Thread: Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute - All Discussion thread

Ya most DLC just isn't worth the time to download, but don't like it don't buy it then you know buy the good stuff so they know what you like. It's extra, having the option to buy it dosen't hurt you any. If they don't include DLC that also dosen't help you any too.

I like the ballad of gay tony as my "best" DLC, but I would also add point lookout and shivering isles to the list of good DLC. Though at least the bad stuff has gotten really really cheap.

I am not that far in, but I am not really invested in Dishonored's world. Weird thing thing is I don't know why. Maybe it's just the setting and graphics. This is a big surprise for me, and I dont't even know if I will continue playing soon.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by Zakka
    I am not that far in, but I am not really invested in Dishonored's world. Weird thing thing is I don't know why. Maybe it's just the setting and graphics. This is a big surprise for me, and I dont't even know if I will continue playing soon.
    At the end of it all either you'll be completely disinterested, or you'll be really enthralled, but either way give it the benefit of the doubt for now, and just keep playing. Early on, there isn't all that much of the world to get you invested.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

I'm totally in love with the whole thing. I love all the notes and books you find, little tales from other places in the world. I like how they get down in Tyvia.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

I loved Dishonored. I love the oppeness of it. Reminded me of the original Deus Ex, that instead of predetermined paths *Gough gough Human Revolution gough* it just gave me a huge map and told me to have fun.

Here are the differences from HR. (translated with google translate from a post of mine in a greek forum)

First the story is more personal. In no case a masterpiece, but if you're not cynical, you will get it somewhat personally. And most importantly there has moments that make you say wtf by their stupidity (see zombies in the last map of HR). The endings, though not as silly as those of DX, powerpoint slides that did not tell what happened in the world you just played, they were not something special. But I have no major complaint from the endings, because I saw things change in the world through the game, and for some reason, and I count them as ending too.

For stealth and action i can not say much. All I can say is that the stealth was generally better, more reminiscent of Thief then Splinter Cell, that the blink had a lot of fun, the takedown was in first person and much more enjoyable and you can't do them at enemies who know where you are , and I can play very creatively with all the power it has. Action, I can't say that it is better, but I like more, because it was something that they designed themselves (rather than steal from Gears of War, as HR did), was faster, and the battle to have demanded and skill and strategies, otherwise lose power attacks with your sword hitting the air. Each match is playground to test things. This helps in that the loading times are very very small and you can do quick load without bother your fate.

Let us take a moment, to remember the better days...

When Medal of Honor was a great series...

Play games for the story

I liked the 2010 reboot. The multiplayer was what it was, but the single was good fun. Bearded (biker) men fighting terrorism for 'Murica, one Afghan village at a time. Some chopper piloting and riding ATV's on the mountains.

Now it's the same characters fighting global plot with gripping personal stories and . I mean I don't want to see the ty CGI cutscenes of their wives and daughters crying, annoyed me more often than not. The best part was driving through Dubai in a pimped out TIER ONE DODGE SUPERCAR MURICA YEAH.

Originally Posted by Vallux
    I mean I don't want to see the ty CGI cutscenes of their wives and daughters crying, annoyed me more often than not.
    Sounds like a game I would definitely not play in front of my Dad.
    Play games for the story

What's the over/under on Warren Spector working on a Star Wars game? An immersive sim in the Star Wars universe, anyone? ((I am aware that this will never happen))

Or maybe get Obsidian to make KotOR 3?

What exactly is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition like on the PC ?. I am hearing mixed things, I know it needs a controller for the best movement which isn't a problem for me since i can get my PS3 one hooked up in no time but what about this slow down such as i keep hearing about ?.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Reven
    What exactly is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition like on the PC ?. I am hearing mixed things, I know it needs a controller for the best movement which isn't a problem for me since i can get my PS3 one hooked up in no time but what about this slow down such ?.
    I've not played it on PC, but as I understand it, it's a pretty direct port: i.e. where there's slowdown in the console version, there's also slowdown in the PC version (mostly in one particular area.) The PC version is no worse, but it's no better either. It's also locked to 720p and 30fps....or was for about 27 minutes (literally) until a modder cracked it.

Basically, if you haven't already played it, it's well worth picking up. The PC version is rough around the edges, but no more than the console originals.

Well the game seems pretty steady from the YouTube walkthroughs I have seen and the mods I already downloaded can take care of most of the problems on first launch but it though it best to ask around for the good word. But right now though I'm wondering if I should buy boxed from Amazon for all the goodies since I already own the limited edition on the ps3 or to spend the same money and buy a steam game code for $20 (I'm not sure if they tack on extra from pounds to dollers since I can't find the option to just buy the steam code on Amazon.uk. It's only on the US site from Namco networks.) . But with BT still turning my net off for days on end there is no guarantee that I would even be able to download it.
    signature image

About the controller thing, with the current mods mouse + keyboard is not only viable, but arguably better than a pad. And I've seen this claimed by people who played the console version first.

Well I have a day or so to decide between boxed or digital but Im just not sure on which...unless that art book is really worth it. But anyway was thinking of trying both keyboard and pad to see which is best for me since I have a high spec keyboard/mouse that should help.

And oh yes I have been playing some Xcom but the game is starting to annoy me with it's Pre-turn hit rolls (I know it's doing it) and my constant need for more satellites to the point that it feels like it's the only thing I am going every month despite UFO's NEVER and I mean NEVER appearing anywhere other than over Germany and landing nowhere other then Yellowstone national park inside the US. And the amount of UFO's I have shot down can be counted on one hand, but I did notice that I can force a landing (to break the tedium of abductions and terror missions which every mission has been so far) by using all my alloys.
    signature image

The artbook is not all that impressive, honestly. If that would be your main reason to get boxed, then I'd import the Design Works book instead.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    The PC version is rough around the edges, but no more than the console originals.
    PC version is much better, actually! Even without this mod, which allows higher resolutions, and decrease of DOF (absolutely essential, that blurry default mess seriously hurt your eyes), the game had more stable FPS than on console versions. You can even allow 60FPS, but I haven't tried that. Of course, gamepad is essential..

Originally Posted by nameless1
    Of course, gamepad is essential..
    No, it's not. I completed the game three times now, and I'm halfway through a permanent soul level 1 playthrough. All on m+k. Tried the pad for about an hour, switched back to m+k.

Well, I haven't tried that mod that fixes the original (awful) controls, because the xbox controller felt so natural, so I have to trust you on your word..

I HATE GFWL !.
    signature image

I AM MEH TOWARDS GFWL BUT I HATE STEAM!

Well I would take steam at it's worse 100 times over GFWL which needs to have the game running only to tell you it needs to exit TWICE just for its own updates THEN quit out at least twice more for game updates.

But anyway, Dark souls runs fine and mouse and keyboard works ok. It's just the mouse which is the main problem since it shutters and jumps the camera if you turn it when you move which can get annoying on the eyes. Also I can't get motioninjoy drivers to work with my PS3 controller since the people that made them are incompetent idiots that can't even keep their web site half the time and the drivers throw me the same error over and over and can't even detect the pad at all. Also it's still next to impossible to make even a half decent female face.
    signature image

Get this for the mouse problems: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/28/

I was using that before but as soon as i added the line "dinput8dllWrapper dsmfix.dll" to the .INI my character only ran forward into a wall and the mouse no longer worked but restarting the game sorted it for me.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Zakka
    The setting and the graphics don't bother me as much, but I still can't get into playing. I've only just completed the part between missions where you first go into the sewers and deal with a pair of weepers. I only play an hour or so before I just feel the need to save and close.

I can't even figure out *why* I'm ambivalent, as it's everything that DX:HR wasn't in terms of stealth, takedowns, perspective, and just general gameplay (although highlighting is *too* reminiscent of HR).
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

Count me in, I think that the game lacks something...
    A soul?
    Relics
    Dota 2 invites left: 16

Page 316 of 499 First First ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... Last