View Poll Results: Who should play Lara in the 3rd movie? (pics @ bottom of OP)

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alison Carrol

22 12.72%
  • Camilla Luddington

92 53.18%
  • Ellen Page

10 5.78%
  • Gemma Arterton

35 20.23%
  • Hayley Atwell

13 7.51%
  • Kaya Scodelario

6 3.47%
  • Lyndsey Fonseca

16 9.25%
  • Natalie Portman

13 7.51%
  • Nina Dobrev

9 5.20%
  • Olivia Thirlby

6 3.47%
  • Olivia Wilde

18 10.40%
  • Summer Glau

10 5.78%
  • Kate Beckinsale

15 8.67%
  • Jennifer Lawrence

17 9.83%
  • Emma Watson

14 8.09%
  • None of the above - I want a feature length CGI movie, a la Turning Point

5 2.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1690

Thread: Third TR film general discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Contrary to popular opinion, I couldn't see Daisy as Lara. I'm a fan of her as Rey, but I'm more inclined to think Alicia would make a better Lara...
    Heretic! Heeeeretiiiiiiiiiic!!!

signature image

Camilla weighs in on the casting: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/10...licia-vikander
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    I wondered why they hadn't given the role to Camilla; I mean, everyone will recognize her voice and the consistency would have been appreciated. I'm looking forward to Alicia Vikander's interpretation as well, but Camilla would have been a rather easy and straightforward choice.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I wondered why they hadn't given the role to Camilla; I mean, everyone will recognize her voice and the consistency would have been appreciated.
    I'd kinda like to know if she was even asked to audition, TBH. Not trying to imply that there's anything shady that went down, or that she in fact wasn't asked to, but I do find it odd that she was rather quiet about the movie until recently. I'd think as much as 'TR' means to her she'd have thrown out a "Auditioned for the movie today, guys!" tweet or something.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I wondered why they hadn't given the role to Camilla; I mean, everyone will recognize her voice and the consistency would have been appreciated. I'm looking forward to Alicia Vikander's interpretation as well, but Camilla would have been a rather easy and straightforward choice.
    What I appreciate it is that Camilla wasn't automatically cast just because she voiced Lara in the last few games. I think that kind of special treatment would have upset a lot of fans. In fact, we've seen fans being quite critical of TR9/TR10 Lara in their opinion looking like Camilla because CD were 'deliberately shaping Lara's face for the purpose of having Camilla star in the films.' So it's good there is some disconnect there.

I'd kinda like to know if she was even asked to audition, TBH. Not trying to imply that there's anything shady that went down, or that she in fact wasn't asked to, but I do find it odd that she was rather quiet about the movie until recently. I'd think as much as 'TR' means to her she'd have thrown out a "Auditioned for the movie today, guys!" tweet or something.
    I never got the impression that TR means a lot to Camilla. I think she views TR as just another acting gig to further her career. But even if I'm wrong, it still would have made sense for her not to tweet about auditioning if she did audition for the role, because then being rejected would've been (more) embarrassing.

And how is she now suddenly 'so much more' vocal about the film than before? I remember reading articles ages ago where Camilla voiced a wish to play Lara. She even posted a screenshot from this very thread on her twitter when she was leading in the poll!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I never got the impression that TR means a lot to Camilla. I think she views TR as just another acting gig to further her career. But even if I'm wrong, it still would have made sense for her not to tweet about auditioning if she did audition for the role, because then being rejected would've been (more) embarrassing.

And how is she now suddenly 'so much more' vocal about the film than before? I remember reading articles ages ago where Camilla voiced a wish to play Lara. She even posted a screenshot from this very thread on her twitter when she was leading in the poll!
    Well I don't follow her on Twitter or facebook so I could be wrong. I've only popped in from time to time and when I have it's always been something about 'TR' that she's talking about, so maybe I'm just catching her on "odd" days or something. I'm sure it probably is just a gig to her and that she most likely never had a collection of TR merch like some of us before she got the gig a few years back. I suppose I just assumed since I've always seen her talking 'TR' when I've looked at her tweets that she did so frequently. And as someone who doesn't follow her I never saw the screenshot she posted.
    signature image

I've only popped in from time to time and when I have it's always been something about 'TR' that she's talking about
    Not to sound mean but it's not exactly like she's got much else going on.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Very true. Like I said when she was first announced as Lara, I'd never heard of her and I can't be the only one. And I've never watched "Gray's Anatomy" or anything else she's been n so I can't comment on her quality of acting outside of voice work. It's very possible to me that she, frankly, sucks at acting. Or is one of those "Meh, she's ok when she's got good material to work off of" actors.
    signature image

Alicia Vikander looks neither athletic or anything of the traditional lara croft stories of the past which were popular. Maybe this choice is more due to the alt root of having a weaker woman as the lead who isnt an athlete, or rich, or successful so this casting would reflect that very well as someone who can be more of a victim than a hero like Angelina Joie was.

Nice to hear things are moving along hopefully the movie attracts that audience their looking for!

According to her interview at London comic con last week, she said she works for 10 months out of the year, splitting her time between Grey's Anatomy and Tomb Raider. She went on to say some days shooting on Grey's can last 17 hours. When is she supposed to find time for anything else? Perhaps she prefers to concentrate on just one or two projects rather than risk spreading herself too thinly doing several projects. Are you suggesting she hasn't got much on because she's not offered roles? Catty .

After watching Pride & prejudice and Zombies. What a shame Lily James was not considered, & she did not need to fake a English Ascent.

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-lara-c...as-growing-up/

I'm glad to hear she played the game when she was little.

Very true. Like I said when she was first announced as Lara, I'd never heard of her and I can't be the only one. And I've never watched "Gray's Anatomy" or anything else she's been n so I can't comment on her quality of acting outside of voice work. It's very possible to me that she, frankly, sucks at acting. Or is one of those "Meh, she's ok when she's got good material to work off of" actors.
    Funny coincidence, my GF and I have been watching a show called True Blood for a long time and guess who showed up in a guest role the other day! Camilla played the role of a fairy (the main character is one as well) and had in total like 10 lines of text. She was completely mediocre. Non-expressive. Like just reciting lines from a script. If I hadn't known Camilla for her role as Lara, I wouldn't have noticed her nor remembered her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    According to her interview at London comic con last week, she said she works for 10 months out of the year, splitting her time between Grey's Anatomy and Tomb Raider. She went on to say some days shooting on Grey's can last 17 hours. When is she supposed to find time for anything else? Perhaps she prefers to concentrate on just one or two projects rather than risk spreading herself too thinly doing several projects.
    lol, I wasn't suggesting anything, she can fill her schedule however she pleases. I was just responding to Winter's point about Camilla tweeting nothing but TR. So I was only saying it would make sense she would only tweet about TR since she isn't involved in any other new projects to tweet about.

Yeah I know she also has Grey's Anatomy going on, but what on earth is there to tweet about that show, really? "I cured another patient today, guys! #ObamaCare #PenicillinTuesday"?

Yes, I'm being facetious

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Are you suggesting she hasn't got much on because she's not offered roles? Catty .
    I wasn't, actually, but now that you bring it up, perhaps she's indeed not being offered more roles because her acting is mediocre. Her performance on True Blood sure was, IMO. Call it catty if you want. I call it just having an honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Foundered View Post
    http://www.gamesradar.com/new-lara-c...as-growing-up/

I'm glad to hear she played the game when she was little.
    Now this is giving her cred in my book. A secret TR fan. That's awesome.

I wonder why her parents didn't allow her to play. Too violent for her age? Videogames distracting from studies?

"but it looks like she's definitely won with our favourite dual pistol wielding adventurer."

HA, see how iconic Lara's dual guns are! *hint hint*

Funny coincidence, my GF and I have been watching a show called True Blood for a long time and guess who showed up in a guest role the other day! Camilla played the role of a fairy (the main character is one as well) and had in total like 10 lines of text. She was completely mediocre. Non-expressive. Like just reciting lines from a script. If I hadn't known Camilla for her role as Lara, I wouldn't have noticed her nor remembered her.
    Oh, I probably have seen her then. My ladyfriend was a huge fan of that shows first season so I've actually seen a few episodes of it. I'll have to do some digging and see if that was one of them.
    signature image

Oh, I probably have seen her then. My ladyfriend was a huge fan of that shows first season so I've actually seen a few episodes of it. I'll have to do some digging and see if that was one of them.
    She was in season 5, ep 6.

(click image to enlarge)

You can watch it online I think: http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/episod...-used-to-know/

Oh and apparently she was also in nude mag Maxim as I just found out while searching for that ep.

Ah, no I haven't seen it then. She only watched the first season. Not sure why but she lost interest in the 2nd one and doesn't own any more dvd sets.

EDIT: Yay! I'm a "Hero" now!
    signature image

EDIT: Yay! I'm a "Hero" now!
    Heh, congrats. This means you're eligible for a custom user title. PM me if you want one

Heh, congrats. This means you're eligible for a custom user title. PM me if you want one
    Hmm.... yeah, I'll think about that tonight at work.
    signature image

signature image

Mandatory text you need to enter in order to post a video.

signature image

Mandatory text you need to enter in order to post a video.

Oee another midnight edge. Added to my watch list

Warner Bros. and MGM have dated Alicia Vikander’s “Tomb Raider” for March 16, 2018.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/to...er-1201810114/
    Webmaster of Alex's Tomb Raider Blog & Tomb Raider World - Spanish official fansites.
    Fansite Localization Ambassador - Spain.

^ Damn, they're really going with her? I don't like her one bit :/
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ Damn, they're really going with her? I don't like her one bit :/
    Yes. Officially, Alicia Vikander will be Lara Croft. I can't see her now, is a good actress, but there are others I see more. Maybe, in the future.
    Webmaster of Alex's Tomb Raider Blog & Tomb Raider World - Spanish official fansites.
    Fansite Localization Ambassador - Spain.

^ That sucks, there's a reason she played a robot AI in Ex Machina
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast