Thread: February NEW TRAILER & Hands On Impressions - Discussion Thread

February NEW TRAILER & Hands On Impressions - Discussion Thread

look at that guy's feet on the left, they are bigger than his head
    To be fair that's half the head. The collar of his coat goes right under his ear, if not a tad over. Those are combat boots as well. The basic training ones I was issued were also bigger than my head That body is much closer to an eight-head figure.

On a different note, I respectfully request this thread be merged.

With a black hole.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Originally Posted by Gaunt88
    I'm with Arksun, this feels like a deus ex game to me, atmosphere-wise.
    No Gaunt, not for me. This feels like the work of a sole art director unifying his "unique" vision of Deus Ex (Which is terrible), created from JJB (Jonathan Jacques-Belletête, Art Director).

This is not a Deus Ex game. This is JJB's world.

Originally Posted by Srosa
    He meant "worse than IW aesthetically, not in gameplay.
    As if that makes a difference.

He meant "worse than IW aesthetically, not in gameplay.

Come on, guys, admit it. DX:HR is being sacrificed for its aesthetics, in favor of gameplay, when both should co-exist!
    ... really? At least DXHR looks cyberpunk... DXIW just looked like Star Trek.

Also -- we have no idea from what build the pieces of the new trailer are shown from. For all we know we could be getting pre-alpha footage here.

Third -- looking at the other game-play trailers, we don't see nearly as many problems with the graphics, so I'm not worried.

Lastly -- the character design will only feel bizzare and disproportional if a handful of NPC models are "skewed" -- if everyone in the game is artisticly drawn, I doubt it will break immersion in the slightest.

Besides, this game could look like the original DX and I'd still give it a try (a game that suffered from horrible graphics, terrible AI, disproportioned character models, and a camera that switched to third person every time you talked to someone...).
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

Ion Storm never forced you to watch an artistic concept from a delusional creator. They simply created a "normal" futuristic world, with a good spectrum of colors (Especially Neon).

This my brothers, changes everything from my point of view. I'm not in the mood to enter in a world of madness!

To all those who insulted me before, calling me a troll, I forgive you.

Originally Posted by Balmora
    No Gaunt, not for me. This feels like the work of a sole art director unifying his "unique" vision of Deus Ex (Which is terrible), created from JJB (Jonathan Jacques-Belletête, Art Director).

This is not a Deus Ex game. This is JJB's world.

Am I the only person who thinks the game looks astoundingly beautiful? Of course in large part that's due to the peerlessly good art design, but I think it's quite technically competent as well.
    ...a million bureaucrats are diligently plotting death and some of them even know it.
    -Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow.

People so easily trolled have no business being on the Internet.

Originally Posted by Neuromancer07
    Am I the only person who thinks the game looks astoundingly beautiful?
    Well, there's also JJB and probably MyImmortal. So, that makes three of you. Of course, you're probably all the same person anyway.

Am I the only person who thinks the game looks astoundingly beautiful? Of course in large part that's due to the peerlessly good art design, but I think it's quite technically competent as well.
    No, I do too. The game looks great, and I like the art style.

Oh look, I seem to be you now Hi me!

Four people now? Damn JJB, three accounts???!!

Originally Posted by Red
    So, the facials are bothering you eh?

(hehe, couldn't resist :P)
    Touché, good sir.
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

I like the art style, though it's translation into video game graphics bothers me a teensy bit.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Yeah, Jensen and David looks very different in game from the art style, but I think both are ok. I like how David looks in this new trailer, his augmented arm looks awesome...

Someone stick the banhammer up his arse.

I'm in your camp. I think the game looks awesome. It's unique... not photo-realistic, neither do I think it should be... It's like the difference between a painting and a photograph. A painting can have more beauty and meaning, even though it's not photo realistic.

Originally Posted by Rindill the Red
    I'm in your camp. I think the game looks awesome. It's unique... not photo-realistic, neither do I think it should be... It's like the difference between a painting and a photograph. A painting can have more beauty and meaning, even though it's not photo realistic.
    I like it as well. I didn't at first, but you know what? The first game looked like it was set in 1995. So...that's kind of odd for a game set in/around 2050. The devs have a point on that. The Detroit screenshots still remind me of DX1 style though, apart from those cars.

Originally Posted by subtlesnake
    Because this is a discussion forum, perhaps? Meaning that if you make a claim, you should be prepared to back that claim up with evidence, and to respond to counter-arguments.
    Of course, but I never claimed anything. I spoke a few sentences of personal opinion, and you can't seem to decipher between the two. Arguing against my entirely passive opinion on this is no different than me trying to convince you that you should dislike your favorite band because of some 'facts' showing why their music is unpleasant to listen to. Would that make any sense? Because you are doing exactly that.

If I had said something like; Deus Ex Human Revolution is going to be an objectively bad game because of third person cover and health regeneration. then I posted various facts as to what makes those game features objectively bad, then there would be a basis for debate. All I said is I personally dislike those features, so there is absolutely zero basis for a debate on anything.

Maybe next time your facts can convince me that I actually hate top sirloin, and dislike the drum stylings of Gavin Harrison.

This.

Even if a Deus Ex game, so far DX:HR's graphics just suck. And the protagonist looks like a metrosexual version of Vegeta.

Deus Ex: Heroin Revolution not FTW!

Holy I just pissed my pants.

Thats the funniest thing I've heard this week easy!

>ICARUS FOUND YOU!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Well, there's also JJB and probably MyImmortal. So, that makes three of you. Of course, you're probably all the same person anyway.
    It's all a conspiracy, and it's wonderful.

Where'd all this JJB hate come from?! Wow.

^
    Playschool isn't open weekends, so you'll find a few kids come here to play instead.

I don't know.

He's the coolest art director I've ever seen and I'm pleased how Deus Ex looks artistically.

Does that mean conspiracy grows larger or JJB has made yet another account?!
    Theon
    Faber est suae quisque fortunae. Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Another great trailer.

Originally Posted by 7h30n
    I don't know.

He's the coolest art director I've ever seen and I'm pleased how Deus Ex looks artistically.

Does that mean conspiracy grows larger or JJB has made yet another account?!
    It means that you're one of us... one of us...

Page 13 of 23 First First ... 391011121314151617 ... Last