Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: What if Nolan made a Batman TV series?

What if Nolan made a Batman TV series?

What if Nolan made a Batman TV series?

It's not at all likely, but nothing is impossible. He's been really hyping up The Dark Knight Rises as his last Batman film, so wouldn't it just be fantastic to have a TV series that he could "godfather" much like the next Superman film? Remember, I'm not saying it's going to happen, I was just thinking of all the possibilities.
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

YES!!! We desperately need the Nolan-verse to go somewhere after this.

I just hope they release those new Batman animated series sooner...

Originally Posted by Scarecrow007
    I just hope they release those new Batman animated series sooner...
    Meh.

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    YES!!! We desperately need the Nolan-verse to go somewhere after this.
    Yup. Maybe people can finally get to see Robin portrayed in Nolan's universe.
    "I already did."

In Nolan's world,Bruce finds a protegé in a young Ugandan orphan whose family was brutally murdered by mercenaries who raided their village.Bruce is not subtle about the process,however.As a portrait of he and his "son" gracefully adorn the cover of people magazine.

Needless to say,when Robin is finally seen,the daft people of Gotham figure out Bruce's secret pretty quickly.Within days,the boy is in the care of child services,Alfred is indicted for aiding and abetting,and Bruce takes his rightful place in Arkham Asylum with the rest of the delusional psychos.(Under heavy sedation,of course.)
    signature image

In Nolans realism universe there really wouldnt be half of Batmans villains. How Bane is in the third is beyond me.
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by batfan08
    In Nolan's world,Bruce finds a protegé in a young Ugandan orphan whose family was brutally murdered by mercenaries who raided their village.Bruce is not subtle about the process,however.As a portrait of he and his "son" gracefully adorn the cover of people magazine.

Needless to say,when Robin is finally seen,the daft people of Gotham figure out Bruce's secret pretty quickly.Within days,the boy is in the care of child services,Alfred is indicted for aiding and abetting,and Bruce takes his rightful place in Arkham Asylum with the rest of the delusional psychos.(Under heavy sedation,of course.)
    What?

I'm assuming,that would be Nolan's realistic take on Robin.
    signature image

Originally Posted by batfan08

LMFAO!! Give this man the best screenplay Oscar NOW!!!!

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    In Nolans realism universe there really wouldnt be half of Batmans villains. How Bane is in the third is beyond me.
    Well, with a couple reimaginings, it would all work out. And Batfan's thing about Robin, if he's being serious: No, just no. The origin won't change, not for a major character like Robin.
    "I already did."

Relax,it was a joke.Obviously,it was a bit too deep for some of you.
    signature image

This would NEVER (EVER) happen. The main reason why TDKR took so long to be announced was because Nolan was scared he would find making a third movie pointless in the middle of creating it. A TV Series of this is basically the same thing except amplified hundred fold.

Even in the case if he thought up a brilliant new premise/idea for a TV Series; I'm sure he'll just continue is cinematic universe instead of creating a new TV Series.

Originally Posted by airblitz7
    This would NEVER (EVER) happen. The main reason why TDKR took so long to be announced was because Nolan was scared he would find making a third movie pointless in the middle of creating it. A TV Series of this is basically the same thing except amplified hundred fold.

Even in the case if he thought up a brilliant new premise/idea for a TV Series; I'm sure he'll just continue is cinematic universe instead of creating a new TV Series.
    Are you daft or something? Did you fail to read my initial post? I clearly stated that this is a what if scenario! "Remember, I'm not saying it's going to happen, I was just thinking of all the possibilities." Did you forget this part of my post? Whatever, I shouldn't be getting angry with trolls.
    "I already did."

Originally Posted by airblitz7

It's not even suppsoed to happen, pal. It's an idea we can all just sort of mess around with and think about. Don't take it so seriously.

Hypothetically if this ever DID happen, they could make a TV series (live-action or animated, either way) that was inspired and influenced by the Nolan films, but not explicitly based on them, the same way that BTAS was inspired by the first Burton film.

Personally, I'd be kind of excited to see it, especially if they were going for Nolan's vision, with some lenient twists on it (like allowing actual supervillains like Mr. Freeze), but in the end I'd be hard-pressed to find anything that'll surpass BTAS.

Personally I would hate it. I love the Nolan verse, but there are just some things that cannot ever be in there, like some villains. I'm excited for when they make more movies that might have a slightly more fantastical element to it. I would love to see some of the other villains shown in this kind of light, one that the Nolan verse would never be able to do
    Haikus are easy. But sometimes they don't make sense.
    Refrigerator.

Anything's possible, I guess. But, it seems more likely that the director of the next Batman film (After TDKRises) will probably continue the story.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

Originally Posted by KnightHero
    Anything's possible, I guess. But, it seems more likely that the director of the next Batman film (After TDKRises) will probably continue the story.
    Even though this is what happened when Burton handed the reigns to Schumacher, I highly doubt this is what will happen when Nolan leaves. TDK alone set a bar that is too high to be passed anytime soon. It's guaranteed that there's going to be more live action Batman movies hitting the silver screen in the future since WB has expressed interest in turning it into "the next Harry Potter" but I'm guessing that whoever gets the helm next will (unless they are highly bold or ambitious enough to take a crack at continuing Nolan's saga) do their own take that surely keeps some of the aesthetics (dark, gritty tone, etc.), but be different in terms of what direction it's going in. After all, different directors are known for their different techniques and styles.

I'm hoping that whatever happens, the next director chooses to go closer to the comics than any of it's predecessors have. That's just about the only thing that can be done better at this point.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    Hypothetically if this ever DID happen, they could make a TV series (live-action or animated, either way) that was inspired and influenced by the Nolan films, but not explicitly based on them, the same way that BTAS was inspired by the first Burton film.

Personally, I'd be kind of excited to see it, especially if they were going for Nolan's vision, with some lenient twists on it (like allowing actual supervillains like Mr. Freeze), but in the end I'd be hard-pressed to find anything that'll surpass BTAS.
    Exactly what I meant. That way, more of the mythology could be worked in there. I don't know if it would be as great as BTAS, but that old show Birds of Prey seemed to do fine before being canceled.

Originally Posted by KnightHero

What don't you understand about this being entirely hypothetical? I never said it was going to happen. Obviously they'll keep pumping out the films.
    "I already did."

I always imagined Bruce's journey to become a crimefighter in Batman Begins would make a great television series. He was gone 7 years after all, and I always wondered what types of things were going on during that time.
    Beware of the Knight.

Originally Posted by Rareless09
    I always imagined Bruce's journey to become a crimefighter in Batman Begins would make a great television series. He was gone 7 years after all, and I always wondered what types of things were going on during that time.
    The series that became Smallville was originally envisioned to be an examination of a young Bruce Wayne following his parents' death and his transition to becoming Batman. I would've preferred this, but Batman Begins is good enough I guess. I still think Batman: Year One is bar none the best Batman "origin story" ever, alongside maybe Mask Of The Phantasm.

He was gone 7 years after all, and I always wondered what types of things were going on during that time.
    I pretty much assumed that time was spent training with the legue of shadows.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I pretty much assumed that time was spent training with the legue of shadows.
    Well, specifics are always interesting. But, I'd rather it be a universe based of the films and therefore everything, even the ridiculous villains, have some pseudo realism to them.
    "I already did."

My bad. I apologise for not reading the entire first post D:.

He was lost when Ra's found him so he spend time with LOS. I love to see this happen either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last