Thread: Jump Attack vs. Bola

Jump Attack vs. Bola

Jump Attack vs. Bola

Ok, so here's the thing. I understand that Turelim are currently 7-8 hundred years before being at the point we know them from Soul Reaver 1. That would easily and clearly explain why they are not capable of shooting telekinetic projectiles as easily as their fully devolved counterpart. I also like the fact that the telekinetic power IS present at all in their skills, as seen in shockwave, ground slam, aaand Jump Attack. Really nice compromise betweeen absence of their powers and easy use of it to its full extent,making it simply a supportive ability to enhance all of their natural powers, I like it, I love it.
    Now, there's something that I don't understand, from what I know telekinesis is the power of mind. With that in mind, unless stunned or unconcious, their abilities should work to the fullest at all times if used with awareness of it.
    Can someone explain to me then, why is it that Jump Attack can be disrupted by a metal chains around my torso?
    Tyrant first uses telekinesis to jump way higher than normal, then falls, and at the moment he hits the ground with his feet, he releases another telekinetic charge to deal damage everywhere around him.
    But I've been caught by few people with bolas half a second before I hit the ground, only to find out that I lost all my weight all of a sudden, my telekinetic charge unreleased, and instead of shredding the enemy team with devastating impact from the sky, I fall at them like a pillow.
    I mean, I understand how it works on Sentinels, you put chains around their wings so they can't flap, and they gain alot of weight from the bola, causing them to fall. But why, and how does it affect Tyrant's Jump Attack? There's still 700 pounds of vampiring meat falling at your neck, with their mind, and thus their telekinetic powers, unbound, yet all of a sudden my jump is nothing more than a fall into my inevitable doom, with no position for another jump, too much crowd control, with all bolas and throwing daggers pointed at me to use my shockwave or ground slam, and thank God I use Ignore Pain, I pity people that dare to take Enrage at this point.
    Tyrant may have additional 500 health, but it still isn't enough to make up for his size and slow movement and attack. He's easy enough of a target to focus already, and I find it quite ridiculous to deny him crowd control immunity on his jump, especially with bolas, as it's completely illogical.
    Last edited by Deltajugg; 16th Apr 2014 at 23:25.

Aye, there have been multiple suggestions for the Jump Attack to be immune to CC.

Originally Posted by Calverp
    Aye, there have been multiple suggestions for the Jump Attack to be immune to CC.
    Hmmm after all these speeches about telekinesis and physical power I wonder why tyrant doesn't have immunity to bola AT ALL?

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    Hmmm after all these speeches about telekinesis and physical power I wonder why tyrant doesn't have immunity to bola AT ALL?
    That would be too OP :P Also, even if enhanced by telekinesis, it still may take time to break bola with your arms.
    Besides I think (may be wrong) bola works for a shorter amount of time on Tyrant than other classes. If that isn't the case, I say it should be.

Originally Posted by Deltajugg
    That would be too OP :P Also, even if enhanced by telekinesis, it still may take time to break bola with your arms.
    Besides I think (may be wrong) bola works for a shorter amount of time on Tyrant than other classes. If that isn't the case, I say it should be.
    No :P
    It would be OP if in case of being bola'd tyrant could instantly throw it back on hunter and thus killing him in one move.
    Otherwise I can't see a reason why the strongest among vampires couldn't break it off instantly.

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    No :P
    It would be OP if in case of being bola'd tyrant could instantly throw it back on hunter and thus killing him in one move.
    Otherwise I can't see a reason why the strongest among vampires couldn't break it off instantly.
    I have often imagined my Tyrant strangling a Hunter with his own bola. >_>
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

San Marcos, California, USA, North America, Earth
    There have been a lot of ideas kicking around about how Tyrants should be buffed, and while not everyone agrees on everything, I believe the majority of players think Tyrants do need it.

In my opinion, I think some sort of CC-resistance would benefit them the most. Tyrants have extra health, but they're a lot slower and a bigger target, so that extra HP is rather short-lived. If they added some sort of temporary Bola/stagger/stun immunity or resistance to Ignore Pain or even Enrage, but tweaked the numbers a bit, I think it would do them a lot of good. Either that, or allow skills through Ignore Pain but dealing less damage or something.
    signature image