Thread: The Official Conversation Thread

The Official Conversation Thread

Originally Posted by A Dark Knight
    So Hannibal's tonight.
    Holy crap I forgot. BRB.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Holy crap I forgot. BRB.
    "Did you believe you could change me, the way I've changed you?"
    "I already did."

So did anyone here play the new Bioshock DLC?

Nope. I haven't even played the first part. Maybe someday.
    "I already did."

Do so.

It's writers like Ken Levine that really lower my morale as a writer.

So, they make you feel like you shouldn't be a writer?

Also, Warner Bros. are seriously amping up their game this year. They weren't fulling around when they said that they'd also be launching a ton of Batman merchandise. Yesterday they announced an all new product line with Tee-Shirts, mugs, posters, and phone cases for The Animated Series and Mask of the Phantasm, as well as some products for '89, Returns, and Forever. There's not much variety, in terms of designs, but it's still cool to see them finally picking this fruit that was very ripe for it. Hopefully, they add some new stuff, as the year goes on.

(click image to enlarge)

http://www.shopdcentertainment.com/home.do?mobile=off

Please, though, as cool as all of this stuff is, don't buy the Mask of the Phantasm shirt. If you get the poster or the phone case, that's fine, and awesome, but I can't guarantee I can protect you if you start walking around in a blue tie-dye tee-shirt.

Seriously, though, I can't believe Batman is 75 years old. Happy birthday, and here's to another 75 years!
    signature image

It was mostly a joke, but I was saying they make me feel like I'm a crap writer.

Bah! They've technically only had one hit. Since Infinite's basically an alternate reality version of the first one, and two wasn't that great, from what I've heard. Of course your writing is going to be good if you just change the cosmetics of and tweak your original story. Stick with what you love, brother.
    signature image

Ken Levine isn't that great. If you want to really feel bad, compare yourself to the writers at Naughty Dog.
    "I already did."

Let it be known that when I watched the Last of Us (my PS3 broke, so I was only able to watch it edited into a four-hour movie on Youtube) I felt really freaking small.

Haha, it should be inspiring, though, not discouraging.
    "I already did."

Perhaps. That's a way I hadn't thought of it.

Yeah, having written some stuff myself, it's generally a good idea to just learn from others instead of putting yourself down for not yet being at that level.
    "I already did."

Writing and I have a complex relationship. My biggest issue is that I get a million good ideas that I start writing about, but I never stick with one long enough to see it through. A million beginnings, and no end in sight...
    signature image

Originally Posted by batfan08
    Writing and I have a complex relationship. My biggest issue is that I get a million good ideas that I start writing about, but I never stick with one long enough to see it through. A million beginnings, and no end in sight...
    Yup, have that too.

.gnizama si siht, oslA

?hctaw tsuj I did tihs eht tahW
    signature image

.noitseuq dooG

Batman's voice actually sounds less retarded and more threatening in reverse.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

.deednI

So how about dat Hannibal?
    "I already did."

Poor Beverly. This show's known to be cringe inducing, but that fate was particularly gruesome; it was stomach turning.
    signature image

I think this is as close to off-topic as we can get here, but I feel the need to show this to you guys.

EDIT: OH MAN MY ARTIST IS AWESOME

That's awesome. His art has kind of a Jeff Smith (Bone, SHAZAM! the Monster Society of Evil) quality to it.
    signature image

I discovered that guy literally this last Saturday abd thought the same thing.

Yeah, it's very cool stuff, indeed. Who's the colorist?
    signature image

Page 234 of 257 First First ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244 ... Last