Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: bad news for upcoming comic-to-movies

bad news for upcoming comic-to-movies

Originally Posted by Batman The Trailer Hunter
    wow lots of essays..
    Yeah, sorry about that.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Why abandon should they abandon a great character for a mediocre character?
    Heh tell me about it, who'd you like to replace Aronofsky? Guy Ritchie would make a good choice if you ask me, but yeah Deadpool movie would be really hard to make considering outside of Joe Kelly and his limited MAX run, the guy has no progression for years, well yeah luckily now for the last half a year Rick Remender has shown him as a disturbed assassin who isn't wasting his time breaking the 4th wall or pulling out of date pop culture references, but actually has emotions and regrets! Guy can't sleep after killing a kid!

Originally Posted by Scarecrow007
    Awwww Yeah..

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Heh tell me about it, who'd you like to replace Aronofsky? Guy Ritchie would make a good choice if you ask me, but yeah Deadpool movie would be really hard to make considering outside of Joe Kelly and his limited MAX run, the guy has no progression for years, well yeah luckily now for the last half a year Rick Remender has shown him as a disturbed assassin who isn't wasting his time breaking the 4th wall or pulling out of date pop culture references, but actually has emotions and regrets! Guy can't sleep after killing a kid!
    I'm not sure who I'd want to replace Aronofsky. How about the Coen Brothers?
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

More news on the Deadpool movie http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=33989 ... guess someone listed to me ... also I hope I see a update on that venom film soon

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I'm not sure who I'd want to replace Aronofsky. How about the Coen Brothers?
    Neil Blomkamp (District 9) ... can handle special FX and is one of the most original directors when it comes to action

Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) ... able to tell great AND intelligent stories without holding back on the pace (important for superhero movies, I think)

Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In) ... again wiht the FX, but he does 'dark' really well and I was really impressed with Let Me In and how personable the characters were. These traits would all be important for a Wolverine movie, I reckon

Jackman asked to leave Wolverine for Snow White? Ultimately is this really bad news? With no new director in sight, would one of the few things that would have been good about this movie is the fact it would have created jobs in Japan to help those who are in need of it due to the tsunamis?

Still it's a shame Darren Aronofsky nor Jackman couldn't make the Wolverine movie they wanted, or will there be a chance at that? Jackman was the producer of Origins and he seemed more than fine with the script and everything for some reasons or another.

Jackman's producer credit was probably a token credit or one just to ensure he has some power over how hes presented in the movie. I doubt he'd have the power of veto over a script.

yeah, I'm with Draz and BenKenobi on this one ... Jackman's producer credit wasn't worth the paper it was written on ... he was hugely responsible for how dross the first Origins movie was

this movie coming to an end isn't a bad thing at all ... Fox are well and truly focused on the "First Class" projects ... they've already got parts 2 & 3 lined up from what I've heard

personally, I think it looks awesome (if not for January Jones alone )

Page 2 of 2 First First 12