Thread: Startup glitch = terrible performance in game

Startup glitch = terrible performance in game

Startup glitch = terrible performance in game

Hi everyone,

Hopefully one of you can help as I'm tearing my hair out.

I've already completed the game (running at 62% completion and rising) and I've always had great performance. Recently however the game runs into an error during startup. There is a windows error sound, the spinning progress icon slows down, then the menu appears very choppy. No matter what graphics settings I choose I only get 10fps and it's totally unplayable, whereas normally I can run everything maxed out.

However, it isn't consistant. Maybe 1 time in 50 it starts okay and I get normal performance, but if I restart the game it screws up again.

Anyone know if there's a verbose mode so I can find out what's causing the error? I've tried running it right after windows starts, and killing every running service and my antivirus, so I'm not sure what's causing the clash.

Cheers, kirigoi

Edit:
    I should probably add I'm running Windows 7 and I have the steam version of the game.

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 @ 3.06 GHz with 6GB RAM
    GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 570

And it's not overheating...

Originally Posted by kirigoi
    Hi everyone,

Hopefully one of you can help as I'm tearing my hair out.

I've already completed the game (running at 62% completion and rising) and I've always had great performance. Recently however the game runs into an error during startup. There is a windows error sound, the spinning progress icon slows down, then the menu appears very choppy. No matter what graphics settings I choose I only get 10fps and it's totally unplayable, whereas normally I can run everything maxed out.

However, it isn't consistant. Maybe 1 time in 50 it starts okay and I get normal performance, but if I restart the game it screws up again.

Anyone know if there's a verbose mode so I can find out what's causing the error? I've tried running it right after windows starts, and killing every running service and my antivirus, so I'm not sure what's causing the clash.

Cheers, kirigoi

Edit:
    I should probably add I'm running Windows 7 and I have the steam version of the game.

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 @ 3.06 GHz with 6GB RAM
    GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 570

And it's not overheating...
    Consoles place this dude, try the PC forum
    Check out and Support my GrappleHook DLC Idea Please! Link Below!
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...13#post1563813