Thread: Strange graphical glitch in Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Strange graphical glitch in Tomb Raider: Anniversary

I recently got the Eidos complete pack on steam and fancied playing through the Tomb Raider games. Two of them work fine but I have a really strange graphical glitch in Tomb Raider Anniversary.

The game loads fine and runs smoothly but the vast majority of objects are not drawn or transparent. This includes Lara herself, only her hair and guns are drawn.

Also a lot the level geometry is see through. I have taken a couple of screen shots to show you what I mean, one from the title screen:

And one from the start of the first level:

I have searched online and found no other cases of this glitch... is it just me? Anyone have any idea how I might fix it?

My computer is an Alienware M15x, Intel i7 920 & Mobility radeon 5850

Quote Originally Posted by Crudzilla View Post
    I recently got the Eidos complete pack on steam and fancied playing through the Tomb Raider games. Two of them work fine but I have a really strange graphical glitch in Tomb Raider Anniversary.

The game loads fine and runs smoothly but the vast majority of objects are not drawn or transparent. This includes Lara herself, only her hair and guns are drawn.

Also a lot the level geometry is see through. I have taken a couple of screen shots to show you what I mean, one from the title screen:

And one from the start of the first level:

I have searched online and found no other cases of this glitch... is it just me? Anyone have any idea how I might fix it?

My computer is an Alienware M15x, Intel i7 920 & Mobility radeon 5850
    On steam? Go onto it's properties and check for a tab which has 'verify integrity of game cache' click and wait until done. Hope this helps. sorry for bumping.
    What? Do you expect me to have a good signiture?