well. I ended up caring WAY more for him than I did for Dr.Octopus.

Venom? Meh. It wasn't about Venom. Should it have been? Maybe. But it wasn't. It was partially about Eddy Brock, but mostly about the sybiote Venom. The way he took over Peter, and eventually how Peter had to face it.

..but that's just me.

JackWinz, not bagging on your opinion or anything (in fact I sympathize with some of your points regarding SM3), but out of curiosity have you checked out the unrated Spider-Man 2.1? It's only 8 minutes longer than the theatrical cut but makes an amazing difference in an already terrific movie. I've always found the 2nd film to be the best out of the three even before then.

I honestly would not have minded the Sandman sympathy thing so much if they didn't retcon him into being the killer of Uncle Ben. That just ticked me off, it basically screwed with the entire notion of Spider-Man's origin, because what made it so great was that he *could* have prevented it, but *didn't*; with the retcon, it meant there was nothing he could do.

I notice a lot of people seem to believe that if they had just restricted Spider-Man to wearing the black suit in the 3rd film and then used the 4th movie to enter Venom, it would have been a lot better. I share this sentiment.

However, I'm excited for the new series because I noticed that Vermin was claimed to use in a Marvel film back in 2008, but hadn't been pegged for anything yet. This means that a sequel to the reboot could possibly entail Kraven's Last Hunt, or at least set it up.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    JackWinz, not bagging on your opinion or anything (in fact I sympathize with some of your points regarding SM3), but out of curiosity have you checked out the unrated Spider-Man 2.1? It's only 8 minutes longer than the theatrical cut but makes an amazing difference in an already terrific movie. I've always found the 2nd film to be the best out of the three even before then.

I honestly would not have minded the Sandman sympathy thing so much if they didn't retcon him into being the killer of Uncle Ben. That just ticked me off, it basically screwed with the entire notion of Spider-Man's origin, because what made it so great was that he *could* have prevented it, but *didn't*; with the retcon, it meant there was nothing he could do.

I notice a lot of people seem to believe that if they had just restricted Spider-Man to wearing the black suit in the 3rd film and then used the 4th movie to enter Venom, it would have been a lot better. I share this sentiment.

However, I'm excited for the new series because I noticed that Vermin was claimed to use in a Marvel film back in 2008, but hadn't been pegged for anything yet. This means that a sequel to the reboot could possibly entail Kraven's Last Hunt, or at least set it up.

Spiderman 2.1? No, never seen it. o_O
    I'll have to find that..

I totally agree about the changing of the Ben's murder. That was total bull.

The idea of setting up Venom for the 4th would have been.. just.. oh.. man.. That would have been amazing.

Kraven? I don't really care, but I am pumped as hell for this new movie.
    Any Spidey movie, especially somthing new and fresh, I'm there opening night.

Man, I'm telling you, I was not much of a Kraven fan in the past, but that book (Kraven's Last Hunt) totally changed my opinion of him and made him a huge fan. I'd put it in the top 3 best Spider-Man stories ever -- check it out if you can.

Yeah, Spider-Man 2.1 came out just a few years ago. It's got some alternate cuts to some things and a few new scenes along with some ones that are a bit longer (particularly some moreso nasty bits of Spider-Man fighting Dr. Octopus that probably would have scared kids and an extension of the hospital massacre scene). I really recommend it.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    It's no worse than the 2 other movies.
    It's not a masterpiece, but it doesn't have to, not in my book.

I tell you friend, if the dance scene didn't exist, people would NEVER have flipped their junk about the movie.

Yeah, it was weird.. but when you excuse that, the movie does a pretty good job.

Sandman was developed pretty well. I ended up caring WAY more for him than I did for Dr.Octopus.

Venom? Meh. It wasn't about Venom. Should it have been? Maybe. But it wasn't. It was partially about Eddy Brock, but mostly about the sybiote Venom. The way he took over Peter, and eventually how Peter had to face it.

..but that's just me.
    The dance scene is the least of the movie's problems. Oh, wait, which dance scene do you mean? The one in the montage or the one in the club? Because there are two dance scenes in this movie. The one in the montage which everyone seems to pick on is no real problems (aside from being an example of Peter being an assertive weirdo instead of an ass with the suit on). The one in the jazz club? Thats stupid to a very high degree and has no place in a Spider-Man movie. When I watched that scene halfway through I remembered it was a Spider-Man movie. I had forgotten I was watching a Spider-Man movie because that scene was so out of place. But as stupid as it is, its still small fry compared to the real problems.

The real problem is how theres no proper ebb and flow in the story, at all. Instead the whole thing is just a clumpy mess. It literally feels like two different movies cut up and jammed together. You got the Peter-MJ-Gwen things, you got the Harry-Goblin thing, you've got the Sandman thing and you've got the symbiote thing. Now, none of these stories are terrible on their own. There is a moderate application of BS to the wheels to keep the stories rolling but aside from that each plot would be a good story if painted in broad strokes. And maybe two of them could have worked in the movie together. But all tree? No. When they're put together a funny thing happens. Rather than gracefully weave in and out of each other like breeding earthworms the plots act more like rush hour traffic and every one in a while Raimi gives the green light to one lane and the red to another. For example, you've got the Harry Osborn problem right off the bat but you want to introduce Sandman so you conveniently give him amnesia. Using a plot device as tired as amnesis is bad enough (even when Norman was getting amnesia between Goblin fits it was cheesy and that was 40 years ago!), but what they do is they put the red light on that plot so they can put the green light on the Sandman plot.

The Sandman plot is shallow and it really feels like Raimi was trying to get the same thing he got with Doc Ock so he made the Sandman a tragic character. Sorta. We find out that Sandman has a sick daughter and that hes really not a bad guy and blah blah blah. BTW, this is the only thing we ever learn about this character for the rest of the movie. For the rest of the movie he might as well be a walking brick (well, he is but you know what I mean). The only problem is that besides being another cheesy stock plot device that feels like a cheap attempt to garner sympathy, Doc Ock was sympathetic because Peter genuinely looked up to him and liked him, probably because he was shown to be charming, loving, intelligent and overall a nice guy whos dream was to make the world a better place. He was similar to Two-Face in that theres confliction in the hero's feelings when he has to fight him. We sympathize with the character because the hero sympathizes with the character. However, Spider-Man hates Sandman's guts. When he fights Sandman he genuinely wants to kill him. Now, when you have an anti-hero (as Spidey was when he fought Sandman) going up against an anti-villain the lines are blurred a bit and you aren't always sure who to root for. But for most of the movie we believe this guy deliberately killed Uncle Ben. So this dude killed our beloved Uncle Ben just so he could save his corny little daughter? What an ass, let him have both barrels! And then at the end when its revealed it was an accident? That hes not really a bad guy? Hey, this is almost tender! And then you got the crying and the "I forgive you" (which, BTW, killed Spider-Man's motivations to be a hero) and then Sandman flies away. And we never find out what happens to his kid. Ever. Well isn't that nice. We don't even find out what becomes of the little girl who is the guy's sole motivation for going on a crime spree! What kind of a resolution is that? I just see it as more proof that the daughter is a cheap plot device to try to stir up some sympathy for the character and it doesn't work. It fails at its attempted manipulations. I don't nurse a soft spot for tacky storylines so this one falls flat. Oh, and what was the deal with that convenient truck full of sand? And the scientists detecting him in the sand pit but going ahead with the experiment anyway? Stuff like that is the BS that greases the wheels.

But while the Sandman plot failed miserably (which means roughly a third of the movie failed miserably), theres another plot going! Lets look at the Peter-MJ-Gwen mess (we'll get back to Harry soon enough). This plot hinges on the fact that both Peter and MJ are very stupid and irrational people. In the last movie Peter lands himself in the dog house because he misses MJ's play. This time he shows up and is front row center and he still gets in trouble. Why? A BAD REVIEW. Is this a soap opera? I mean, you've already got amnesia, the terminal illness of a youngster, the past being retconned, evil doers from years ago returning magically and now you have MJ *ing at Peter over one bad review. Talk about thin skinned. And then she says it reminds her of her abusive father, which is another tick on the soap opera score board. Then Peter zooms off to stop a crane accident. This is where Gwen Stacy and Eddie Brock are introduced, and where Spidey swings away without stopping the rampaging crane from doing more damage and killing more people (real heroic). After this we find out that MJ got fired from the play due to overwelmingly bad reviews, which doesn't make much sense considering what we hear of her and her replacement. If she was such a weak singer why did they give her the part anyway? This is just a stupid attempt by the writers to give MJ problems to complain about. Then she decides not to tell Peter about this, which is dumb. But Peter has some crap going on by himself. He kisses Gwen Stacy when he knows MJ is watching and its the upside-down kiss to boot. Is Peter an idiot? Is he so clueless about womenfolk that he doesn't realize they don't like it when their dudes kiss other chicks in front of them using their special kiss? Has he decided that the girl hes liked since he was six isn't so hot anymore? I guess not because he cries like a baby when she dumps his stupid ass, which means that hes just very stupid. And then when they have their dinner in the restaurant Peter tries to be a nice guy (though stupid, as he still doesnt seem to understand that he did something wrong) and MJ acts like a bag and leaves. Then later MJ tries to be nice and Peter acts like a wanker. They're playing hot potato with the Idiot Ball here and that is bad storytelling. A little while after this MJ goes to Harry's place and hangs out and has fun and then kisses him before leaving in a hurry. The thing about this scene is I don't know if I'm supposed to be happy for MJ or sad for Peter, neither character has earned my sympathies so far. Thankfully I don't have to take a side because this is never brought up again outside of Harry goading Peter (and since he used to date MJ he'd kissed her before and could just lie and mock Peter anyway) And Gwen Stacy has no damn purpose in this movie either, lets not forget that. Shes a trophy that just stands there to either make MJ jealous or make Eddie Brock jealous, depending on the scene. She has no character in and of herself and is just a tool used to advance the plot because the plot isn't sufficient enough to function on its own.

Enough of the romance thing for now, time to talk symbiotes. This is a plot started very early in the movie and then ignored for a huge portion of time. Why? Because of the traffic lights thing. First Harry had to do his thing, then Sandman and the romance plot did theirs. The Harry plot has been long dormant as well but Sandman needs to be taken care of so they put the romance on hold and bring back the symbiote, which turns Peter's suit black. Right off the bat I want to express how disappointing I was that they took one of the coolest superhero costumes ever and turned it into a black version of Peter's normal suit. Talk about lazy and uninspired. Also, how lazy was it that it came in a meteor that landed just feet from him and neither him (with his Spider sense) or MJ realized it was there? Anyway, Peter gets the symbiote suit, realizes how powerful it makes him and soon after goes after Sandman. Along the way he runs into Eddie Brock who tries to snap a picture of him because of some stupid contest that was mentioned earlier in the movie and never referenced again. Then he fights Sandman in what is a truly awesome fight scene and kills him, conveniently removing the Sandman factor from the story to make room for the resurgance of the Green Goblin plot. Starting to notice a pattern? There are too many plots in the movie so the only way they can handle them is to only run a few of them at any given time. Since Sandman is conveniently dispatched they can lock him out of the movie for as long as they need to! And at the low low price of not being able to establish the character as something more than a walking brick! Oscar winning stuff right here...

Going back to the Goblin plot, Harry's amnesia conveniently wears off right when the movie has time for him again. Huh. He goes to MJ and tells her that if she doesnt do what he says he'll kill Peter, so she breaks up with him and he cries like a little girl. But wait a minute MJ, Peter is Spider-Man! He just executed The Sandman in cold blood and surely the Sandman is tougher than Harry. All this is confirmed a short while later when Peter beats the crap out of Harry while taking minimal damage himself. So MJ broke up with Peter for nothing. Wow. And speaking of the Peter vs Harry fight, WTF is that all about? Why are they in street clothes instead of costumes? I mean, its a superhero movie! Why aren't they doing it superhero style? And why does the movie make it seem like Peter killing Harry is a bad thing? Harry was trying to kill Peter and threw a grenade at him and what was he supposed to do? Chuck it out the window and into the street? And with another "death" another plot is put on hold indefinitely. And now we get into the meat of it, the part that everyone rips on...

The symbiote comes back in full force. Firstly, Peter goes and calls out Eddie Brock (remember him?) on his fraud photo of Spidey. This is another scene meant to show how Peter is slipping into the dark side, but he isn't. Hes exposing a fraud who stole a job from him and compromised the Bugle's journalistic integrity. BTW, I like how Eddie tells Peter to give him a break. What a worm. Then for some reason Peter tells him to go to church if he wants forgiveness when he didn't ask for forgiveness. Huh. Now Peter is the man. Hes got a full-time job, hes single, hes strutting his stuff and eating cookies and generally being a bit of a buffoon. As I said earlier, people rip on this scene all the time and while its stupid time-filler that tries to show Peter as being more of an ass and fails at it, its ultimately harmless cheese and theres a bit of that in all Spidey movies. But then comes the second dance scene, which I talked about earlier. I won't repeat myself here, but I will say that this scene is incredibly stupid because 1) Peter dancing with Gwen at the club isn't a bad thing for him to do, and the fact that he thinks MJ left him for a psychotic who tried to kill him makes his behaviour more justifiable, 2) it proves once and for all that Gwen Stacy is just a tool instead of an actual character and 3) Peter hitting MJ is supposed to be his crossing of a moral line but it was an accident. So while the club scene is supposed to represent a turning point in Peter's story its actually just a stupid bit of waffle. Its also the point where the love plot cuts out until the end of the movie. After this he goes up to a church and then decides to take the suit off. I don't know why he decided to do it there at the top of a bell tower in the middle of his city when he doesn't have anything else to wear rather than in his apartment. Its not like he knows the symbiote is hurt by loud noises. But aside from the stupidity of it the scene is pretty cool.

But wait, theres more stupidity. I'm not going to say Eddie Brock conveniently being in the same church Peter went to is stupid because we saw him outside the club near the church and him seeing Gwen with Peter is apparently what set him off. But what I will say is how stupid he is. He gets a job based on a fraudulent photograph and then justly loses it. He goes on one date with a girl and then freaks out when the guy who lost him his job goes out with her. I can see someone being bitter about that but then hes asking God to kill him? He wants him dead?! Is he seven years old? And the stupidest thing is there is no indication of Eddie being anything other than a dork who wears too much cologne. Now, out of the blue, he wants someone dead? What the hell kind of character development is that? And to think this guy becomes the ultimate villain of the story. Harry repents and becomes a hero and Sandman gets beaten and then comes back perfectly fine before floating away in piece. No, its Eddie who is the ultimate bad guy of the movie. This guy who before now had only a handful of small scenes scattered sparingly throughout the movie where he was nothing but a bit of a jerk. Brilliant writing.

Well before all the Venom crap happened Sandman pulled himself together bringing him back in the movie. So the two of them team up and set a trap using MJ as bait. Again. Can't they think of another ending for these movies? Then comes the biggest boner in the movie: After telling Peter to get lost when he asks for help, the goddamn butler tells him that Spider-Man didn't kill Norman. Note that at this point his quest for vengeance has more or less sunk Oscorp (as Harry said it would be in Spidey 2), almost gotten MJ killed (in Spidey 2), destroyed his friendships with Peter and MJ and gotten his face half blown off. Wow. Thanks Bernard. Now, I know that there was an idea floating around that Bernard would be one of Harry's hallucinations but that was scrapped at some point in production. If they had gone through with that this development would have been a great turning point for Harry. Instead its just a really big fat soap opera deus ex machina.

The final battle itself is alright. Its cool to look at, at least. For once Peter uses his brain in this movie and uses that to beat Venom. But after that more crap with Sandman happens and I've covered that already but theres one thing I haven't: Peter says that hes done bad things, but he hasn't. He hasn't done anything wrong that wasn't an accident. Hes done stupid things and made himself look like an idiot and his accidentally hit Mary Jane but he never did anything bad on purpose. So whats with that? Then at the end Peter and MJ get back together for reasons unbeknownst to me, considering the fact that they don't seem to do anything but bicker and play petty mind games.

In the end this monstrosity runs 139 minutes and most of it is bad and the parts that aren't bad are stupid and the parts that aren't bad or stupid are just eye candy. As far as I'm concerned, the movie is an abomination with nothing in it that makes it worth watching.

I'd like to chime in on a few aspects of your dissection of 3, Ben:

- The Peter-kissing-Gwen thing always seemed to me to be like the symbiote having it's early effects on Peter. Didn't quite goop up his costume yet, or turn Peter into a full-blown... Well... Weird jerk, but just a small piece of things to come.

- I cannot express how much it freaking irritates me that Gwen has gone from being an essential part of Spider-Man's story to practically nonexistant and both this movie and the Ultimate Spider-Man line has proven it. Seriously, ask anybody who doesn't even read comics who she is and they will have no flipping idea, there was a time when Gwen was just as if not more important than Mary Jane. Thankfully the reboot is fixing this flaw and the sadly canceled Spectacular Spider-Man took a similar turn which was one of it's strongest points IMO.

- It's easy to tell that Spider-Man 3 was suffocated by it's many storylines. I would say that The Dark Knight is a good example of how to successfully pull off a complex comic plot in a movie, and Spider-Man 3 is exactly the opposite. With how ambitious they were getting it's clear that they really should have just separated some aspects into sequels but as we can see (probably thankfully) it's just a little too late for that. I would say that continuity is key to try to attain what it meant to correctly but they just screwed it all up by pulling the rug out from under the foundation of the first movie with their gimped take on Sandman.

- I feel a little weird, even guilty for admitting it, but I thought Peter fighting in street clothes was kind of cool. I guess it's because I've seen it in the comics a couple of times and found it really amusing, like in Death Of Jean DeWolff (one of the best Spider-Man stories), and in the story where the Green Goblin discovers Peter's identity and confronts him at his own home, where the battle starts with Goblin in full costume and Peter in street clothes (not unlike the first fight with Harry in the 3rd film) but something the movie missed was that as his regular clothes were getting torn up, his costume underneath was getting exposed, and if the battle had gone on far enough he could have just gone ahead and put his whole costume on. On other occasions he's kept the mask and gloves somewhere easily accessible in case he has only enough time to put just those on, which also looks cool IMO.

- I still think that Raimi suffered from the same creative strangulation that made Joel Schumacher so panned as a Batman director, because the company kept sticking their fingers in the pie and stomping on the director's freedom. Raimi has given us two great Spider-Man movies, and if Sony were wiser they would have just let him keep doing his thing instead of putting pressure on him. It made me so sad that Schumacher, who had done great, dark films like The Lost Boys and Falling Down, and even wanted to adapt Batman: Year One, was basically neutered by the studio and is instead remembered by Batfans as bringing us some of the worst films in the history of Batman media. If Sony hadn't stepped on Raimi we might have still gotten Spider-Man 4, but I'm still optimistic, perhaps even happier that we're getting this reboot instead.

1) The Peter-kissing-Gwen thing can't have anything to do with the symbiote because it hasn't attached itself to him yet. Its just him being stupid.

2) Gwen is always getting the shaft and the worst part is morons saying "Well Gwen isn't important because nobody knwos about her, they know about Mary Jane". Well hey cousin, if Gwen had been in the cartoons and movies from the start instead of MJ everyone would know about her instead. And Movie MJ sucks too, its just Liz Allen in a red wig. SSM was definitely doing it right.

3) While I do think The Dark Knight was a bloated with storylines, it wasn't nearly as bad with it as Spider-Man 3. The problem is in the nature of the medium. You just can't squeeze in so many plot threads into a single movie and expect to effectively set up and resolve them. A lot of The Dark Knight's plots were continued from Batman Begins and will be wrapped up in The Dark Knight Rises, which is why that movie works infinitely better than Spider-Man 3. Spider-Man 3 introduced a bunch of new plots while still wrapping up the plots already set up by the previous two movies. Thats just clumsy.

4) I wouldn't have had a problem with Peter and Harry fighting in street clothes if there wasn't a big lack of Spider-Man content in the movie. I mean, when hes wearing the suit he only gets one big scene with it, the fight with Sandman. The majority of the suit's content is in his private life, which is lame. I'd have liked to see black suit Spidey square off against Green Goblin and give us a little more Spidey action.

5) Its obvious that the Venom plot was shoehorned into the movie. I mean, the black suit barely has any credible effect on Peter and it removing it entirely would make things a lot neater. If the movie cut out Eddie, Gwen and the symbiote and focused on Sandman and Harry and Peter and MJ's turmoil it would have been a lot better. I think a lot of the stupid crap would be gone because a lot of the stupid crap seems like they had to jam it in because they didn't have the time to include more credible and plausible scenarios.

wow lots of essays..
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Page 1 of 2 12 Last