Thread: Arkham City trailer w/ new soundtrack

Arkham City trailer w/ new soundtrack

Arkham City trailer w/ new soundtrack

Hey guys,

I've just spent the last day remixing the new Arkham City trailer. I loved the trailer in its original form, but I felt that the music didn't quite fit the atmosphere of Arkham, so I decided to try something different and redo the trailer with an alternate soundtrack. And because I muted the original trailer, all the sounds were muted along with the music so I had to redo every single sound in the trailer. Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the result so if you're interested the video is below.

Tremendous job JD. One criticism I can make though...the music is too loud over the dialog with Catwoman near the end, seems that the music should almost fade out after the sniper shot goes off. Small thing, but it would make it sound better.

Other than that, well done sir. Well done.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Thank you.

Yeah, I did think the music was a bit too loud myself, but I did have to try and mask the old music so I just left it as it was. Maybe I'll go back and do some tweaking some time and reupload a new version.

Thanks again.

I understand why you've used the AA theme and the whole editing is fantastic but the original song had a movie quality to the trailer, i think thats what Rocksteady were going for.
    I made a promise on the grave of my parents to rid this city of the evil that took their lives.

Wow amazing job! Good work man

Originally Posted by DarkKnightDanny
    I understand why you've used the AA theme and the whole editing is fantastic but the original song had a movie quality to the trailer, i think thats what Rocksteady were going for.
    Yeah. I did like the original trailer. This is just something different.

Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    Wow amazing job! Good work man
    Cheers.

Some really great work here man - althought I did actually really like the song choice and use in the original trailer, I think this is great too - I wouldn't notice that the audio had been changed had I not seen the trailer already

I thought you did a good job with the sound editing and it worked very well.

I'm still partial to the original, but the skill with this edit is easy to see, er, um, hear.

Props.

Wow. I think this is greatly superior to the official trailer. Fantastic work.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Amazing job. This trailer is so much more and epic and fitting, IGN and other game sites should pay you to have this posted on their sites.

Very nicely done. You should try to make a career out of editing trailers. Two-Face's quote is the only thing that shows this wasn't an official trailer.

Even still, the official trailer truly stood out to me with it's song choice. While good, your new version sounds (and, by extension, looks) similar to a lot of other trailers. If this were the first Batman game set in this universe, this wouldn't be much of a problem, but this version seems like a repeat of B:AA's first trailer.
    "Hey Mr. Wayne, I'm having Batman over for dinner and I was wondering it you could joi-...ooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaahhh..." - Hugo Strange, remembering something.

I agree with Hugo whole-heartedly. Its exceptionally done. But it takes away what made the original trailer stand out to me. maybe its cause im a big film buff/student that i felt the song gave it a more cinematic quality to the original than a generic game play trailer. i felt it didn't even need to be touched. but to each his own
    Please join my role-play forum, Batman: Before Dawn to get involved in our own fun and twisted Bat-verse which has been going amazingly well. Plenty of characters available!

Thanks for the feedback.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the original trailer and its song. I read lot of comments from people who weren't really fond of the music so I just made this as an experiment to see what the trailer would be like with more traditional Batman music.

Originally Posted by JD_Method
    Hey guys,

I've just spent the last day remixing the new Arkham City trailer. I loved the trailer in its original form, but I felt that the music didn't quite fit the atmosphere of Arkham, so I decided to try something different and redo the trailer with an alternate soundtrack. And because I muted the original trailer, all the sounds were muted along with the music so I had to redo every single sound in the trailer. Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the result so if you're interested the video is below.

I want the game now even more! Nicely done! On side not - I hope I get my new laptop by the time the game hits so that i can play it on high graphics.

Nice job, it makes the game look even more badass.
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    Nice job, it makes the game look even more badass.
    HE RETURNS! Glad to see you back.

And yes,this is awesome.

nice work indeed

Good stuff! Redoing every sound from the trailer must have taken quite a bit of work. It turned out nicely.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightDanny
    From what I learned doing my trailer music hunt for Arkham Asylum, Rocksteady doesn't actually "make" the trailers. It seems that task is outsourced to a small independent production team.
    Beware of the Knight.

Nice work JD