Thread: DXHR PICUS NEWSDESK:News,Articles,Tweets /UPDATES -UPDATE: Human Revolution Dev Vault

DXHR PICUS NEWSDESK:News,Articles,Tweets /UPDATES -UPDATE: Human Revolution Dev Vault

There is going to be a DXHR live demo/Q&A at PAX East on March 12th. Since PAX is open to the public, it's almost certain that footage will leak out.

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php
    2027 - The Near-Future: Live Demo of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dev Team Q&A
    Main Theatre
    Saturday, 2:30pm - 3:30pm
    Want to see what world will look like in 2027? The truth will change you. Join core development team members of the highly anticipated action RPG, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for a live demo of never before seen gameplay! Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the return to one of the most critically-acclaimed video game franchises of all time. The game tells the story of Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his will, who finds himself in the middle of a global conspiracy to which he holds the key. By offering players the chance to advance through the game in multiple and vastly different ways, Deus Ex: Human Revolution challenges the foundations of gaming and provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence. A Q&A session will follow the presentation.

amazon just sent email saying release date is Dec 31, 2011

I pre-ordered at Amazon and just got an email saying the release date has changed to Dec 31, 2011 with delievery date of Jan 3, 2012!

Anyone else heard this?

Originally Posted by Cpt_Lipman
    I pre-ordered at Amazon and just got an email saying the release date has changed to Dec 31, 2011 with delievery date of Jan 3, 2012!

Anyone else heard this?
    No, and neither have Amazon! There *is* no release date yet.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Cpt_Lipman

Anyone else heard this?
    Placeholder date. Amazon, like any other retailer, has no inside info on when DX:HR will be released.

Whew!

I got worried as this is the email I received today for my order on feb 4 ...

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on February 04 2011 (Order# 102-3116694-4997819). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Deus Ex: Human Revolution"
    Release date: December 31 2011
    Estimated arrival date: January 03 2012

thanks all for making me less worried.

The official release date is for 2027.

Adam Jensen himself will be selling his own game
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    The official release date is for 2027.

Adam Jensen himself will be selling his own game
    Haha

Epic WIN, sir. Truly epic.
    Dr. Loboto: The bad news is, we're going to have to remove your brain...
    the good news is that your insurance should cover the whole thing.

Release Date Pushed

I received the same email from Amazon. BestBuy.com has set a release date of August, 2011. Eidos has definitely pushed the release date. They have not made an official announcement about it though.

Bah, another Alpha Protocol scenario.

I am seriously punching myself in the dick. That is how mad I am that I'm going to miss being the only forum member at the live demo because I was stupid and didn't think they would sell out of passes three weeks in advance.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    I am seriously punching myself in the dick.
    Anyone else wanna see a video of this?
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel, only slightly more gold.

You, folks, are in denial!!!!!!11ONEONEONE
    If you want to make enemies, demand respect while you exhibit none.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. This is a game that has to be played to be experienced.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

How about a release date of the release date so I know when to check back here?

Originally Posted by wowlace
    How about a release date of the release date so I know when to check back here?

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

Haha, good one
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by Tidal

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER
    As the actress said to the bishop.

signature image

http://area.autodesk.com/gdc2011

Autodesk is live streaming various product presentations at GDC throughout the day. At 4:30 PM (PST), David Anfossi, Jean-François Dugas, and Simon Hamelin will be doing a presentation about the use of Autodesk tools in the development of DXHR. You can watch it at the link above once it starts. We might see some cool stuff, but this presentation is primarily about game development tools so keep your expectations in check.

Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man.
    As the actress said to the bishop.

Or what the bishop said to the young reader.

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Or what the bishop said to the young reader.
    signature image

This picture should have written "Captain Obvious" on it somewhere.

http://area.autodesk.com/gdc2011/

The live stream of the presentation is starting now.

Originally Posted by Gribbix
    http://area.autodesk.com/gdc2011/

The live stream of the presentation is starting now.
    and we didn't learn anything new.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    and we didn't learn anything new.
    The images from early on in the game's development were new.

I also specifically said this was a development tool and pipeline demonstration and that you should keep your expectations in check.

Damn, missed the start so I missed those early development shots. That one looks pretty cool - obviously very early, but still, I like the look of it (barring the XBox hueg crosshair!)

Any chance whatsoever we could be told whether or not the ocean base background / other assets used in that demo were from DXHR or if they were tailor made for the demo? The base itself I could almost see working 9though it wasn't black'n'gold, durr hurr) but the jetbike thing looks too futuristic, and was that a Viper from Battlestar Galactica in the background?

So yeah....any chance we could get a simple yes or no answer to this simple question?

Page 2 of 90 First First 1234561252 ... Last