View Poll Results: Who should play Lara in the 3rd movie? (pics @ bottom of OP)

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alison Carrol

    22 12.72%
  • Camilla Luddington

    92 53.18%
  • Ellen Page

    10 5.78%
  • Gemma Arterton

    35 20.23%
  • Hayley Atwell

    13 7.51%
  • Kaya Scodelario

    6 3.47%
  • Lyndsey Fonseca

    16 9.25%
  • Natalie Portman

    13 7.51%
  • Nina Dobrev

    9 5.20%
  • Olivia Thirlby

    6 3.47%
  • Olivia Wilde

    18 10.40%
  • Summer Glau

    10 5.78%
  • Kate Beckinsale

    15 8.67%
  • Jennifer Lawrence

    17 9.83%
  • Emma Watson

    14 8.09%
  • None of the above - I want a feature length CGI movie, a la Turning Point

    5 2.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1690

Thread: Third TR film general discussion thread

  1. #51
    ive heard that the people who wrote the Iron Man movie will be writing the new TR movie !!
    signature image

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,955
    Bah, the only thing Angelina had going for her at the time was she was the "it" actress that every guy just HAD to see nude. Her acting skills were no better then anyone elses then, and they still aren't now. I really wish the people associated w/ the film would get over the "Oh my God! We've got to replace ANGELINA JOLIE!!!" mentality. She's not THAT good, and based off the changes she had made to the script of "TR:CoL", I'd say she more then likely knows nothing about TR anyways, other then "Ah, she's got big breasts. I've got big breasts as well. I should play this part."
    Gotta admit I had a laugh earlier when I read someone said they wanted someone with meat on their bones like angelina, and not some twig playing Lara. What's Angelina weigh? 100lbs. soaking wet?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  3. #53
    Excellent, hopefully this movie turns out well, the old ones I found enjoyable. And if it's got the same people that have produced some big films in the past, that proves promising! I'll have to keep my eye out for news on this one

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Bah, the only thing Angelina had going for her at the time was she was the "it" actress that every guy just HAD to see nude. Her acting skills were no better then anyone elses then, and they still aren't now. I really wish the people associated w/ the film would get over the "Oh my God! We've got to replace ANGELINA JOLIE!!!" mentality. She's not THAT good, and based off the changes she had made to the script of "TR:CoL", I'd say she more then likely knows nothing about TR anyways, other then "Ah, she's got big breasts. I've got big breasts as well. I should play this part."
    Gotta admit I had a laugh earlier when I read someone said they wanted someone with meat on their bones like angelina, and not some twig playing Lara. What's Angelina weigh? 100lbs. soaking wet?
    Yeah that is an interesting poi.... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

    Are you *BLEEPING* kidding me? I would post the joker "not sure if serious" pic here, but I'm sincerely HOPING you aren't.

    Is Tomb Raider, Wanted, and Beowulf the only Jolie movies you've seen? You should really check out Life or Something Like It, Pushing Tin, Girl Interrupted, Gia, and MOST especially Changeling. Angelina is NOT just an actress who get by her looks alone. She is a genuinely accomplished actress, I mean actual credible talent here who has on many occasions delivered an outstanding performance.

    Basically she has more than proven herself and shown how she has earned her oscar and each and every nomination she received.

    But to get this back on topic, my confidence is still placed with Summer Glau to bring to life the reimagining of Lara. She also has demonstrated great talent as well as possessing the combat training to pull off the physicality of Lara. Plus she's classically trained as a dancer which which may seem irrelevant, but that includes some gymnastics which would translate well into Lara's acrobatics prowess.

    In short, the looks, skills, and acting ability. It's gotta be Summer
    signature image

  5. #55
    I disagree.

    I just cannot envision Summer Glau, arguably quite the spoiled little Drama Queen (and I don't mean that in a bad way to be mean, to be flaming, just to describe most of her roles, or how I see her) as playing a strong-willed, probably taller and more mature looking Lara Croft. Glau just doesn't have it, whatever it is, the caliber of Jolie or anyone else who'd be suited to play her.
    Qu'est-ce que

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post

    Is Tomb Raider, Wanted, and Beowulf the only Jolie movies you've seen? You should really check out Life or Something Like It, Pushing Tin, Girl Interrupted, Gia, and MOST especially Changeling. Angelina is NOT just an actress who get by her looks alone. She is a genuinely accomplished actress, I mean actual credible talent here who has on many occasions delivered an outstanding performance.
    I do have to agree with you; she's done some pretty cool films were she has been pretty good in the part.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0i9vHYiW2g - As you said

    And of course, Bone Collector in the days before she became as famous I think (1999, I beleive) I used to love this film as a kid!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4z4Xsp-bos

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    I agree with Ants and adobeARTIST, Angelina Jolie has proven herself more than once as a capable and talented actress!

    As for the actress to portray Lara in the new movie, I'm with adobeARTIST (as I've said before)! Summer Glau would be simply FANTASTIC for the role! Not only she is beautiful, she is a really talented actress! And I do think her background as a dancer is a huge pro for the role!

    As for the other news, I'm really optimistic after reading the news about the chosen writers for the project! Maybe this time we'll have some really good argument for the movie!
    signature image

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post

    Is Tomb Raider, Wanted, and Beowulf the only Jolie movies you've seen? You should really check out Life or Something Like It, Pushing Tin, Girl Interrupted, Gia, and MOST especially Changeling. Angelina is NOT just an actress who get by her looks alone. She is a genuinely accomplished actress, I mean actual credible talent here who has on many occasions delivered an outstanding performance.
    This.

    Jolie really is a great actress even if people find her overrated.
    LOL I love all of those movies you listed, as well as Original Sin.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Yeah that is an interesting poi.... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

    Are you *BLEEPING* kidding me? I would post the joker "not sure if serious" pic here, but I'm sincerely HOPING you aren't.

    Is Tomb Raider, Wanted, and Beowulf the only Jolie movies you've seen? You should really check out Life or Something Like It, Pushing Tin, Girl Interrupted, Gia, and MOST especially Changeling. Angelina is NOT just an actress who get by her looks alone. She is a genuinely accomplished actress, I mean actual credible talent here who has on many occasions delivered an outstanding performance.

    Basically she has more than proven herself and shown how she has earned her oscar and each and every nomination she received.

    But to get this back on topic, my confidence is still placed with Summer Glau to bring to life the reimagining of Lara. She also has demonstrated great talent as well as possessing the combat training to pull off the physicality of Lara. Plus she's classically trained as a dancer which which may seem irrelevant, but that includes some gymnastics which would translate well into Lara's acrobatics prowess.

    In short, the looks, skills, and acting ability. It's gotta be Summer
    No, I'm not "bleeping" kidding you. I've never seen the big deal about her, acting or looks wise. Never seen "Wanted" or "Beowulf" actually. I read the Wanted comics, and that's well enough for me while the latter just didn't catch my attention based on the previews I saw. I wouldn't use "Pushing Tin" in your argument, tho. 'Cos one could easily fire back that it really isn't THAT hard to act like an alchoholic floozie, hang all over Billy Bob, and lie in bed with a shirt unbottoned a bit. As for the TR movies, I walked out of the first one in the theater after the big robot showed up and didn't get any further then that into it till, oh, a year ago or so. Honestly can't say as it was a definitive performance in my eyes. In short, she's just not a favorite of mine. Call me kooky, call me crazy, call me a blasphemer or whatever, but it is what it is: my personal opinion. Obviously a few million film goers dis-agree with me. Cool. Whatever.

    Summer Glau I can't comment on. I don't watch television, so I've not seen any work of hers. Still gonna stick with my opinion that Eidos should just do a self-funded CG movie.

    Oh, and the Oscars are just like the Grammy's: It's just a popularity contest.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,955
    Was having a few drinks w/ the only gamer friend I have last night (sad, yeah, but everyone else has "grown up" except us two ) and we had one of those "Man, wouldn't it be cool if...?" convos. Anyways, long story short, here's what our beverage fueled creativity, um, created. The movie we'd pay to see...

    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Angelina is NOT just an actress who get by her looks alone.

    She is a genuinely accomplished actress, I mean actual credible talent here who has on many occasions delivered an outstanding performance.

    Basically she has more than proven herself and shown how she has earned her oscar and each and every nomination she received.

    But to get this back on topic, my confidence is still placed with Summer Glau to bring to life the reimagining of Lara. She also has demonstrated great talent as well as possessing the combat training to pull off the physicality of Lara.
    First of all, what looks? To me, Angelina looks like a retarded fish. She is the furthest thing from beautiful I've ever seen (ok that's an overstatement, but she really isn't that good looking).

    I watched Changeling, and it was an incredible movie, and Angelina did, I have to admit, give an outstanding performance. However, I still don't think her acting ability quite matches up to some other performances, such as Natalie Portman in Black Swan or Colin Firth in the King's Speech.

    And when it come to Summer Glau, DEFINATELY!!!!!!
    Behind Jennifer Garner, she is my FAVOURITE actress and I think that she is incredibly awesome . Perfect fit for Lara (I've only thought about how wonderful she is for the part now )

    It was so sad when she got shot in Dollhouse though, I know it is all fictional, but still

  12. #62
    OT: I personally thought Black Swan was horrible.
    Natalie Portman has played in better films than that.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    OT: I personally thought Black Swan was horrible.
    Natalie Portman has played in better films than that.
    I guess we all have our own opinions.
    I respect your intelligence, just not your integrity.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenas View Post
    I guess we all have our own opinions.
    The beauty of opinions: they aren't stated facts.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    607

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    7,374
    Summer Glau would be perfect for this role. I hope she gets it.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    Summer Glau would be perfect for this role. I hope she gets it.
    Indeed! She really is the perfect choice for the role!
    signature image

  18. #68
    Hawk Ostby: Someone isn’t born that way, they’re made. We going to get deep in character. It’s a great opportunty.
    But baby I was born this way!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    Summer Glau would be perfect for this role. I hope she gets it.
    Hell *BLEEPING* yeah!!!!!
    signature image

  20. #70
    If I'm honest, right now, as of this moment... until this thread I'd never heard of the likes of Summer Glau.

    @LC is Me - Black Swan, not my cup of tea at all and will never watch it but I've never been a fan of Natalie Portman either... not that I remember anyway.

    I'm more of a old school fan of people like Pam Grier, Kurt Russel, Clint Eastwood... non of that over-the-top Hollywood rubbish. But I'm more curious about who the director will be... please be somebody who never went to 'film school', whatever that is.

  21. #71
    Wait.... did I just read 'Black Swan' and 'Horrible' in ONE SENTENCE???!!!

    Oh no you didn't!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 View Post
    Wait.... did I just read 'Black Swan' and 'Horrible' in ONE SENTENCE???!!!

    Oh no you didn't!
    Let's GET HER!! grrrrrr

    signature image

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Let's GET HER!! grrrrrr

    BLACKSWANWASHORRIBLEBLACKSWANWASHORRIBLEBLACKSWANWASHORRIBLE

    d:

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rainbow Rock
    Posts
    2,761
    Ohnoes! Teh spam has taken over teh thread! #lols D:

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Whoever gets the role will have some pretty big shoes to fill, don't you think?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •