Thread: The Official Conversation Thread

The Official Conversation Thread

Originally Posted by old_benkenobi
    i'd say hes got a little more going on than that, draz.

um.....

Hells ya!
    wth?
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    mean, I know Ben can be rude and annoying most of the time, but that is pretty nitpicky.
    Most of the time? Wouldn't you say he's been helpful to you most of the time with his comic advice?

God, I hate this. I Pre-ordered from GameStop, then cancelled and Pre-ordered from Best Buy, then had to cancel that Pre-order so that I could then re-pre-order the Collector's Edition.I want, but I don't want it enough to re-re-re-pre-order it. Hopefully, they pull an L,A. Noire and release the Pre-Order stuff as same day paid content.
    signature image

Yeah have nothing to worry about broseph. Robin, The Dark Knight Returns so far have both been confirmed as early access DLC so i'd assume the Gamestop one is too, and the Neal Adams too. You never know if these are just unlockables, but the DLC early access is like a "cheat code" to get it early. =)

Huh, I didn't know The Nuge was in Brave and the Bold.

And that Neal Adams skin is BOSS
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Yeah, I can care less about the Carnival challenge map, it's that Neal Adams Batman skin that I want. Doesn't the Toys R' Us Pre-Order also come with a 6" Adams Arkham City figure?
    signature image

*can't care less.

And I really hope they have Golden and Silver Age skins too.

WOOHOO! Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man volumes 2 and 3 are officially in the mail and on the way to my house!
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

The Hot Toys DX Michael Keaton Batman is going to be shown at a convention in Asia called Ani-Com, which starts Friday, so I'll have pics up ASAP. Also, Jonah Hex #2 is on it's way right now, which means that I should have the complete series (so far) by the end of the week.Yay! Congrats on the Masterworks Spideys, Ben.
    signature image

Yeah gotta love them Masterworks coming, but after the fourth (and final one I intend to own) I gotta give my collection a rest until I can get some more income going. So I can't continue on my quest for Jonah Hex just yet unfortunately.

That sucks, but hopefully you'll be able to get Jonah back on track soon enough. Anyway, PlayArts (Square Enix's action figure branch) showed off their 10" Arkham Asylum Batman & Joker figures at Comic-Con.

And more Hot Toys DC goodness:

signature image

Man, that Christopher Reeve one is just amazing.

I wonder if it's the lighting, but the Begins suit looks like the breast plate of the suit is a tad thicker than in the movie. I also love how scrunched Bale's face is compared to without the mask. It looks like it hurts, lol

The Batman has interchangeable faces. There's that angry one in the pic above, as well as a relaxed expression, as well as a "Swear to meeeee!!!" open mouth expression. My Hot Toys quota:
    -Christopher Reeve Superman
    -Christian Bale Batman/Bruce Wayne
    -Michael Keaton Batman
    -Jack Nicholson The Joker
    -The Batmobile(1989)
    signature image

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Most of the time? Wouldn't you say he's been helpful to you most of the time with his comic advice?

I never said he wasn't.

And the key word is most, not all.
    "I already did."

6 Mins of GLTAS! This should be avaiable for everyone and not just US.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Yeah have nothing to worry about broseph. Robin, The Dark Knight Returns so far have both been confirmed as early access DLC so i'd assume the Gamestop one is too, and the Neal Adams too. You never know if these are just unlockables, but the DLC early access is like a "cheat code" to get it early. =)
    I hope this is the case cause after the Neal Adams skin, I'm dying to have all the content.
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

In that GL clip... is that Spider-Man and Rhino/George Stacy?

That GL preview was pretty awesome, but I thought Galius Zed was a Green Lantern, not a Red?
    signature image

Frank Darabont left The Walking Dead.

Now there is no hope...

(Extra points if you get the reference)
    "I already did."

Well this is rather brilliant
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

So while musing on the Marvel Masterworks line and wondering if I should invest in more books beyond the first four Spideys I looked at some numbers and came to a realization:

The hardcover line is currently putting out two volumes a month (usually) and by the end of the year will total 172 volumes.

The softcover line is currently putting out one volume a month and in the same order of release as the hardcover. By the end of the year there will be 35 volumes.

When the softcover line started there were already 111 hardcover volumes released. Even if they didn't keep publishing the hardcover line it still would have taken more than 9 years to get those first 111 in paperback at the current rate of release. And since there are two hardcovers being released for every softcover the gap just keeps getting bigger.

This is annoying because there isnt' any real pattern to the release. They didn't release all the Spider-Mans, then all the X-Mens and so on, they released a Spider-Man, then a Fantastic Four, then an X-Men, then an Avengers, then another Spider-man, then another FF, then another X-Men, then a Hulk, then an Avengers, then a Spider-Man, then an Uncanny X-Men, then another Uncanny X-Men, etc etc. So it could be years between getting Volume 1 and Volume 2.

For example, Hulk Volume 1 was reprinted in May 2003 (originally released in September 1989), Volume 2 came December 2004, Volume 3 came January 2006, Volume 4 came May 2007, 5 came May 2009 and 6 comes October 2011. The reason they do this is obvious and makes perfect sense, but since paperbacks are released in the same order but only come once a month the rate of release is much slower. Paperback Hulk Volume 1 came out in September 2009 and Volume 2 probably won't be seen until next March (two and a half years later) and Volume 3 until September 2013, four years after Volume 1. Volume 4 won't come until August 2015 if my math is right.

"But Old Ben," you say, "Why not buy the hardback volumes?" The hardback volumes are double the price or more, thats why. Not to mention, because the TPBs are so far behind many of the hardback volumes are out of print and can't be had for a good price.

The stupidest part of it is since the hardbacks are the books the restorations are made for and the paperbacks are just reprinting already restored material, the paperbacks should be able to come out at least twice a month. If the books came out twice a month then Hulk Volume 1 would have come out May 2009, Volume 2 would have come August 2010, Volume 3 would have come May 2011 and Volume 4 would come April or May 2012.

I mean, damn Marvel, speed it up already! By the time the year ends they're going to have 11 years of catching up to do to get all of the hardcovers released up to December 2011 printed in paperback.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    So while musing on the Marvel Masterworks line and wondering if I should invest in more books beyond the first four Spideys I looked at some numbers and came to a realization:

The hardcover line is currently putting out two volumes a month (usually) and by the end of the year will total 172 volumes.

The softcover line is currently putting out one volume a month and in the same order of release as the hardcover. By the end of the year there will be 35 volumes.

When the softcover line started there were already 111 hardcover volumes released. Even if they didn't keep publishing the hardcover line it still would have taken more than 9 years to get those first 111 in paperback at the current rate of release. And since there are two hardcovers being released for every softcover the gap just keeps getting bigger.

This is annoying because there isnt' any real pattern to the release. They didn't release all the Spider-Mans, then all the X-Mens and so on, they released a Spider-Man, then a Fantastic Four, then an X-Men, then an Avengers, then another Spider-man, then another FF, then another X-Men, then a Hulk, then an Avengers, then a Spider-Man, then an Uncanny X-Men, then another Uncanny X-Men, etc etc. So it could be years between getting Volume 1 and Volume 2.

For example, Hulk Volume 1 was reprinted in May 2003 (originally released in September 1989), Volume 2 came December 2004, Volume 3 came January 2006, Volume 4 came May 2007, 5 came May 2009 and 6 comes October 2011. The reason they do this is obvious and makes perfect sense, but since paperbacks are released in the same order but only come once a month the rate of release is much slower. Paperback Hulk Volume 1 came out in September 2009 and Volume 2 probably won't be seen until next March (two and a half years later) and Volume 3 until September 2013, four years after Volume 1. Volume 4 won't come until August 2015 if my math is right.

"But Old Ben," you say, "Why not buy the hardback volumes?" The hardback volumes are double the price or more, thats why. Not to mention, because the TPBs are so far behind many of the hardback volumes are out of print and can't be had for a good price.

The stupidest part of it is since the hardbacks are the books the restorations are made for and the paperbacks are just reprinting already restored material, the paperbacks should be able to come out at least twice a month. If the books came out twice a month then Hulk Volume 1 would have come out May 2009, Volume 2 would have come August 2010, Volume 3 would have come May 2011 and Volume 4 would come April or May 2012.

I mean, damn Marvel, speed it up already! By the time the year ends they're going to have 11 years of catching up to do to get all of the hardcovers released up to December 2011 printed in paperback.
    Are they going to release more Ultimate Collections beyond 3 for Ultimate Spiderman? Or should I just buy the trades starting at 7 since I have the first three collections which equals 6 TPBs?
    "I already did."

I have no idea. The third one was released September of last year and the one before that came out May the year before, but the first one came more than two years before the second one so theres really no rhyme or reason to it.

As long as the Ultimate collections aren't oversized (I have no idea if they are or not) I'd just get the trades rather than wait for a book that might not be coming.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    I have no idea. The third one was released September of last year and the one before that came out May the year before, but the first one came more than two years before the second one so theres really no rhyme or reason to it.

As long as the Ultimate collections aren't oversized (I have no idea if they are or not) I'd just get the trades rather than wait for a book that might not be coming.
    I have them, and they certainly don't look oversized. I'll just have to get the trades.
    "I already did."

Originally Posted by Batman The Trailer Hunter

Well this is rather brilliant
    Captain America annihilated Harry Potter tho despite the odds people thought it would face, hope they touch upon this in the next video.

Gotta love how in a single weekend Captain America has made back half its budget. Marvel is absolutely slaying DC when it comes to the box office.

Page 30 of 257 First First ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... Last