Thread: Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

For those stealth fans in here, if you haven't yet, give an crack at it with Splinter Cell: Blacklist. You should not be disappointed!

Good! That's one of the games on my list for when I start being able to game more in a couple of months.

I was a little bit sad that Fisher's voice actor had changed to someone who sounds like a 20 something, but it was always about the gameplay with the Splinter Cell games.

Originally Posted by nomotog
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ci...t-to-know.aspx

Squee. My biggest problem with civ is that it's constrained by history, so setting a civ game out in the future in space is really exciting. Oh and alpha centauri bla bla.
    They made that. It's called Galactic Civilizations.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    They made that. It's called Galactic Civilizations.
    I already played that. Though I tell you my most wanted civ game would be a civ game that allows you to really explore alternate history. Something were civ was cracked open and included not just stuff that happened in history, but could have happened. I am kind of thinking you could do that more or less by pulling in a lot of ideas from GC. A wider tech web mixed in with unit customization and building customization would allow for a lot more freedom to do things.

Play games for the story

Deus Next: Technolust Is Cyberpunk VR
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...t/#more-201525

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    Good! That's one of the games on my list for when I start being able to game more in a couple of months.

I was a little bit sad that Fisher's voice actor had changed to someone who sounds like a 20 something, but it was always about the gameplay with the Splinter Cell games.
    Yes, I am enjoying Blacklist a lot and just starting the game off. The last time I followed the franchise was Chaos Theory, so it has been a while.

I know what you mean about being able to game more. I just started back a month ago and with being able to get through DXHR's DC. It's a blast, by the way. It's kinda like DXHR remastered. This was definitely worth the hype. I also just finished off Saint Row 3 and waiting for SR4. SR3 was a blast as well.

Originally Posted by hybridex
    Yes, I am enjoying Blacklist a lot and just starting the game off. The last time I followed the franchise was Chaos Theory, so it has been a while.

I know what you mean about being able to game more. I just started back a month ago and with being able to get through DXHR's DC. It's a blast, by the way. It's kinda like DXHR remastered. This was definitely worth the hype. I also just finished off Saint Row 3 and waiting for SR4. SR3 was a blast as well.
    I enjoyed blacklist when I played it. It kind of reminded me of mark of the ninja because of the different enemy types and the scoring system. The neat thing about black list was how it put the COD formula on a stealth game, so like every other level it's something new. Like one level you play in first person.

If you like saints row 3, you should like saints row 4. 4 is simply better I think. 3 is kind of the worst of the bunch in my view.

Originally Posted by nomotog
    I enjoyed blacklist when I played it. It kind of reminded me of mark of the ninja because of the different enemy types and the scoring system. The neat thing about black list was how it put the COD formula on a stealth game, so like every other level it's something new. Like one level you play in first person.

If you like saints row 3, you should like saints row 4. 4 is simply better I think. 3 is kind of the worst of the bunch in my view.
    I haven't played Mark of the ninja, but if that is as good as Blacklist, then I would definitely give it a whirl. I also enjoy the Ninja Gaiden series as well. Thanks for the good heads up on SR4, I'm looking forward to it. I had a blast with SR2 and enjoyed it even more with SR3, and if you say that SR4 is more enjoyable than SR3, then it will be worth the wait.

Originally Posted by hybridex
    I haven't played Mark of the ninja, but if that is as good as Blacklist, then I would definitely give it a whirl. I also enjoy the Ninja Gaiden series as well. Thanks for the good heads up on SR4, I'm looking forward to it. I had a blast with SR2 and enjoyed it even more with SR3, and if you say that SR4 is more enjoyable than SR3, then it will be worth the wait.
    I didn't say Mark of the ninja is as good as blacklist. It's way better. If I had to pick the best stealth game, I would pick mark of the ninja. It's the most responsive and fair stealth game I have ever played. It supports many styles of stealth including one unique to it. (Path of the nightmare.) It has good level, enemy verity, and a very good collection of player options. The only thing that isn't perfect is that the advanced mode isn't as good as the basic mode. (They limit your LOS, so you spend a lot of busy work looking left and right.)

Ahh, tracking.. still, you have gotten intrigued with mark of the ninja. I may just give it a whirl sometime. Thanks for the info.

While I'm not a big fan of side-scrolling platform games, Mark of the Ninja was quite fun for me, as well. It's definitely worth checking out.

Adam looks ridiculous holding a weapon heavier than a Machine gun.
    Play games for the story

All Jensen needs to have in his inventory is the decked out armor piercing pistol w/the silencer. Takes up less space. Well, that is if you're the type to get up close and personal to take out the bad guys.

Antisquad. I wonder if anyone else here has played it. It's a game on steam early access that is being sold for a really small amount. I think that low price is putting people off. They are assuming it's really bad or full of micro transactions. It's actually good though, and has no micro transactions. It's simply a nice game for a very cheap price.

The best way I can describe it is chess with all new pieces. It's a tactical turn based game like most others with one exception. No random numbers. That really gives it a different feel. It makes it more tactical, but also harder. I rather like the art style too. It looks a little like TF, but not as retro.

The biggest problem I have with it is that it feels a little grind like. You have 8 characters (5 original 3 you buy) that you can buy weapons, armor, ability and stat upgrades for. They all cost a lot too. At least it doesn't feel like you need to buy them. I made it very far into the game without buying any. Some of my units haven't been upgraded at all in fact.

Brother showed me Hitman GO today. No idea if it's selling well or not, but I think Square Montreal understood tablet gaming wonderfully well with that odd little thing. Bastardization of the series or not, it's a fun little thing to play while waiting at the DMV, and it's a lot more rewarding than trashy time killers like Candy Crush. I wasn't expecting that, considering the *cough* recent experiments with other franchises
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Hitman GO, yeah, will be nice. Hitman Absolution, good freakin game, but it's pissing me off real bad right now, though. I had never been killed that fast before.

Finished Jade Empire recently. The only BioWare game I've been able to properly get into so far (will give DA:O another shot soonish).

Decided to check out what DXHRDCwas worth the hype. Just got to Hengsha.

basic impression: As far as Detroit goes, they fixed the NPC problem mostly. At the very least they don't have the same NPC model spewing the exact same lines on both entrances to the subway anymore, so I'm glad that somehting I criticized genuinely got fixed, good job EM!

The Barrett boss battle was an improvement. Still chaotic, but being able to hack things and set up a crossfire using turrets was much, much better than doing duck and cover and shock him to submission. If it turns out I don't have to lug that gatling around to kill bossses anymore, I'll be happy.

I really need the grenade stacking mod. The basic system is offending my packrat sensibilities.

Also, I had a bug for a bit where I didn't get any exp for non-leathal weapon takedowns. At first i rejoiced, cuz I thought they overhauled it, but on another map it was back, and it made me sad. I think I've used up like 10 Praxis kits already, and I'm only starting HengSha!.

I also like how there's no takedown prompts anymore. though I appreciate the wallpunch prompts.

And now I'm back to HengSha, just unlocked ILS, looking forward to some fun in the rooftops of Yuzhao.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230840/

Wah, Daylight was a pure film. Makes me proper nervy when going through the Mersey Tunnel.
    Play games for the story

More HRDC thoughts (about to go to Hengsha a second time)

Fedorova boss battle-NEAT! though there's an absolutely hilarious bug: if you crouch on the window next to the door you need to unlock to get to the upper section, she comes up to attack you... and then no-clips INTO the hallway, and starts running back and forth behind the glass, untill you open the door.

HengSha dialogues were also improved. I didn't quite feel the same sense of discovery on Yuzhao's rooftops the second time around, but it was still fun. And definitely the best part of the game.

Still too easy in terms of levelling up. I have so many praxis + also some super-cool guns, so I wonder how TML will handle it all?

Originally Posted by kud13
    I also like how there's no takedown prompts anymore. though I appreciate the wallpunch prompts.
    You could turn prompts off in normal DXHR.

Originally Posted by Jito463
    While I'm not a big fan of side-scrolling platform games, Mark of the Ninja was quite fun for me, as well. It's definitely worth checking out.
    I finished Guacamelee a few days ago. Fun game, totally Metroidvania
    Indie antihero

I finished the storyline of GTA V (XBox 360) today and I have to say that this game is

a) infinitely better then GTA IV
    b) the most detailed and best looking open world game to date
    c) a miracle that it works so well on an 8 year old console

Wether you like the franchise or not is a matter of taste but this is without doubt a labour of love.

It has one of the best narratives in video games stemming directly from the fact that there are three characters to play as, offering you three very different perspectives on everything.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

They made some bad changes to the gameplay, most notably everything is marked on the map (can disable markers but then that gets rid of important stuff too), You are not rewarded for exploration. Even rampages are marked, but they need to be because only one character can get them, a bad gameplay change for the sake of story. The only things not marked are the hidden package type items and all you get for them are achievements and money you don't need. Less RPG elements than SA. No dedicated crouch button. It's an overall easier game than old school GTA.
    Ranted about this before. Disappointing gameplay.

Page 473 of 499 First First ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483 ... Last