Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Henry Cavill cast as Superman!

Henry Cavill cast as Superman!

Originally Posted by Batman The Trailer Hunter
    I've always felt that this guy was a good superman, even tho he is old, he fits the suit well

YES!! I was gonna post pictures of him but I couldn't find any good ones. He is by far the best live action superman IMO.
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    This makes it 90% more likely that he's the next Alfred Hitchcock.

Anywho,I haven't seen him in anything,but I can't really say he looks the part. Anyone agree?
    All he has to do is shave and wear a cheap suit and glasses. Wam, bam Superman.

...And bulk up. He has the classic hero look, though, just needs the size.

As far as the pics of that dude in the fan-made trailers: yes, he looks like a middle-aged Superman, very much like him and I bet when he was younger, he would have been perfect for a Superman at the age Reeve was playing him. However, he is a little older now, and I think he'd work fantastically, look-wise, for a "Kingdom Come" type story of Superman, or maybe "Kal-L" from the alternate Earth 2 in the Crisis on Infinite Earths saga from back in the 80's. Now, the acting side of it is another matter. I don't think the fan films have shown enough to know.

Rumors going around that Mila Kunis is on the short-list for Lois Lane. I'd love that. She's got the spunky attitude for the job.

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    It's hard to tell with Routh, because they didn't give him any good lines, or hardly any lines at all, nor anything to really do expressive-wise. He was pretty wooden, but that was due to nothing happening...

He was also forced to be too thin by Singer, though they had computer models with his body type of what he would look like were he to bulk up under what he could have done. Singer opted for a thin Superman, because Superman doesn't need the bulk, according to him, to be super...

And the costume he had to wear was horrid, but that wasn't his fault either. He wasn't good as Superman, but it's very hard to say that was his fault. It was the director, primarily, using bad designs and a crappy story.

However, the story was so bad and the results so poor in people's minds, there was no way they were going to go with Routh in another try.
    I totally agree. It almost seems unfair to Routh since the script wasn't his fault. That film seems to have hurt his career, he's now doing TV movies?!
    Beware of the Knight.

"Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Proabably good news..

Yeah, Swan's is the definitive Superman.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Morrison: Don’t make Superman a ‘limp and wimpy punch bag’

“I can’t wait to see what they do. There are so many ways to tell Superman stories that might resonate with a modern audience, and I’m looking forward to see how Zack Snyder approaches it. Things I’d personally like to see are a non-camp Luthor, some other villains like Metallo or Brainiac and a more vigorous, go-getting Superman. The noble attempts to portray him as a Christ-like, American redeemer figure in ‘Superman Returns’ had the unfortunate effect of making him a limp and wimpy punch bag. Superman is a highly principled hero, but he’s no pacifist; he’s a brawler who doesn’t give in until he’s dead or the bad guy’s down, and I’d like to see a bit more of that grit. “
    Definatly agreed. Hope Snyder and Cavill can deliver this!

I saw that as well. Snyder better deliver.

I read that too. Honestly,though. If Nolan can get a series grounded in reality, I hope someday, that we can see a huge, effects riddled All-Star Superman film. It would be a longshot for WB, but I think that it's the kind of story that would resonate with audiences long after leaving the theater.
    signature image

I wanna see brainiac
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Michael Shannon is Zod.

I like the theory how Zod would lead the criminals from Phantom Zone into a world invasion (aka big battle in Metropolis) and so forth.

I like how Snyder doesn't cast superstars in his movie.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I like how Snyder doesn't cast superstars in his movie.
    I like how he casts Emily Browning in his movies.. :I

Ah Emily, you will one day be mine.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Michael Shannon is Zod.

I like the theory how Zod would lead the criminals from Phantom Zone into a world invasion (aka big battle in Metropolis) and so forth.
    Michael Shannon was easily the best thing in Boardwalk Empire IMO and should make for an excellent Zod ... this news now has me mildly excited about this movie

Reading the comments after the article is a bit nauseating. The complaints are stupid I am seeing for this film. They're tired of seeing Zod and Ursa. They want new villains. WB is only reusing the same villains for marketing. Krypton looks too much like Star Wars (I guess they didn't read that those pics ARE from Star Wars: AotC, just to give a reference for what Krypton MIGHT look like...). First off, it's not WB forcing Zod and Ursa (who isn't Ursa, but Faona -- who Ursa was based off of), it's Nolan and Goyer coming up with a supposed unique take on things. And everyone's heard of Zod and Lex which is why they're always used in the movies is bogus. Zod was created, basically, for the Reeve films. They had commenters saying Humanoid/Kryptonian villains are boring. How so? Superman should fight only things that look the least human as possible? That doesn't make any sense. It makes more sense to see him fight against something that is as human-like as him, flawed like we are, yet as powerful as him, to show he's not just some devoid-of-humanity God. The sequels have plenty of time for Brainiac and Darkseid.

Anyway, very good stuff, I think. I hope it comes together well.

I think the complaints come from the fact that in the last 33 years the only real villains we've seen in the movies are Luthor and Zod, but I agree that its important to establish a mirror to Superman early on.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12