Thread: The Official Conversation Thread

The Official Conversation Thread

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    I just read into Grant Morrison's run after trying to avoid it....and I don't like it one bit..
    It would be nice if you elaborated. It seems like you went in with a negative mindset.
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

Originally Posted by Drazar
    What was wrong with it?

Just the idea of having Bruce Wayne announce that he's been funding Batman and the whole "Batman Inc" idea...

Originally Posted by butterskenny
    Just the idea of having Bruce Wayne announce that he's been funding Batman and the whole "Batman Inc" idea...
    That's it? Care to elaborate some more? I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but at least provide some legitimate points.
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

How did that effect the previous stories? Batman Inc hasn't even played out yet, but what is exactly wrong with the concept for you?

So, who wants to explain the recent events of Batman to me? I understand Bruce died or somthing.. then there was some kind of deal where he traveled through time or somthing.. now I guess that leads into INC?.. What is Inc?...

You should purchase "Return of Bruce Wayne" hardcover, my copy should arrive in 1-2 weeks from Forbidden Planet, but it's basicly Batman: Arkham Asylum in the essence that it's a story of a man using his body and mind escaping a trap, but of course this is a trap made by a god, not a mere asylum.

Batman Inc is pretty much Batman & the Outsiders done right. It's Batman's own team of superheroes using the batman symbol as a weapon, but to me it seems to be about Bruce Wayne creating new "super" heroes againts the upcoming rise of villains turning super villains thru the enemy organization Leviathan.

Really if you wanna pick up monthly titles, just get Batman: The Return and Batman Inc #1-2.

PS. Still waiting on that answer butterskenny, please!

This junk is amazing...

Originally Posted by Drazar
    You should purchase "Return of Bruce Wayne" hardcover, my copy should arrive in 1-2 weeks from Forbidden Planet, but it's basicly Batman: Arkham Asylum in the essence that it's a story of a man using his body and mind escaping a trap, but of course this is a trap made by a god, not a mere asylum.
    I got mine yesterday! About halfway thru it already ... and I'm pleased to say, I'm loving it so far. I'll post my thoughts in detail once I've finished it over the weekend ... but yeah, this is awesome reading -- brilliantly written, awesome fun and a pivotal moment in Bat-history for anyone who considers themself a fan

Who else is psyched for the Hot Toys Batman '89 figures?

Me!!!!You hoping for a batmobile?
    signature image

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    This junk is amazing...

Holy jesus,you weren't kidding. That is amazing.

Originally Posted by batfan08
    Me!!!!You hoping for a batmobile?
    That'd be amazing.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a few of each.. after the way the TDK ones skyrocketed.

Yup,I'm really hoping they have some exclusives at Comic-con when I go for the simple fact that you buy it for 200 and can sell it for 600 that same afternoon.It may sound unethical,but if just 1 extra fig can fund 3 that I really want,hell yeah I'm gonna do it.Especially with the prices getting higher.(Indy's gonna set me back 250 big ones)
    signature image

Originally Posted by Zur-en-ah
    I got mine yesterday! About halfway thru it already ... and I'm pleased to say, I'm loving it so far. I'll post my thoughts in detail once I've finished it over the weekend ... but yeah, this is awesome reading -- brilliantly written, awesome fun and a pivotal moment in Bat-history for anyone who considers themself a fan
    I should be receiving my copy tomorrow along with Captain America Lives. Glad you're enjoying the event book! Also thought i'd share this:

How's this sound?..

Henry Cavill - Batman
    Michael Sheen - Joker
    Directed by Zack Snyder.

Oooohhhh.....

How's this sound?..

Henry Cavill - Batman
    Michael Sheen - Joker
    Directed by Zack Snyder.

Oooohhhh.....
    Hell friggin' yes.

Alright, this has nothing to do with Batman. I just discovered the Assassin's Creed Abstergo Industries viral site, and in the first account I entered, I discovered...THIS. Now for those of you who played Brotherhood, you would know that Shaun Hasting's sig on his email is S....which is exactly what is said on here. Is this Shaun?

QUICK!! Someone tell me what kind of glasses these are, or where I can find them, it's important, I need them, now, make it happen, on the double, gogogogogoogo!!!!

I'm no expert but I think they're sunglasses, occasionally referred to as shades.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Ha, the kind of glasses with flip-down shades clipped onto them, because he's a badass physicist

They probably have to be like the kind they use when viewing nuclear explosions from the bunker, too, given Doc Oc there makes miniature suns for a living. I'd contact your local Pentagon/Area 51 representative for more info

I hate you people.

I hate you people.

The glasses that John Lenon and Ozzy Osbourne have made really popular are usually called Windsor glasses.

I have an entire cast filled out for a Grant Morrison Batman film series, it shall be posted.
    signature image

Will you cast Diedrich Bader as the outrageous voice for Ace the Bathound? Who will be Pyg and who shall be Otto Netz?

Meanwhile in the Ol' Gotham:

Night of the Batmen was a great episode and it was nice to see all the Batman tributes, even George Clooney Batman is tributed lol.

Page 3 of 257 First First 12345671353103 ... Last