Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Why do you like Batman?

Why do you like Batman?

Originally Posted by Billy Mays
    so why does everyone like the B-man?
    What are you dense? or Are you retarded or something? It's because he's the goddamn Batman.

No but seriously i like Batsy because he has some of the best villains in the comics.

well im sure Batman can dodge some heat vision from space, at least for a little while. Darkseid stated he was the first to dodge his omega beams. Like stated above, with preparation Batman can pull through. Thats ONLY if he knows Superman is on the hunt for him though, cause if Superman called him for a sleepover that'd be too easy. It's debatable who wins because they both have their strengths and weaknesses, i guess it all comes down to the favorites.
    You cannot dodge an omega beam, when Darkseid targets you, it will hit you. Cartoons just happen to gimp god like characters sucha s Darkseid and Superman. Also if you can be sure Batman can dodge an heat vision, what about a wave of them? I mean with Super speed and freeze breath, how can Batman dodge something that Superman uses?

Also i've yet seen a proper argument on Batman beating on Superman, so no it isn't debatable if the Batman side can't come up with anything. It just happens to be usual with these debates that the bat fans have close to zero knowledge on Superman and argue with assumptions.

well it'd be hard to find Batman first off since his costume is lead-laced, and he has a heart beat monitor to "stop" it. I'm not saying every time they fought Batman would win, at least 3 times out of ten. That's pretty flattering for Batman. I'm not an avid superman reader but I'm sure Luthor's come close to beating superman, if he hasn't already. And my moneys on Batman being at least just as good as Lex at planning. Batman always has a plan ready though, shown in "Babel". He has a good chance, but nothing is definite.
    Hi Billy Mays here!

It's gotta be the nipples.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    It's gotta be the nipples.

Okay,Doat1.

But why do I like Batman? Kevin friggin' Conroy. That's friggin' why.

Batman vs Superman debates are as eternal as the proverbial chicken or the egg question; I tend to stay out of them since I know it's usually impossible for people on either side, no matter how civilized they're discussing it or how well they support it, to find a common ground, and I find my opinion on the matter is quite unpopular anyways, at least in most circles I've stumbled upon it in so far.

I'm a little sad no one commented on the reasons why I like Batman, aside from picking out my comment mentioning Bob Kane creating him (I do feel bad for forgetting to mention Bill Finger's hand in it, though! >_<). Still, another thing I think is absolutely amazing is how Batman is able to be portrayed in countless different ways and none of them feel incorrect or wrong (well, maybe on a personal level to some, depending on what they are). I don't think any other character has been able to range from incredibly cheesy, hammy and campy to so dark and gritty it's practically unfathomable.

well it'd be hard to find Batman first off since his costume is lead-laced, and he has a heart beat monitor to "stop" it..
    Are you still trying to assume Superman can't hear nor see Batman? Do you see Batman being able to sneak onto a person whos faster than the speed of light and thought? Based on what
    I'm not saying every time they fought Batman would win, at least 3 times out of ten.
    `

And how? You keep saying he can, but i can't see an argument to support it.
    That's pretty flattering for Batman. I'm not an avid superman reader but I'm sure Luthor's come close to beating superman.
    Let's not argue with assumptions, please.

Batman always has a plan ready though, shown in "Babel". He has a good chance, but nothing is definite.
    The thing is the Tower of Babel plans we're only intended to stop momentary brainwashed heroes, but if you really wish to use the red kryptonite exposure to Superman which ultimately lead him to get even more powered by the yellow sun, might i remind you that a Superman turned evil could just play around with Batman's mind by taking the corpses of Martha and Thomas Wayne and use them for whatever reason he has.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    Batman vs Superman debates are as eternal as the proverbial chicken or the egg question;
    Not at all since we know the egg comes from an chicken alike race thru evolution. Superman wins if you follow the comic lore, Batman if you wanna gimp him out and write something inaccurately.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    His brain cells could be damaged if he loses his invulnerability. Thats why he has the perfect memory, but even then he is a genius level scientist like his father.

How so? If Superman for whatever reason decides to go evil, he needs to take out the risks immediatly. Bruce Wayne and Richard Grayson can lead a superhero team againts him with great tactics, so he needs to take them out immediatly. Just use his lazor beams from the space and voilá. I mean why would he need to waste his time and get close and personal? He doesn't need to do that whatsoever in order to defeat the Batfamily.

How can you prepare for the unstoppable? It's alot different for Batman to take on a brainwashed Superman whos fightning the corruption or a weakened Superman who doesn't even wish to fight. How do you fight againts someone who can never be stopped unless?

Here's another point, what if Batman went evil, not superman. Would that change anything?

I'd like to act a bit nerdy for a second (more than usual) the quote that Superman can travel faster than the speed of light, as far as I know is impossible.
    Next thing you're going to say is that Superman has infinite energy.

In order to completely eliminate Superman is to ensure that nothing can ever free him from a prison, whenever magical or radiactive, you would need someone to guard him for the ends of time and you'd need to hope he doesn't grow immune to the magic/radiation.

Enjoy the read! Raise the FINGER!
    Hypothetically speaking, if batman gets preparation time he CAN defeat Superman. Practically, Superman obviously wouldn't allow any preparation time. That's the main argument I reckon.

Kryptonite? Magic?

Superman isn't immortal. Exposure to enough Kryptonite radiation can kill him (?)

That link doesn't verify that he completely ripped of Bill finger. It just says he mixed Zorro, Flash Gordon and Birdman I think to create Batman.

Kryptonite? Magic?
    Can you make a scenario with the prepared Batman and make it into a believable scenario where you do not gimp Superman nor have him fightning a brainwash that allows Batman to pack punches on him? Can you make a believable story where Batman using kryptonite and magic can defeat the man who can see all atoms and so forth, can move faster than the speed of light and thought.

Go on, tell me how he can defeat someone with enough preparation.

Superman isn't immortal. Exposure to enough Kryptonite radiation can kill him (?)
    You can't really kill Superman as i said. You'd have to eternally imprison him eternally and ensure he can never get his cells boosted up pretty much. Superman is ridiclously powerful, thats his thing.

That link doesn't verify that he completely ripped of Bill finger. It just says he mixed Zorro, Flash Gordon and Birdman I think to create Batman.
    Did you miss the parts where Bob Kane never wrote anything on Batman but only drew what? 14 issues of Batman and thats it? He didn't even come up with the design or well... Anything. He was just the artist.

This is why I like Batman.. He's the original cause anyway.

This is why I like Batman.. He's the original cause anyway.

I would've guessed as much given your screenname.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    I would've guessed as much given your screenname.
    Batman 89 is one of my all-time favorite movies, and piece of Batman mythos.

Batman 89 is one of my all-time favorite movies, and piece of Batman mythos.
    I can't lie, it's undeniably a highly influential piece of Batman and a strong element of his history that ushered in a lot of room for him. I really, really enjoy it as well, even if I only like Batman Returns slightly better, and while neither are my absolute favorite piece of Batman mythos they're still pretty high up there. Still, the best thing about Batman '89 IMO, is that without it, we would never get BTAS.

Yeah, me and my dad watched the Adam West show before '89's Batman ever came out, and I laughed and loved it for its fun, or Batman on shows like Scooby Doo, or on the old JLA Cartoon, if ever that was on. BUT, it's the '89 movie that made me go "...WOOOOOW....!!!" And its sequel, Returns.

Then, yes, we got the greatness of The Animated Series. The only comic I'd ever read on Batman was in the school's library: A Death in the Family. I don't think I was prepared to see such a downer comic and violent one on Batman, lol

I'm pretty positive that Superman can be killed. Didn't he die in the DC universe online trailer? and dont say that wasnt canon or he was sleeping or anything, he was more dead than Batman Batman can always just mirror the powers of the red sun. and im pretty sure luthor has beaten him, or else he wouldnt be his main villain. and lets take bats and luthor out a sec, theres PLENTY of other people that can kill superman: metallo, captain marvel, doomsday etc. he can die, you just gotta know how to kill him.

But anyways, i loved every batman movie. people hate batman and robin, i actually enjoyed it. i like seeing batman portrayed differently.
    Hi Billy Mays here!

and dont say that wasnt canon or he was sleeping
    Ok then he was just resting his eyes.

First and foremost, Batman is looking out for the safety and security of the people of earth. If Superman ever went rogue and Batman reasoned that he'd be too much to handle alone, I do not think he would hesitate to ally himself with Luthor for the cause. After all, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    signature image

Originally Posted by batfan08
    First and foremost, Batman is looking out for the safety and security of the people of earth. If Superman ever went rogue and Batman reasoned that he'd be too much to handle alone, I do not think he would hesitate to ally himself with Luthor for the cause. After all, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    Absolutely.

Now I really want to see that..

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
    Ok then he was just resting his eyes.
    aliens must sleep with their eyes open XD

but i would love to see that too. doesnt DC know we want to see stuff like this? just make DC VS animated movies, that would be amazing! stuff like green lantern vs superman or black adam versus monarch maybe?
    Hi Billy Mays here!

It should be noted that Superman's "death," like when he "died" against Doomsday, was only temporary, as his cells took time to regenerate from sunlight absorption. I think it took months from Doomsday to recover. So, even though you see him "die" in the opening of DC Universe, if someone removes that kryptonite spear from is back and waits for a few months, it's very possible Supes could reemerge alive in that timeline. That's what is being talked about, him being nearly, if not impossible to kill. As long as there's that big, glowing ball of light in the Earth's sky, at least.

if batman ever went rogue though, it would be easier for batman to get the upper hand on supes. Batman will rely on the trust superman has in him to his advantage. he's used supermans trust to assist him in a win before...well "win" anyway XD
    Hi Billy Mays here!

I'm pretty positive that Superman can be killed. Didn't he die in the DC universe online trailer? and dont say that wasnt canon or he was sleeping or anything, he was more dead than Batman
    Same with Darkseid in DCAU. Don't take DCUO seriously when they simply take liberties from the comics to spin their own story.
    Batman can always just mirror the powers of the red sun.
    And how will he do that? Are you trying to say he is going to somehow change the closest yellow dwarf we have and someone who can go faster then the speed of light can't stop him? This is where fans make ridicious batgod arguments withouth even looking at the comic lore. Can you delve deeper into this?

and im pretty sure luthor has beaten him, or else he wouldnt be his main villain.
    When has Joker ever physically beaten the Batman? This argument not only lacks prove, but is questionable to begin with.

and lets take bats and luthor out a sec, theres PLENTY of other people that can kill superman: metallo, captain marvel, doomsday etc. he can die, you just gotta know how to kill him.
    You keep saying that, but when noone can provide a proper argument, why claim such things? It's the same as saying a criminal with a gun can kill Batman, since he's wielding a gun and Batman doesn't kill.

Metallo is a robot who can just get fried, Captain Marvel now has been written on losing to brawls with Superman, sure he has the magical advantage but Superman is DC's top dog and to my reading knowledge much faster too. Doomsday is a walking plot device that noone should even bother taking seriously.

You keep saying he can die, yet you further give me the idea you know close to nothing on Superman's powers.

Why would Superman let Batman live long enough for Batman to start planning things? That'd be just stupid of him to do.

if batman ever went rogue though, it would be easier for batman to get the upper hand on supes. Batman will rely on the trust superman has in him to his advantage. he's used supermans trust to assist him in a win before...well "win" anyway XD
    And how would he trick and beat Superman? How does a man kill the man who is faster then the speed of light? How does he get the jump on him?

I think you're underestimating Batman a little, Draz.He is a planner,he knows that Superman could take him down with his eyes closed and one hand behind his back.He knows this and he plans for the worst.If he even suspected Superman of going rogue,I do not think he'd hesitate to relocate to a lead lined silo under an entire desert in Eastern Lebanon and find a strategic solution to defeat Superman.Hell, I wouldn't doubt he has failsafes built into Wayne Industries satellites that form a red ultraviolet sun screen for this purpose alone.
    signature image

Batman and his environment represent a more believable comic book world. Batman's a guy with no superpowers, with intense character motivations, who has a gallery of enemies, the distinguishing characteristics of whom are mostly driven by tragedies that spawn various psychoses and mental illnesses.

I think you're underestimating Batman a little, Draz.He is a planner,he knows that Superman could take him down with his eyes closed and one hand behind his back.He knows this and he plans for the worst.If he even suspected Superman of going rogue,I do not think he'd hesitate to relocate to a lead lined silo under an entire desert in Eastern Lebanon and find a strategic solution to defeat Superman.Hell, I wouldn't doubt he has failsafes built into Wayne Industries satellites that form a red ultraviolet sun screen for this purpose alone.
    What is your rogue Superman doing exactly? Why isn't he taking out the rebels he'd face immediatly such as Batman? Why is he letting them escape and why would he let communication devices such as satellites even stay up? Like i keep repeating, he can move faster than the speed of light.

Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last