Thread: DXHR PICUS NEWSDESK:News,Articles,Tweets /UPDATES -UPDATE: Human Revolution Dev Vault

DXHR PICUS NEWSDESK:News,Articles,Tweets /UPDATES -UPDATE: Human Revolution Dev Vault

I have the thing Frapsed from Trailer to Trailer, so none of the later "asset" shots and tool demos, like Adam/Barrett/the Flechette Rifle.

Wow, impressive work Tecman! Have my sincerest gratitude for this delicious bounty you've brought.

That beta show of the Detroit hub looks incredible.
    ...a million bureaucrats are diligently plotting death and some of them even know it.
    -Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow.

Will the presentation be available online? As a developer, I'm interested in learning more about game dev processes(even though I'm a rails dev)

Good stuff Tecman, thanks.

Anyone like the vertical slice 2 shot more than the beta shot? Far too much bloom in the beta shot.

Thanks, Tecman. I love stuff like that.

Originally Posted by wowlace
    How about a release date of the release date so I know when to check back here?
    How about a release date of the release date for the release date?

Tecman, i truly love you.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

I would say those screen shots are the best part of the presentation. It was almost exclusively about the dev process and pretty dry for most watchers.
    Oh you like my handwriting? It's augmented.

Sorry for the low resolution, but you have the screenshots for making out the text easier.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution in Autodesk's GDC 2011 Presentation, Day 1
    Eidos-Montreal: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Maya, 3ds Max, Autodesk® FBX®, MotionBuilder)
    Presented by: David Anfossi, Producer; Jean-François Dugas, Game Director; Simon Hamelin, Lead Programmer

Also, the same presentation will happen today (4:30 PM) and tomorrow (2:00 PM) - check http://area.autodesk.com/gdc2011 for the schedule.

Thanks, Tecman!

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Anyone like the vertical slice 2 shot more than the beta shot? Far too much bloom in the beta shot.
    Yes. Vertical slice 2 looks pretty neat. Thanks to the bloom in the Beta shot it looks like the entire city is covered in a dense fog.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Good stuff Tecman, thanks.

Yeah, that's really wierd. Beta shot looks hideous.. Reminds me of Invisible War. Why do they think that much bloom looks good?

Cool

^^

Why contain it? ... It's cool.

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    Thanks to the bloom in the Beta shot it looks like the entire city is covered in a dense fog.
    Yeah, I think it looks pretty bad too. But apparently they're trying to do with fog/steam/smoke what Bioshock did with water....So maybe it'll look a lot better in motion.

Just a thought.
    "flee it or die upon it."
    -A.W. Tozer

But Fog is awesome! Very bladerunner-ish

Originally Posted by dxb
    Yeah, I think it looks pretty bad too. But apparently they're trying to do with fog/steam/smoke what Bioshock did with water....So maybe it'll look a lot better in motion.

Just a thought.
    It looks amazing in motion.

Originally Posted by Coyotegrey
    It looks amazing in motion.
    Yes, yes it does.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

It's a consp...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*paper bag descends over head*
    signature image

Will there be some sort of Bloom control option ?. to much bloom and motion blur gives me motion sickness.

So now we know we get more xp from using non-lethal... What stops me from doing a non-lethal takedown, and then shooting the enemy in the face with a silenced pistol?

Originally Posted by Zakka
    So now we know we get more xp from using non-lethal... What stops me from doing a non-lethal takedown, and then shooting the enemy in the face with a silenced pistol?
    Sense for resource management?
    Dr. Loboto: The bad news is, we're going to have to remove your brain...
    the good news is that your insurance should cover the whole thing.

I would like to know how XP is going to be limited in this type of situation since i doubt Coyotegrey will read this and say " XP limitations...WAIT ! OH SNAP I KNEW WE FORGOT SOMETHING !"

Originally Posted by MrFoxter
    Sense for resource management?

Hmm yes indeed. Every previewer said ammo was scarce, so wasting a bullet on a sleeping person might be wastefull. I really like this.

Originally Posted by Zakka
    Hmm yes indeed. Every previewer said ammo was scarce, so wasting a bullet on a sleeping person might be wastefull. I really like this.
    Remember my words when you will be performing the sacred blade dance around a pile of corpses while spraying bullets, tranq darts and claymores in all directions
    Dr. Loboto: The bad news is, we're going to have to remove your brain...
    the good news is that your insurance should cover the whole thing.

Screenshot 3 & 4 - it looks like the city is alive - the light changes, the people change places (except for the guard ;p)
    If you want to make enemies, demand respect while you exhibit none.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Yes, yes it does.
    Whats that, a future gameplay video in HD to show that off so we all understand how good it is?, what a good idea!

*hint hint*
    "I spill my drink!"
    "...what a shame..."

Page 3 of 90 First First 12345671353 ... Last