Thread: Guys!!!

Guys!!!

Hay Guys! & Ladies! & little people of any gender!

In a few months i turn............18, OH YEAA Yeeeeeeeeey.
    So, i need some epic ideas for things i could with my friends!
    The best ideas will be something:

*Not too expencive
    * not out of the country
    *something that people under 18 can participate in too

Other than that, ALL IDEAS NEEDED Thankshoe :3
    signature image

A combo of all or some of the following:

Bowling
    Neat vampire flick
    Paint balling
    Get into McDonalds on your knees and claim you are 8 years-old and demand a Happy Meal

OK so most of the above are a bit pricey.

Hmm OK, how about having a theme night and turfing the parents out after getting them to spend thair monthly wage on.....

No, this is not working and I am morally disallowed from suggesting alcohol and general frivolity because Goran kindly gave me the Agony Aunt tag and as such I suggest an early night with a cup of cocoa and a good book - I suggest A Life in Science by Stephen Hawking's official biographer
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Clubbing?

Oh wait.
    signature image

Well, we can't go clubbing on my birthday, because we're planning on
    at the weekend after O.O but i dont fancy this. However, it's only one shot in each pub/club so i wont be in for long, and it sounds fun

As for the fun things, i ahve 4 friends who turn 18 this year and they're already doing Paint balling, and Go Ape HOWEVER the macdonalds thing does seem fun you can call me childish, but going into macdonalds on your knees sounds like a laugh

Ooooooooooooooo, how about pleasure beach!? that sounds a blast!
    signature image

Well, whatever you do, don't book a flight to Ibiza. You'll only lose you morals, ethics and dignity (amongst other things)

Ahahaha!
    signature image

What about a houseparty?

Get everyone to pitch in by bringing bits of food, drink etc and you can make a playlist on a computer or MP3 player hooked up to speakers for music?

Just be careful not to put it on Facebook - Facebook Gatecrashers
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

Go buy a bulldog. Preferbly an English one. Or study the meaning of life. Or you can have a tremendous party at your house
    Dragons breath fire. I breath water.

I vote house party too! Always fun
    * not out of the country
    Kind of hard since you live in a Shoe!!!
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Stay home and do your homework like I did when I turned 18

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Kind of hard since you live in a Shoe!!!
    Good point!!!

And i agree about the house party actually! Sounds like, everbody shares the cost whiich is great of course, and also there's no entry fee.................... Well!...........
    signature image

See if there's any bands you like playing near you.
    Like Lo said, go paintballing. Or airsoft, whichever you prefer.
    If you're into videogames find one of those places where they have like, sixty game consoles linked together.
    Camping.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones View Post
    Stay home and do your homework like I did when I turned 18
    This was practically my 18th as well. Except I didn't do homework, I just couldn't really do anything since everyone was away/out of the country.
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

My parents threw a little party at their house for me on my 18th.

Unfortunately, I was with my ex then who spent the beginning of the evening moaning he didn't want to be there. When I answered it was my 18th and asked why was he ruining it for me, he moaned that why should he care when he didn't have a party when he turned 18.

Talk about childish...

He soon shut up when I snapped and told him to stop acting like a spoilt toddler and that if he didn't like it to go home or I'd get my parents to make him leave because I wasn't going to let him ruin it for me or my parents who'd put in so much hard work to make it a great night.

He didn't dare argue after that because for some reason he'd always been scared of my Dad.

@ KoolKat. Good lord, how imbicilic - no wonder he's your ex - hopefully every other poor Sheila's ex by now too

I had my best friend stay over for my 18th and she was being a bit awkward too and feigned illness so she couldn't go out and party. My Dad said that as our house guest, we'd just have to be polite and that meant missing my party.

I went to the upstairs bathroom and cried like a spoilt brat - very unusual for me I have to say but I was not a party animal by any means back then and it wasn't just any old night, it was a rare night out that I had wanted to celebrate with friends.

After a long silence, Dad eventually drove us both to a secluded pub where she sat for what was actually left of the night looking miserable but not ill. Looking back, I think she had a profound shyness issue but at the time all I could think of was that she'd come to stay to help me celebrate, not put the kaibosh on my night out!!

I guess looking back, I didn't consider her feelings at all but that's often the inexperience and selfishness of youth

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    @ KoolKat. Good lord, how imbicilic - no wonder he's your ex - hopefully every other poor Sheila's ex by now too
    LOL, he used to call me up and tell me he had a new girlfriend and then get upset and angry when I told him I was happy for them.
    In the end I had to change my number because he wouldn't stop calling. I guess the last straw was when he turned up at my work telling me he had something very important we needed to discuss and then phoned me later and asked if my now-fiancé and I had broken up yet.
    Turns out from my old neighbours and friends, that he has had a couple of one night stands involving very drunk girls, but no actual girlfriends. He just drinks and claims benefits.
    Even though I probably sound nasty saying this - in a small way, this news makes me happy, because I wouldn't wish him on any girl. He needs to realise that he deserves to be alone until he changes his selfish violent alcoholic ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    I had my best friend stay over for my 18th and she was being a bit awkward too and feigned illness so she couldn't go out and party. My Dad said that as our house guest, we'd just have to be polite and that meant missing my party.

I went to the upstairs bathroom and cried like a spoilt brat - very unusual for me I have to say but I was not a party animal by any means back then and it wasn't just any old night, it was a rare night out that I had wanted to celebrate with friends.

After a long silence, Dad eventually drove us both to a secluded pub where she sat for what was actually left of the night looking miserable but not ill. Looking back, I think she had a profound shyness issue but at the time all I could think of was that she'd come to stay to help me celebrate, not put the kaibosh on my night out!!

I guess looking back, I didn't consider her feelings at all but that's often the inexperience and selfishness of youth

I'm so sorry to hear that your party was ruined, Lo.

You weren't the selfish one and I don't blame you for crying. If she had problems, she should have not come in the first place instead of spoiling your 18th. It only happens once and I bet she got to have her 18th her way.

It was nice of your Dad to try to make things better by taking you to a pub, but I think if she was 'ill', instead of being polite, it would have been better for all concerned to drive her home so you could enjoy your night.

Omg! i can't believe those people tried to wrecke your 18th birthdays!!. I hate people who dilike it when your enjoying yourelf for something thats yours, its really selfish an spiteful.

I've had a little thinky think, and i've com to the conclusion of..............*DRUM ROLL* Going to my mates house and playing on his ps3 :3 with lots of food and drink and music and a takeaway then imma buy stuff, probably like an ipod or sumthing i've always wanted an ipod....................
    signature image